Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
But the guy with the pellet gun got a couple of hits on them crazy

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And if they would've killed him you'd be bitchin that the guy only had a pellet gun

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/24/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
And if they would've killed him you'd be bitchin that the guy only had a pellet gun

I don't live in the People Republic of Boulder. But I see you claim in Austin, so one of us is in commie land.

Regardless, it's doesn't change the quality of marksmanship, or should I say the lack thereof displayed in this video.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/24/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I want one of the jap-tats on my forearm , something deep/cool & meaningful - what should it be - help me out with this ....

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oklahoma?

Isa-Tai’s bulletproof medicine musta finally kicked in.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you'll find that the kind of situation that played out here is one of the more common deadly force situations officers find themselves in. Using deadly force immediately upon exiting the vehicle and with the vehicle in close proximity. Yet none of the departments I worked with or trained with had realistic range scenarios to replicate the situation. I know range days cost time and money, and departments have limited budgets, but this very situation needs more training focus. I should say unless things have changed in the past 15 years.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They sure don't shoot very well. May be they were scared and were shooting with their eyes closed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought perhaps this thread was gonna be about the New York City cops. They are world renowned for their ability to expend vast amounts of ammunition without hitting anyone other than a few bystanders. Was that guy in the video trying "suicide by cop" ?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Under stress few people shoot well. That has be proven. Look at the bullet vs hit ratio in war time encounters. Not the same type of incident but it is a sample none the less.The ratio is terrible. Trying to control fear, adrenaline dump agency policy, procedure, the review of your actions by your department, departmental charges, public out cry, grand jury review by the states attorney,with a possible indictment, a trail,and attorney fees, they are brave to pull their guns and engage. If you are given all of one second to decide all of the listed factors, it is no wonder they did not shot well. But they survived the incident. The job is not for everyone and its complexity of late has become a real challenge. My 2 cents, Blue

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Perhaps a shotgun would have worked better.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Some men can handle the adrenaline flood in a life threatening situation, but most can't. Video after video, year after year, we see it proved. I think it was Bat Masterson, who had seen more armed confrontations than most, was fond of saying something like the calm man will always prevail. There are pistoleros here on the fire, I do not doubt, that can dump a magazine into a playing card at 50 paces....but I often wonder what would happen if the playing card was shooting back. Massad Ayoob's Stressfire makes that point pretty clear.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’d be scared as hell. I wouldn’t hit cshit probably.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Looks like a perfect situation to jerk that shotgun off the floorboard rack.

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just because you are a police officer doesn’t automatically make you a good shot.

Last edited by Mike_S; 04/25/20.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Just because you are a police officer doesn’t automatically make you a good shot.

Indeed.

Have any of you shot with LEO and your local range. Even in a non-stressed range environment, not great, in fact often times scary.

Oh, and the, "It cost money to train these officers, money we don't have" - "We can't afford to go practice shooting on our own dime" it all bull schit.

If you are going to carry a firearm, learn how to use it and use it well, otherwise don't carry one.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
Perhaps a shotgun would have worked better.

I think you'll find that many patrol officers don't have ready access to a shotgun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike_S

My experience tells me that most officers are just good enough to qualify, and that qualification bar is pretty low. I was a good bit better than average and still consider myself just adequate. Certainly nowhere near as good as the best. Interestingly, in the few moving and shooting training sessions I got to participate in, I did very well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems like many cops consider their sidearm to be a tool and not one that they're particularly interested in mastering, during the majority of their time on duty. Might to be more common with larger city forces, than with smaller ones. I know a few cops that are interested enough to train extensively (mostly on their own time), to become more proficient with their issue pistols. Most are not in that group.

We have two local PDs that use our club facilities to qualify/train. They each do that twice per year, over multiple days per session. Both have gotten more into it in the past several years. These are PDs with less than two dozen officers that patrol mostly suburban/rural areas. Each PD has a few officers that spend far more time on our ranges than their fellow officers, so that's a plus.

Both PDs now have individual AR "patrol rifles" and they've picked up the pace on training with them. It's only been the past few years that both PDs equips each officer with a rifle. At one time, both only had a few such rifles and trained sporadically with them. Typical session now, is one day on rifles and shotguns, other two days on handguns. Some time spent with their Tasers.Our LEO training area is now "littered" with barricades, barrels and steel targets that once weren't part of the deal.

I can attest from personal observations, that they've become far more proficient over the past decade, than they once were.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I want one of the jap-tats on my forearm , something deep/cool & meaningful - what should it be - help me out with this ....

His jap tat says " Paint partners back with my muzzle more than I do the bad guy".

It flows more when its a cool jap tat.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (257 mag, Beagler410, 35, badwolf, BABore, 9 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,061
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.