Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I made an offer on a used truck about a month ago. Guy turned the offer down. He did me a favor. The auction lots I drive by several times a week are full. There’s a couple rows of like new or new dodge trucks on one lot. I expect there will be a bunch of work trim trucks coming available in a couple of months and I’ll go to the auction and get a deal. I’m sure my work will be slow in the coming months but I don’t have to do much to keep my head above water.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Dave Ramsey is a jackass. Making millions off the ignorant, regurgitating financial advice that would be obvious to any 10 year old that's ever ran a lemonade stand.

I disagree, It's not obvious to people! He is not perfect by any means. But do you realize how many people can't come up with $400 in an emergency? Google it.
Do you think buying new and staying in credit card debt is smart?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Off lease oilfield pickups should be cheap pretty soon.

You might be OK buying an F-150 that belonged to a salesman or manager. I'd stay well clear of buying something that was used as a field pickup.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Screw the financing. I have cash, give me a huge rebate and keep the bank.

You won't get the rebate paying cash. Finance, get the rebate and pay off before the first installment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxVyeFmod8

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw up to 30% off MSRP on Rams down in FL. so that probably gives you a good starting point on a new one. Lenztruck.com with two locations in Wisconsin advertises 800 late model used trucks and SUV's on the lot all the time and are advertising now that they would deliver.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cheaper Toyota dealer here has new Tundras for about 5K off MSRP. Cheapest truck with rebates/discounts is over 40K.
My buddy said he saw Chevy 1500s for 30K.
I think there will be buyers after the virus lock down breaks, but then a dry spell. I don't need one, but I think waiting a few months would get best deal.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wem
Disagree with your neighbor. Dealerships are hemorrhaging and they don't even know it. Manufacturers finance their inventory, but dealers make money on repairs and used vehicles which have been sky high recently. After the soft startup you'll see only 65-70% of people returning to jobs. Less than 50% will return to jobs in retail, hospitality and restaurants. Commercial real estate will take years to recover.

Spent a few days truck shopping for a slightly used 2019 F-150; one dealer wouldn't budge the other was willing to deal. It will be a buyers market if you're buying.

A lot of places have loaded lots. In 4 more months the 2021s start coming out. Sounds like rock and hard place to me.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More supply than demand, at least in the next year.
Good time to pick up used stuff. Probably a lot of 2018/19 cars will be sold off. Downsizing after this mayhem is probably realistic.
New and newer cars will be out of reach for a lot of folks. It is amazing that US can sell so many cars when most Americans are not financially stable. This event will shake that out.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,383
Posts18,469,596
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.