Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 27 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

But you ain't too old to avoid the question?

I think it's best that you stick to birds and bicycles.

When asked a specific question, you weasel. <"shrug">

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Anyone who doesn't know that a shotgun is the most effective, and safest, weapon in close quarters is ignorant or stupid.

I've met a couple war veterans that would not agree.

But enjoy your absolute.

How dare you question his Authoritah

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

When asked a specific question, you weasel. <"shrug">

I'm sure you see it that way.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ayoob strikes me as a boob. A self styled expert long on opinion and seemingly short on experience. But who knows, maybe he is the “real deal”.

Shotguns at close range are undeniably destructive. Even a load of 4’s or 6’s inside 15’ or so is just nasty.

Better than an AR? I dunno. Would with out doubt take a shotgun over any pistol if someone was beating in my door.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a bad guy was beating my door down and I had a choice between a shotgun or a handgun the shotgun would win every time....

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Ayoob strikes me as a boob. A self styled expert long on opinion and seemingly short on experience. But who knows, maybe he is the “real deal”.

Shotguns at close range are undeniably destructive. Even a load of 4’s or 6’s inside 15’ or so is just nasty.

Better than an AR? I dunno. Would with out doubt take a shotgun over any pistol if someone was beating in my door.

How anyone can take anyone serious in a toupee is beyond me, that shows first thing they cant be real, all I need to see.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I had the opportunity to shoot 3 different Intruders and never pulled the trigger, thank God. Two of the times were black dudes that entered the wrong hotel room and wrong condo to fix a sink. I had the lazer on their heads and one pizzed himself. The other one was doped up and just opened the door and walked right in. He started waving his hands at me when I jumped up so I pistol wipped him to the ground. The only person I actually shot at I missed but he definitely got the message. I'd have a hard time shooting someone if I wasn't in fear of my life.

With respect....This sounds like utter bullshît!

😎

I'm not sure what part is utter BS to you. I take my personal protection very serious and I honestly don't know why I didn't shoot any of the three. It's totally out of character for me. The 2 guys coming into the condo happened in 2018 on Jekyll Island and I heard them screwing with the lock on the door so I was more than ready, they couldn't find their master key. The guy I knocked out was at a police sergeants house of all things. Guess you'd really think I was BSing if I said I've been shot in the right lung with a 38, been stabbed and gutted by a punk from Colorado, and run over in our parking lot by a redneck that I threw out of our bar. Yep, I'd sure hate for the truth to get in the way of a good story.

I told Beaver you weren't playin' 😁😁

He didn't mean nothin' by it, he's really a pretty good dude.

Apologies for calling you a bull-shît artist....You’re as close to living a John Wick life as anyone. Laffin.

I stand by my statement you should try a shotgun. Grins.

PS,
I hope the rest of your life is peaceful and quiet. You deserve it after the carnage you’ve experienced.

😬😎

Thank you.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He's an honorary reserve police officer in fugking New Hampshire.

What more do you need to know?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
If a bad guy was beating my door down and I had a choice between a shotgun or a handgun the shotgun would win every time....

What about option three?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone who doesn't know that a shotgun is the most effective, and safest, weapon in close quarters is ignorant or stupid.

But enjoy your absolute.

Ya, retired Police Detectives are so often FOS on things like this....... smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What about option three?

My post was a hit and run.... what is question three? I would be happy to answer as I have answers to everything...... smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

But enjoy your absolute.

Ya, retired Police Detectives are so often FOS on things like this....... smile

OK.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What about option three?

My post was a hit and run.... what is question three? I would be happy to answer as I have answers to everything...... smile

Your COCK!!!!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

What about option three?

Fubar, I think this is third option Travis referred to:

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
....a reliable, proven system, maneuverable, highly ergonomic, easy to maintain and upgrade, with a 30 round box magazine, very bright light, and a red dot that doesn't over penetrate in a house...

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/25/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He's an honorary reserve police officer in fugking New Hampshire.

What more do you need to know?

He reminds me of all the dudes that taught “karate” to Navy Seals before they opened their dojo in the strip mall near the Walgreens.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What about option three?

Fubar, I think this is third option Travis referred to:

....a reliable, proven system, maneuverable, highly ergonomic, easy to maintain and upgrade, with a 30 round box magazine, very bright light, and a red dot that doesn't over penetrate in a house...

Ok, thanks Sniper, the answer is ar15 , 11" barrel , brace , suppressor with lights, red dots etc.... with 40 gr vmax handloads......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pretty much my only experience with a shotgun for defensive use is a 3 day course I took back in the nineties. I had Hans Vang build my 870 for me and it does work very well. https://www.vangcomp.com/

If anything, I learned that defense shotguns can be very devastating in the right hands, need a light and should be set up so the user is able to maintain tight groups keeping 00 buck in the bad guy out to 25 yrds. to avoid hitting bystanders, and slug groups at a 100yrds can be covered with one hand. When I do my part my Vang Comp 870 can do those things, no chokes to remove etc... This being the case, your bird gun sitting in the corner is somewhat limited and the user should prepare and train accordingly if that is their weapon of choice.

Last edited by SBTCO; 04/25/20.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gunner500
Guys, this racking the slide, slamming a bolt home on a semi, rubber bullets chit has got to go, if you're alone, job one is staying alive, if your wife, kids, grandkids are in the residence, job one is keeping them alive, ANYTHING that has breached your home doesn't even need to be able to hear you release the safety.

I realize keeping an unlocked weapon with full magazine AND chamber is a fool's recipe. Read it on the innanet so the joke's on me. So me and my fool wife keep weapons available in common sense areas of the house, including an upstairs and downstairs Alamo. Every round possible onboard, safety engaged if applicable. With doors number 1 and/or 2 occupied with defensive appliances and 50% chance of a dilated pupil, sweaty palmed, nerves raw & bleeding, estrogen fired, nuclear attitude womenfolk with something between .38 Special and #3 buckshot locked and loaded, positioned to fire with eyes locked on the bad guy's access point, doors 3 and up are a home wrecker's only hope for survival. The scary thing about my wife isn't that she can use most guns. It's that she's willing to pull the trigger, a lot.

And as you say there won't be any audible mechanicals intended to frighten somebody that has already exhibited willingness to assault by breaking into our home. Only rubber is grips or butt stocks. Only vocals a high pitched screeching detectable between shots. He had his only warning when he encountered the first locked door.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Yep! This.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

But enjoy your absolute.

That didn't take long.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Ignorant AND stupid!

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 14 of 27 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1234, 160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,638
Posts18,474,424
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.