Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My guess is, the vast majority of burglars just want in and out with a minimum of drama. They don't enter occupied houses. It's a business to them. The less risk the better.

Unless they are whacked out on drugs and DGAF whats happening at that point in time. Then you've got a problem...

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Texas doesn't have the castle law?

In Kentucky (and other states with a castle law) it's a very bad idea to enter someone's house uninvited.

They're paid for.

Texas too, in Texas if someone comes into your house uninvited you can shoot them. Its not really the legal system you'd need to worry about, tho IIRC civil suits are always a possibility. Gang members, family and friends would be further up the list, plus the notoriety of being the guy in your neighborhood who shot someone, and the room in your house where they died.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Texas doesn't have the castle law?

In Kentucky (and other states with a castle law) it's a very bad idea to enter someone's house uninvited.

They're paid for.

Texas too, in Texas if someone comes into your house uninvited you can shoot them. Its not really the legal system you'd need to worry about, tho IIRC civil suits are always a possibility. Gang members, family and friends would be further up the list, plus the notoriety of being the guy in your neighborhood who shot someone, and the room in your house where they died.

Sounds like an urban problem.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like an urban problem.

Ya, in the sticks your neighbors might give you high fives, I dunno about the meth heads tho.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That purchase could lead you to another purchase of a cooler home defense weapon, like a Sig MPX

Clearly you didn't grow up watching Kung Fu like I did, ya prob'ly don't have dragon designs burned into the inside of your forearms either. If you did you would know a man is owned by his possessions wink

You did bring up the topic of 9mm carbines. If any of the AR clones are ideal for home defense, I dunno why something similar in 9mm wouldn't be even better.

Certainly there's be less flash and blast. All you rank amateurs here may not care about your ears but I'm a Professional..............................

.............................................bird watcher.

I dunno which would go through the most walls with a miss, I'm sorta remembering that the 5.56 tumbles impressively if driven fast enough whereas a 147gr 9mm can keep going sorta forever if it doesn't expand.

Anyhoo.... I figure the only reason why 9mm carbines haven't been front and center on this thread is there just aren't all that many out there, not like AR platforms anyhow.

I tried the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, the one that takes Glock magazines. The problem with that was the nifty folding design also dictates low-profile sights that I found impossible to pick up in a hurry.

If I buy another gun it might be a Ruger PC9 carbine cool

Birdy,

Load that 5.56 with 60gr Vmax and you have way fewer over penetration problems than with a 9mm and 147gr bullets.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
5 shot of snubnose .38 is just something to buy you a little time to get to your real gun.

To hold them in place while you go open the gunsafe?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
5 shot of snubnose .38 is just something to buy you a little time to get to your real gun.

To hold them in place while you go open the gunsafe?

You need to open your mind....more than one way to skin a cat.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by whelennut
Somebody told me that there are two kinds of burglars.
One kind is very careful to break in when they know for sure that nobody is home. They just want to stea
l from you.
The other kind hopes you are home or maybe doesn't care either way. That is the kind that you need to be ready for.
whelennut

I expect most folks are like me in that there's a whole quantum leap between the chance that I'm gonna get burglarized when not home than I am to get home invaded. Ergo I put a real priority in not leaving unsecured firearms in the house when I'm out..

OTOH the high school burglar who was killed down the street 25+ years ago just assumed the homeowner was not home when he entered the home, and got killed for his trouble.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whelennut
Somebody told me that there are two kinds of burglars.
One kind is very careful to break in when they know for sure that nobody is home. They just want to stea
l from you.
The other kind hopes you are home or maybe doesn't care either way. That is the kind that you need to be ready for.
whelennut

I expect most folks are like me in that there's a whole quantum leap between the chance that I'm gonna get burglarized when not home than I am to get home invaded. Ergo I put a real priority in not leaving unsecured firearms in the house when I'm out..

OTOH the high school burglar who was killed down the street 25+ years ago just assumed the homeowner was not home when he entered the home, and got killed for his trouble.

You still have that 311 double?

I'll still buy it, if ya do! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That purchase could lead you to another purchase of a cooler home defense weapon, like a Sig MPX

Clearly you didn't grow up watching Kung Fu like I did, ya prob'ly don't have dragon designs burned into the inside of your forearms either. If you did you would know a man is owned by his possessions wink

You did bring up the topic of 9mm carbines. If any of the AR clones are ideal for home defense, I dunno why something similar in 9mm wouldn't be even better.

Certainly there's be less flash and blast. All you rank amateurs here may not care about your ears but I'm a Professional..............................

I dunno which would go through the most walls with a miss, I'm sorta remembering that the 5.56 tumbles impressively if driven fast enough whereas a 147gr 9mm can keep going sorta forever if it doesn't expand.

Anyhoo.... I figure the only reason why 9mm carbines haven't been front and center on this thread is there just aren't all that many out there, not like AR platforms anyhow.

I tried the Kel-Tec Sub 2000, the one that takes Glock magazines. The problem with that was the nifty folding design also dictates low-profile sights that I found impossible to pick up in a hurry.

Birdy,

Load that 5.56 with 60gr Vmax and you have way fewer over penetration problems than with a 9mm and 147gr bullets.

Plus, an MPX will up your coolness factor by 100. Think John Wick cool!

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Birdy,

Plus, an MPX will up your coolness factor by 100. Think John Wick cool!

😬😎

Tarrin would make him on. Only about 5k.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
How about a flashlight that bites...

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Of course I do, a 24" Model B, an artifact of classic Americana; shoulders like a 2x4, kicks like a mule, stock of the finest birch set off by a distinctive coffee-with cream shade finish cool

You got an extra MPX laying around?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Birdwatcher,

I'm pretty sure you're too stupid to win anything.

Much less a gunfight.

Get some more candles and a box of wine.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been cutting my wine 50/50 with grape juice.

Maybe I should dump the wine and cut the grape juice with grain alcohol.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've been cutting my wine 50/50 with grape juice.

Maybe I should dump the wine and cut the grape juice with grain alcohol.

Can't hurt.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Of course I do, a 24" Model B, an artifact of classic Americana; shoulders like a 2x4, kicks like a mule, stock of the finest birch set off by a distinctive coffee-with cream shade finish cool

You got an extra MPX laying around?

I'm short on MPX's at the moment.

But, I'll give ya $300 to go towards one... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Beaver10, I don't believe birdie could get any cooler.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Whew! 2 pages too quick to comprehend.

But,

Birdie says; I've got to practice laying down.

Well,,,,,,,,, yeah! I shot a USPSA match that had a makeshift bed & a nightstand. That damn Dr. Frankenstein of course designers we had in the club. Stories abound.

You had to lie/lay on the bed, with your back to the targets of course. Your gat in the nightstand drawer. Shooters, good shooters twisting, turning, trying to figure out the fastest moves. Few had a solution. Kind of crazy actually, all the matches we shot with hands above shoulders in a surrender position, & we had that down.

But...... when we had to get out of bed & face targets, none were ready or had practiced. blush One of the most frustrating matches we had crazy Yet one of the most real.

Now, some will say that was just a game. Correct, but it was a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm short on MPX's at the moment.

But, I'll give ya $300 to go towards one... wink

Fifty years ago I stared drooling at a Western Auto catalog, and swore that one day, as God was my witness, I would own a Fox 311......

Nifty pack along-guns on trips, especially to handgun-unfriendly jurisdictions, in the case of encountering would be evil-doers, nothing says "go away and leave me alone" quite like them two cavernous muzzles cool

Works on bears too.

Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,902
Posts18,498,107
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.