Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Was on a conference call this morn with some so called experts from a major investment firm.
They were slightly bullish. They think the Dow will completely recover in 12-18 months. Actually it’s done 50% of that already.
Some stocks, hospitality, airlines as examples will struggle for longer time.

My reply would’ve been:

“Guys, that is fantastic news to hear. Listen, we want to go after money on the sidelines right now, and we feel people are eager to jump back in, so would it be asking too much for you guys to produce some charts for us, that shows the last time we had a minimum drop of 4.8% in GDP with no fewer than 26+MIL on unemployment produce the 12-18 month turnaround you just described, so we can utilize those charts?”

Oh…to hear the dead silence on the other end….would have been gold….

I’m not saying they’re right, and I’m less bullish.
I would expect their answer to your question to be, “under those conditions you mention, the DOW is up roughly 6000 points since its bottom 4-5 weeks ago, and that about 30%.”

My second reply to them would be:

A good engine always melts the pistons when entering the trap…not before.

Don’t tell me this economic engine can win a championship and is producing the needed horsepower, when it is melting pistons (26+ MIL UI / Negative GDP ) before entering the trap.

The fact they can’t understand an analogy like above, is the same reason those “book smart financial yuppies” only repeat to their clients what their bosses tell them in sales meetings…they haven’t the slightest clue of how the real world works, and they have never, and will never, tell a client to bail from the market in times like we are facing, for the same reasons politicians will never vote for term limits….their job.

And there’s never just “one” bottom in a Depression. Where do you think the term “dead cat bounce” originated from?….is what I’d mumble and close with to them.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, an engine melting pistons is the one perfect analogy.

We're witnessing genius un action, boys!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bitcoin is going insane.... INSANE !!

Also bought in to a deal with Tikka Tiwari on a 5 coins for 5 Million $ dollar deal and am up 1300 % in 2 weeks. Palm Beach research.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by ironbender
Dow Jones has made back half of the drop from the high.

I’ve said it before. This chinaflu will end, Trump gets re-elected, and the market roars.

Dow will be 35K by Christmas. Book it.

Which Christmas, Bender ?

The next one.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I’ve said it before. This chinaflu will end, Trump gets re-elected, and the market roars.

Which Christmas, Bender ?

The next one.

Ahhhh, yes !
Like the sign above the bar, “free beer tomorrow “.

Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i will keep my hard earned gains in cash for now. my regular investments are going into s&p though. we have not seen the earnings for 2nd and 3rd quarter yet.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Been watching several stocks over that past couple of months myself. I decided to buy Carnival Cruise Lines when it got down to 8 bucks and its close to 16 now I think. Marothon Oil and Haliburton have nearly if not already doubled since their lows a month or so ago. Some of the pharma's have done well. I haven't made a killing but I did invest 15k into CCL, MRNA and Pfizer and I'm up to 32K I believe in just a few weeks.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jaytee
Been watching several stocks over that past couple of months myself. I decided to buy Carnival Cruise Lines when it got down to 8 bucks and its close to 16 now I think. Marothon Oil and Haliburton have nearly if not already doubled since their lows a month or so ago. Some of the pharma's have done well. I haven't made a killing but I did invest 15k into CCL, MRNA and Pfizer and I'm up to 32K I believe in just a few weeks.

Its better to complain, hide in your closet from the Chinese virus, let your wife watch the hallmark channel, keep your money in the bank at .5 per cent interest or bury all your savings in the back yard in mason jars and talk about where to buy more ammo.

Im out of market for most part today excepts for a few stocks I picked up at 90 per cent below their highs, after this hot month and will reinvest when the bargains appear again. Cant believe a lot of people didn't jump in after the March crash at least temporarily.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Cant believe a lot of people didn't jump in after the March crash at least temporarily.

The stock market is the only place where people run away from a sale...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Brad
Cant believe a lot of people didn't jump in after the March crash at least temporarily.

Yessir.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Brad

Excuse me sir, but would you like some free money?

Oh, no thank you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It was all golden.

Then you brought back the ghost of okok....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

I would bail out now. O&G is the worst place to be in the market now.
Sure you can make some money on O&G but why? The O&G market sucks, and there are so many solid healthy companies in other sectors to invest in. To each their own for sure. But O&G is a bad place to be.

Another update for those who've watched this thread....
As of today (and since March with my first official trade) I'm up just about $50K from my $65K account = $115K.

Thanks in part to this little guy--but avoid oil at all cost! smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Edit...just went to $1.61...grin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice work...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The returns have been insane! When Trump and his bro at the Fed announced they were going to pump $7 trillion into the market to fight the common cold well.... if you didn't know to get in and grab a piece of that then too bad.

It's not too late though. Trump knows the power of QE, he's been using it even before all this fake virus crap, as the economy strengthened so I don't see him letting off it any time soon. So long as Trump keeps printing, the market is risk free. If he gets re-elected, we'll easily see DOW 50k.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I put some spare cash into GUSH,Alaska Air, and Carvana when the market was at its worst. Now if I can just go ahead and sell. That's my problem, I can pick a winner but I have trouble selling after a big gain. I doubled my money on 200 shares of Diamond Offshore and hung on to it. Now they're in bankruptcy.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by muffin
End of April/early May.................

I already did................... but I missed by a month!

Last edited by muffin; 06/05/20.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Was on a conference call this morn with some so called experts from a major investment firm.
They were slightly bullish. They think the Dow will completely recover in 12-18 months. Actually it’s done 50% of that already.

My reply would’ve been:

“Guys, that is fantastic news to hear. Listen, we want to go after money on the sidelines right now, and we feel people are eager to jump back in, so would it be asking too much for you guys to produce some charts for us, that shows the last time we had a minimum drop of 4.8% in GDP with no fewer than 26+MIL on unemployment produce the 12-18 month turnaround you just described, so we can utilize those charts?”

I would expect their answer to your question to be, “under those conditions you mention, the DOW is up roughly 6000 points since its bottom 4-5 weeks ago, and that about 30%.”

Don’t tell me this economic engine can win a championship and is producing the needed horsepower, when it is melting pistons (26+ MIL UI / Negative GDP ) before entering the trap.

The fact they can’t understand an analogy like above, is the same reason those “book smart financial yuppies” only repeat to their clients what their bosses tell them in sales meetings…they haven’t the slightest clue of how the real world works, and they have never, and will never, tell a client to bail from the market in times like we are facing, for the same reasons politicians will never vote for term limits….their job.

And there’s never just “one” bottom in a Depression. Where do you think the term “dead cat bounce” originated from?….is what I’d mumble and close with to them.

1. Trump was never President before.
2. The heater was never turned on for the U.S. economy to flourish like this before. It took multiple points of stimulation, even before this rebound.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt

My reply would’ve been:

1. Trump was never President before.
2. The heater was never turned on for the U.S. economy to flourish like this before. It took multiple points of stimulation, even before this rebound.

Your post nailed it! No prior president has even come close to smashing the gas pedal on the "free" market economy like Trump!

2X the largest GOVERNMENT relief package EVER signed into law and that doesn't count the ADDITIONAL $5 trillion printed and pumped into the economy... all in a matter of a few weeks. EPIC recovery the likes of which mankind has never seen before. H3ll... even Trump keeps inadvertently calling "Billion" when it stars with a "T"!

That's decisive leadership!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2DrA56HHs

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I would bail out now. O&G is the worst place to be in the market now.

So.... many thanks, MCH, you're misguided 2020 advice helped keep me determined and focused over the last few years; finally cashed out of my PR (Permian Resources) investment today with my 18 bagger.
Goal was 1/3 mill, but I settled at $300k. Long live oil and gas!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 22magnut, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,604
Posts18,532,680
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.