Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Is this true? Praying it's not for our friends north of us. I know you don't have an equivalent to the Second Amendment of the U.S
Constitution, but the right listed in the Second Amendment did not originate in the U.S., and it wasn't "granted" by the U.S. government - it is a God-given right to protect yourself and your families, friends and neighbors, and to defend liberty and freedom from tyranny.

Is Trudeau trying to steal your rights?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ramblin Razorback;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was a good one for you and this finds you well.

It would appear that the current government is going to attempt to ban a number of firearms. The list in the attached link may or may not be what they're attempting to take away.

I will use the term "take" because they're apparently talking about doing a "buy back" but of course they're doing it with tax money derived from the owners of said arms, so to me that's taking.

Here's a link for what's involved with launching an appeal - any firearms owners in Canada reading this are encouraged to launch an appeal for each firearm - plug the system.....

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/f-11.6/page-9.html

Here is a link to the NFA's take on the situation.

https://nfa.ca/2020/01/13/upcoming-gun-bans-and-confiscations-what-to-know-and-what-to-do/

Here's a link to the CCFR who are fighting this as hard as humanly possible.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/membership-info/

Some of the arms are registered and therefore will have the owners on a "list" which can be accessed by the constabulary. Some of the arms - the Mini-14's for instance are not currently registered so they then would be theoretically tougher for the federal government to locate.

My hope is that this might get enough Canadian gun owners attention sufficient so they get involved. Many of us yet believe that as long as the government is targeting the black rifles, our hunting rifles and trap shotguns are safe.

Please note that the PM stated just yesterday "But as long as Canadians are losing their loved ones to gun violence, not enough has changed."

Call me crazy, but I read that as the Liberals, NDP and Parti Quebecois will continue taking the legally owned property of Canadians until we are disarmed.

I've been saying this for nearly 40 years folks - they want them all.

Anyway, as if they hadn't spent enough of our kid's and grandkid's tax dollars with the Covid mess, we can now add this on top.

All the best to you all out there. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Dwayne, you are spot on; they want them all. From what Im hearing they are also talking about taking anything that will produce over so many foot pounds as well. One fellow told me the 416 will be illegal if they get this through. Luckily I am a US citizen so have the ability to leave, and its getting close to that for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yukon254:
Good evening sir, thanks for the reply.

While we won't know until we see the convoluted cesspool they've created, the .50 BMG is the target they were after with the energy/joules ban.

Of course none of the globalist brain trust in the Liberal party will ever face either a polar bear or grizzly, so they don't care if Canadians can't have the best tool for the job - should that job be not becoming bear poop that day.

I'm not sure if the .416 will generate enough energy to make "the list" or not. I'm reading on the CCFR site that perhaps the .460 Weatherby will be over the limit.

Anyway sir, we'll see what we get when they roll out the septic tank contents and then do our best to fight it by whatever means we're able to.

All the best to you all this spring sir. Stay well.

Dwayne

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think the best thing we can do is to do what we can to support the Canadian firearms and shooting sports industry. Buy ammunition and guns. Go to the range and shoot. Ignore Liberal directives. GD

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
None of it makes any sense of course, but I fail to see why a foot-pound restriction? Somebody is REALLY going to shoot up a grocery store or church with a Weatherby magnum? What the hell?

Gotta watch out for those safari hunters, they are a scary bunch...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
auk1124;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's a fine one in your part of Kentucky and that this finds you all well.

The ruling is - as I understood it in the leaked document read yesterday - that the restriction was bore over 20mm and/or a maximum foot pound or joule rating. If I was going to guess that's aimed at taking away the .50BMG rifles that some folks like to plink at long range with.

To the best of my knowledge, no shooting has ever occurred in Canada with any sort of long range target rifle - but they do look scary and in my opinion that's the primary criteria for determining firearms laws in Canada. The fact that the best tools for defending our lives from creatures such as Polar or Grizzly bears does not occur to them, as the closest they'll come to either bear is discussing how global climate change is affecting the poor bears whilst sipping a pumpkin spice late down in some coffee shop in Toronto or Ottawa.

The Liberal and leftist who are driving this think they can have support of "regular everyday Canadians" to remove scary things first. It's for the greater good of society after all, right?

Again sir, as I'm emphatically the very antithesis of a left leaning globalist, the above is sheer speculation on my part.

Perhaps if I suffer some sort of industrial accident and loose 3/4 of my brain function I'd be better able to understand their motives, but at present that's as close a guess as I'm able to muster.

All the best to you folks sir. Stay well.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
When you get to the underlying facts, gun bans and gun control laws aren't really about protecting the citizens - their goal is to take power away from the citizens. While the right underlying the U.S. Second Amendment is a fundamental individual right, the Founding Fathers had very fresh experience with having to throw off the yoke of a tyrant. (I understand if our Loyalist neighbors to the north have a different take on what happened in the 1770s, but that's the view down here, and the principle remains regardless of your opinion of King George III.)

The left wingers today in North America are Neo-Communists of the Marx/Lenin tradition, and if they somehow gain total power and turn your or my country into a 21st Century Soviet Union, they don't want the citizens to have the ability to depose a Stalin to restore constitutional government. A rifle chambered for .50 BMG certainly wouldn't be the weapon of choice for a mass murderer (too heavy to be very portable, slow rate of fire in rounds per minute even in semiauto due to cartridge size, etc.), but it would be useful to patriots restoring constitutional government to the land against a despot's army. That is how the proposed .50 BMG ban shows their desires.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One more time.

Gun legislation in Canada is a feel good treat awarded to urbanites for voting Liberal. It does nothing as our gun laws have been good for decades. Neither party understands that if all the money that has been blown on gun registry and control was allocated to mental health and tighter border controls something might be achieved.

I usually vote NDP but it will be conservative next time. Last time was when Harper promised to end the long gun registry. Basically Trudeau just turned all left thinking gun owners in to conservative voters.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bows Up
Gun legislation in Canada is a feel good treat awarded to urbanites for voting Liberal.

That is it in a nut shell. Designed to garner future votes with legislation based on fear and ignorance.

He should have banned white vans as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_van_attack

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
very sad day in Canadian history....

Rob
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell Mr. T to trot down here and take my “M” rifle. He won’t bother you anymore, I promise.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The turd is an evil authoritarian, who will only be happy when we are all under the boot of .gov

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Anything producing over 10,000 Joules (7400 ft pounds or so) is now potentially prohibited. Thank god as we all know of the scourge of 460 and 416 Weatherby's that have been used to commit heinous crimes. I feel safer already. It's so random that this is a far worse attack on rights than the failed registry. So totally cynical that only a little entitled man child could think of it. Thank you Central and Eastern Canada.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I do believe that the Tugeye PM of ours is scared of one being used on him.
Hopefully one day he gets to go on a one way fishing trip

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you anticipate the Canadian gun owners to respond
like the Kiwis? Simply ignore it and go on?

Personally, I know exactly which of my guns are paper chained to me.
And which aren't.
If push came to shove, a few registered ones would disappear (sold!)
along with all the ghosts.

And no, I have never, nor will I ever,
utter that stupid Gun Store Commando line about a boat.

It's been thrown around so much, that the 4 guys I know that actually
lost there rifles in an boat wreck, would be locked up for telling the truth.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Interesting question.

In the several years I've known Canadians, I've found some tough, hardy, fine people from Coast to Coast, especially in the rural areas, whether it be in the West or in the Eastern Maritimes.

Unfortunately the Maritimers, with their seasonal occupations, have been brainwashed into voting for the Liberal Govt due to the off season handouts that they receive.

As far as an uprising against their government - I doubt that'll happen; most Canadians tend to not think in terms of active dissent against their government.

The prevalent thought among the few hunters I've spoken to, is "doesn't affect me, I only have bolt actions & a pump shotgun".

There're exceptions to the above, but too few in numbers, and not predisposed to an armed struggle against the Govt, except for a couple small indigenous bands on a couple of occasions.

The fact that the voting population that decides an election outcome is concentrated in 3 large cities only means that in a matter of a few short years, there'll likely be very few or no legal firearms.

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Do you anticipate the Canadian gun owners to respond
like the Kiwis? Simply ignore it and go on?

Low speed, high drag
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
His Dad used the term " just watch me" when he imposed the war measures act during the FLQ crisis.
This guy is hit with the same hammer.
The real problem is he sidestepped our procedural Parliamentary steps- there was no debate.
This nonsense is dividing Canada, and enhancing western separation . Rural vs urban friction.
We can change this back to be more sensible .
Legislation has got to be enacted so rogue governments cannot end run around these things.
Westerners do not accept this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ofelas
Unfortunately the Maritimers, with their seasonal occupations, have been brainwashed into voting for the Liberal Govt due to the off season handouts that they receive.

Bang on observation about Maritimers. Makes me sick.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.