Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My 870 express supermagnum turkey gun has a 23" bbl. Dimples removed on magtube. Paid $215 for it used, like new ( few yrs ago ).

Its been a champ.

Did slap a slug bbl on my 1100 Special purpose.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All this shotgun talk made me get my home defense shotgun out of the closet. Unloaded it, gave it a wipe down, aimed it a few times at the wall. Benelli Super Nova Tactical loaded with Federal 00 buckshot. I bought it in 2009. I used to carry a Benelli M2 14 1/2" auto as a Narcotics Entry Officer. I wanted a similar gun for HD! But didn't want to spend the $$$ for an auto Benelli. This one Has the same sights and pistol grip stock. It has a 20" barrel. Shortly after we changed to Bushmaster 12 1/2" 5.56 carbines. The 00 buck would shoot through a pit bull, through the floor of an old crackhouse into the basement. We thought that was a catastrophe in the making. The carbines with 60 grain Hornady TAP will make short work of a pit bull or Rottweiler and stay inside the body. I've seen it numerous times.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a Benelli Montefeltro Super 90 in 12 gauge with HK markings. A friend of mine has the same shotgun, he bulged the barrel about 20 inches up. I bought the barrel from him and cut it to 18 1/2”. It makes a very elegant alley sweeper.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tinman, shotguns get high marks from the wanker that should know. I think his is an earlier model though.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BC30cal

deflave;
Good afternoon to you sir, hope all is well with you all.

Thanks for the video - am watching and listening as I type.

Very uber as Clarke mighta said, no?

All the best to you. Stay well.

Dwayne

Edit:
Wouldn't it be cool if we put a shotgun onto a sword!!! laugh

Dwayne Man!

You gonna love this one!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
bwwwwaaaaaa---"don't try this at home... I'm a professional Russian"

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BC30cal

deflave;
Good afternoon to you sir, hope all is well with you all.

Thanks for the video - am watching and listening as I type.

Very uber as Clarke mighta said, no?

All the best to you. Stay well.

Dwayne

Edit:
Wouldn't it be cool if we put a shotgun onto a sword!!! laugh

Dwayne Man!

You gonna love this one!

FPS RUSSIA!!!

I love that guy with the horrible fake Russian accent!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He's funny.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Way cool of course, but cycles kinda slow, maybe it’s hard to build a semi-auto shotgun that the trigger finger can’t get ahead of.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Boom, boom, boom = EMPTY !

wink

Depending on use you aren't necessarily restricted to 3 rounds...

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Enlighten me !

Straight from Ontario regulations;

"A shotgun must be plugged so that it cannot hold more than a total of three shells in the chamber and magazine combined."

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That's a Provincial hunting regulation, not a Federal firearm regulation, specific to hunting.

In BC you can hunt with a shotgun loaded with slugs and no plug (where that is a allowable firearm, ie, you can't hunt geese with slugs and an unplugged gun, but you can use it to hunt deer in a rifle zone without a plug and slugs).

If you aren't hunting using that specific shotgun then it doesn't need to be plugged, ie if you are using it for personal defense.

Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting !

Shot guns are plugged when you purchase them in Ontario.

Not that you can't remove the plugs, but I never have.

I don't know if "personal defense" would stand here ?

I'll ask one of my CO customers.

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul:
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's a nice one in your part of the country too - political issues notwithstanding of course.

Not that I'd ever tell you what to do sir, but whenever we're discussing firearms for social purposes, I've found that it very much behooves me to discuss it in terms of problem bears.

While we do have options for use of force in defense of life in Canada, it is much, much simpler to discuss firearms as last resort bear deterrents.

As my cyber friend Kodiak notes, we can't have bird shot in the shotgun in fall and no plug - but - as a meat packing shotgun loaded with slugs - there's no provincial limit.

Hopefully that made sense and was useful sir.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Enlighten me !

Straight from Ontario regulations;

"A shotgun must be plugged so that it cannot hold more than a total of three shells in the chamber and magazine combined."

I bought a couple older Belgium Browning A5 Light 12 shotguns recently...I’m used to a hunting shotgun coming already plugged at 3 shells.

I loaded 5 into both...I had an urge to look over my shoulder, since I’ve been checked countless times in the field by Staters and F&G checking for a plug.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Dwayne, as I replied to Kodiak' above, I'll certainly bounce that of the 2 local conservation officers, who happen to be customers !

Damned if I can find anything, to support this, in Ontario legislation, which in my situation, is who would enforce it.

I understand the federal magazine level of 5 shells, but nothing to support that in Ontario.

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beaver10:
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust all is well with you and the day's as nice down there as it is up here.

Am trying to get some socially distanced auto insurance stuff done so am in from running the chainsaw for a bit. Good thing I heard the cell go off!

For us Canucks - and I'm sorry Paul, I should have been clearer about that tidbit - there can only be 5 shells or cartridges in any semi-automatic center fire arm. So that includes shotguns.

Honestly when one realizes that they keep on saying our AR's are "assault rifles" capable of mass death and destruction - but we're limited to 5 round mags..... anyways I digress.

For pump guns there's no limit on the number of shells the magazine can hold however, again if being used for purposes other than hunting migratory or upland game birds.

Hopefully that made enough sense to keep some Canuck out of trouble.

All the best to you Beaver10, stay well.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul;
You are most welcome sir.

Again I need to state that I'm not a lawyer, didn't sleep in any motel lately and haven't been a PAL examiner for a long time now. I am still a BC certified Hunter Safety examiner however and a bit of a student of all things firearm related.

As mentioned, sometimes CO's will be more open to listening to folks talking about "bear protection" and sometimes less so, it all depends. My closest former and current LEO friends are fellow "gun guys" but they'll be the first to tell you that their a rare subspecies in Canadian LEO fields.

My goal is to hopefully help folks negotiate the minefield that is Canadian firearm law, but my goodness I hope I never come across as a "know it all".

Like a lot of things in life Paul, the more I learn, the more I know that I didn't know that much at all, you know?

All the best to you all again.

Dwayne

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Interesting !

Shot guns are plugged when you purchase them in Ontario.

Not that you can't remove the plugs, but I never have.

I don't know if "personal defense" would stand here ?

I'll ask one of my CO customers.

Are you positive that they are ALL plugged when you buy them? The last 870 I bought didn't have a plug installed, nor did it have one in the box.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I snagged a VR80 yesterday in miles City.

Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 22250rem, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 06hunter59, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,338
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.