K
Rifling not bad, but very dark bore.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a couple people interested in buying, I honestly don't know what to ask.
The bad things:
Buttstock not original, and repaired.
Lever was curved originally, heated up and straightened best I could
Rear sight not original,King buckhorn
doesn't feed correctly
The Good:
Not drilled and tapped
It goes bang
Its a 25-35 SRC (missing ring)

Will post more pics on here tommorow

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd say sell it at the lowest price you are comfortable with - especially if it went to a good home with someone like a kid who really wanted to take it on. But don't do that with a hoarder or someone simply wanting to acquire another hunk of 99 metal. For them they get the "regular" price!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Yeah, I got ya. It is fun to shoot!!.Trying to thin some things out to make the "great escape" out of California.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kenster99
Yeah, I got ya. It is fun to shoot!!.Trying to thin some things out to make the "great escape" out of California.

Leaving Placerville? That's a nice little town. I used to live in Auburn but had to move down the hill to Sacramento. Born and raised out here and have no plans on leaving the home state. Instead of us leaving I would prefer to see the 11-million leave who came out here in the last 30-years or the 24-million since the year I was born. Well I have to concede that some of those are births but there are 52 states smaller than the first number and 58 smaller than the second. Some of those folks can go back home. Sorry to see you leave but best of luck in where you land.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So that explains it. I liked California when the USMC sent me there in 1972. But the longer I lived there the less I liked it. It was those other newcomers who ruined it.
The final straw was when we got enough jerks living on the Central Coast that they started a movement to put a water meter on my well which pumped my water out of my ground. BUT!!! They had decided we only owned the surface not what was under it. Leave Kenster, S99VG Lotsa luck getting rid of the undesirables. If they go back where they came from they won't be able to drop their drawers and take a dump in front of everyone on a public sidewalk. Just an opinion from a deplorable living in fly over country.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by S99VG
I'd say sell it at the lowest price you are comfortable with - especially if it went to a good home with someone like a kid who really wanted to take it on. But don't do that with a hoarder or someone simply wanting to acquire another hunk of 99 metal. For them they get the "regular" price!

I'm trying not to take this personally..., but yea, that sounds like a good plan wink

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm a kid compared to a lot of you guys, and this kid has a stock for that rifle laugh

Last edited by damnesia; 05/01/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No way damnesia, l 'm going to rotate that stock with instructions from noahh on how to turn it into a
Monoarch.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wyo1895
So that explains it. I liked California when the USMC sent me there in 1972. But the longer I lived there the less I liked it. It was those other newcomers who ruined it.
The final straw was when we got enough jerks living on the Central Coast that they started a movement to put a water meter on my well which pumped my water out of my ground. BUT!!! They had decided we only owned the surface not what was under it. Leave Kenster, S99VG Lotsa luck getting rid of the undesirables. If they go back where they came from they won't be able to drop their drawers and take a dump in front of everyone on a public sidewalk. Just an opinion from a deplorable living in fly over country.

Yep, lots of new folks out here. And if they went back home some of you other folks would start to feel a little crowded in your places. Given the population growth, I really do wonder where the people who gave us our so-called reputation came from as they certainly cannot be all home-grown. Who wants them back?

When people think of California they do not think of the Modoc Plateau, Del Norte, and the Lost Coast up north; or the Mojave Desert and San Bernardino County (which you could easily fit several eastern seaboard states within) down south; or, the Great Central Valley up the middle. What they think of are the geographical areas along the Pacific Coast I left out of my inventory in which the vast majority of the population resides.

As of several years ago, seventy-five percent of the state's population lived south of the home town of Buck Owens, aka Bakersfield. Once you hop over the Grapevine south of there you are in the thick of it and you can have LA! But for me, I'll keep to places like the Upper Sacramento, Klamath and Trinity Rivers, the towns of Dunsmuir, Burney (Falls) and McCloud and the river that shares the latter’s name. If that river and country was good enough for EC and Walton Powell to fish then they are more than good enough for me. And they still are spectacular sights to see. I like my California!

"Klaatu barada nikto"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by S99VG

I used to be a senior, but I keep getting younger every day. Just ask my wife, she keeps telling me, "Act your Age! You're not 12 anymore!". Guess that means I must be 13 now?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife overheard me tell someone I must be getting into my second childhood (we were talking about me getting the hot rod). She said, "You never got out of your first childhood!". Being what some people call an adult wouldn't be any fun.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Peter Pan Principle?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Your never to old for a second childhood. grin

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Don't grow up!! It's a trap !!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old is just a state of mind. When you get to that state of mind, you die.

wyo1895
[email protected]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wyo1895
Old is just a state of mind. When you get to that state of mind, you die.

Well put!

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (aaronward9, 10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, BigCreekRanger, 9 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,555
Posts18,510,427
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.