Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by deflave
They say that because when everything reopens they’re going to cry wolf again in an attempt to shut everything down a second time.

They’re planting the seeds now.

Write your locals. Tell them they have lost your vote.

'Flave, I respectfully disagree.

I have no idea when .gov will lift the restrictions. I really hope it is by May 1. But I do not think there will be any need to reinstate .gov restrictions.

I think people will avoid public spaces like the plague for at least a year, possibly two. Probably until they see a vaccine stuck into their arm.

That will be the new normal.

Restaurants across the nation will go bankrupt by the thousands. Food suppliers who deal in institutional packaging will learn consumer packaging. People still gotta eat.

Movie theaters will have few patrons, sports arenas will have less. Hell, even the drunks have learned to drink at home.

The Dow may once again get close to 30,000 by the end of Trump's second term. But I expect it to again drop to 18,000 before it really starts gaining.

People have learned to do without many frivolous expenditures.

And, once again, I have zero knowledge of inner city behavior where the majority of the US population resides. Perhaps those people are too stupid to understand risk and modify their behavior. Perhaps those populations necessitated the lock downs to begin with.

Other than the schools, the rural populations had little need for government restrictions. The population is doing it on their own.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
They say that because when everything reopens they’re going to cry wolf again in an attempt to shut everything down a second time.

I have no idea when .gov will lift the restrictions. I really hope it is by May 1. But I do not think there will be any need to reinstate .gov restrictions.

I think people will avoid public spaces like the plague for at least a year, possibly two. Probably until they see a vaccine stuck into their arm.

Restaurants across the nation will go bankrupt by the thousands. Food suppliers who deal in institutional packaging will learn consumer packaging. People still gotta eat.

Movie theaters will have few patrons, sports arenas will have less. Hell, even the drunks have learned to drink at home.

The Dow may once again get close to 30,000 by the end of Trump's second term. But I expect it to again drop to 18,000 before it really starts gaining.

And, once again, I have zero knowledge of inner city behavior where the majority of the US population resides. Perhaps those people are too stupid to understand risk and modify their behavior. Perhaps those populations necessitated the lock downs to begin with.

Other than the schools, the rural populations had little need for government restrictions. The population is doing it on their own.

Hope is not a plan.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I for one plan to hit a lot of restaurants when they're opened up, and soon hopefully. Couple of reasons, I'm getting tired of home cooking and its some entertainment $ that will go a long ways to helping out a devastated industry. Yep, burritos at Alissa's, donairs at the ma and pa place, Greek food down the road, pub food, Indian food, steak houses, truckers breakfast all that chit. You don't know what you got till its gone.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The new normal will be created by the people. If folks continue to live in fear they will settle for less. I think Americans are a little too self centered and independent to not return to the life style to which they have grown accustomed.

None of the panic causing predictions/models have proven accurate yet and people are starting to reassess acceptable risk. Only time will prove if the mandated restrictions resulted in the desired affect by limiting the disease progression. It will also remain difficult to say what would have happened if no changes were mandated, proving a negative is tough.

Hopefully this will results in people questioning the establishment and demanding change.

Supply chains i.e. dependence on china, MSM credibility and motivations, state and federal responsibility for health and safety and most important personal freedom and responsibility. All must be examined and restructured knowing that this or worse could happen again.

Or we can get back to easy credit, the NFL, and letting the media lead us to our decisions. Only time will tell and optimism is difficult. If people would get busy harassing the elected daily we could reshape our future and take back our lives. Use your computer to make a meaningful noise directed at the lawmakers, not your internet 'friends'.

Vote out the incumbents, except DJT.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
answered like a grown up......

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I in turn respectfully disagree with you. People have been cooped up so long that I think when they reopen you’re gonna see a run on restaurants, bars, and recreational areas like never before. I also think that there are lots of folks who are obeying the guidelines but really don’t buy into the chicken little bull s h i t, so fear will not be an issue once we go back to business as usual.

Of course what the hell do I know? I could be wrong and it wouldn’t be the first time but I doubt it.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 04/18/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just remember: we’re all in this together.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife

I'm glad you said that

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Has anything changed? The only difference I see is lots of people acting like the first month of retirement. The worries will reside after a while. Then the same people will be defending the benefits of retirement. Many will never work again.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

Damn you I phuggin hate that one too!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
New catch phrase for the week: contact tracing

You heard it here first.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I don't like a lot of what is going on.

Would you like it better if it was you getting Covid 19? Like it or not, there's a better than even chance you'll get first hand experience in the choice. Unless they get a vaccine out in less than a year it is a good bet more of us will have been infected than not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Damn you I phuggin hate that one too!

I was just kidding around two weeks ago. But seriously, I’m may go into launch mode. They’ve put it on the electronic sign boards now.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The new normal is that people will get sick and tired of their “leaders”.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
How about “stay home, save lives”.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by efw
It’s conditioning. Setting expectations for what is to come to minimize backlash.

^ correct

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Folding origami boxes!! Get ahold of yourselves people!!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Exactly. People are being trained.

^ obvious to anyone capable of independent thought, not reliant on late night TV to process their opinions.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
The new normal is that people will get sick and tired of their “leaders”.

Man oh man, does THAT need to be done - and done pronto.....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The police state is already falling apart in rural Calif. People are sick of it. Last weekend was nice weather and a large primitive recreation site near me with lake access, was packed with families enjoying the weekend. No Forest Service cops showed up, just working people having fun. About as many families as you would see on Memorial weekend or the 4th of July. Maybe air travel and cruise ships will suffer (maybe as they should) in the future but people will travel and access the outdoors. Humboldt and Del Norte county sheriffs are not enforcing Gov Newsoms beach closures. I suspect food and beverage will bounce back here rapidly. The Siskiyou county sheriff has already indicated he is enforcing criminal law with his resources...not quarantine rules.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,447
Posts18,470,977
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.