Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
The stupidity continues, here we have a meat packing facility that tested all its employees, 17% pop positive for Covid that is 373 out of 1500 employees. ALL of them are asymptomatic .Now they send them all home and quarantine, sanitize the plant perform contact tracing etc.... for an illness that ZERO out of 373 people even developed a symptom for. If this doesn't give people a first f ucking clue I'm not sure what will.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/triumph-foods-outbreak-missouri/index.html

373 employees and contract workers at Triumph Foods in Buchanan County, Missouri, have tested positive for coronavirus. All of them were asymptomatic, according to a press release from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
The state of Missouri has reported 8,386 cases and 352 deaths statewide as of Sunday night, according to the Health Department Website.
Triumph, a pork processing plant, is located in St. Joseph, on the border of Missouri and Kansas.
It is just one of dozens of meat packing plants and food processing facilities across the country that have seen outbreaks of the virus, forcing shutdowns and sparking concerns of possible food shortages.

Ongoing testing at the plant
Testing at the plant has been ongoing since last week and results have been coming in over the past few days, the release from DHSS said.
As of April 30, at least 1,500 had been tested, a previous release said.
Why I can live without eating meat in the pandemic
"We continue to work this weekend contacting these asymptomatic patients and have initiated the process of contact tracing with those determined to be close contacts of our positive cases," Dr. Randall Williams, director of DHSS, said in the release.
DHSS wants those with symptoms or those who have been in contact with a positive case to reach out to their healthcare provider for testing.
17% of employees tested positive
Mark Campbell, CEO of Triumph Foods, thanked employees for undergoing testing in a video message Sunday. "Being swabbed wasn't much fun, yet the test results will be critical to helping us understand where the coronavirus is in our facility and our communities."
'The food supply chain is breaking,' Tyson says as plants close
Lab results indicate that 17% of those tested are positive for the virus, Campbell said.

Those with positive test results have been asked to stay home and self-isolate. They will be paid under the company's Covid wage continuation policy, according to Campbell.
The company is also providing care packages, including hand sanitizer and face masks, to infected workers. In an effort to slow the spread, the company continues to deep clean, sanitize and disinfect the facility, Campbell said.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
For those who didn't know for day one that this is political, there's another clue.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The stupidity continues, here we have a meat packing facility that tested all its employees, 17% pop positive for Covid that is 373 out of 1500 employees. ALL of them are asymptomatic .Now they send them all home and quarantine, sanitize the plant perform contact tracing etc.... for an illness that ZERO out of 373 people even developed a symptom for. If this doesn't give people a first f ucking clue I'm not sure what will.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/triumph-foods-outbreak-missouri/index.html

373 employees and contract workers at Triumph Foods in Buchanan County, Missouri, have tested positive for coronavirus. All of them were asymptomatic, according to a press release from the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
The state of Missouri has reported 8,386 cases and 352 deaths statewide as of Sunday night, according to the Health Department Website.
Triumph, a pork processing plant, is located in St. Joseph, on the border of Missouri and Kansas.
It is just one of dozens of meat packing plants and food processing facilities across the country that have seen outbreaks of the virus, forcing shutdowns and sparking concerns of possible food shortages.

Ongoing testing at the plant
Testing at the plant has been ongoing since last week and results have been coming in over the past few days, the release from DHSS said.
As of April 30, at least 1,500 had been tested, a previous release said.
"We continue to work this weekend contacting these asymptomatic patients and have initiated the process of contact tracing with those determined to be close contacts of our positive cases," Dr. Randall Williams, director of DHSS, said in the release.
DHSS wants those with symptoms or those who have been in contact with a positive case to reach out to their healthcare provider for testing.
17% of employees tested positive
Mark Campbell, CEO of Triumph Foods, thanked employees for undergoing testing in a video message Sunday. "Being swabbed wasn't much fun, yet the test results will be critical to helping us understand where the coronavirus is in our facility and our communities."
Lab results indicate that 17% of those tested are positive for the virus, Campbell said.

Those with positive test results have been asked to stay home and self-isolate. They will be paid under the company's Covid wage continuation policy, according to Campbell.
The company is also providing care packages, including hand sanitizer and face masks, to infected workers. In an effort to slow the spread, the company continues to deep clean, sanitize and disinfect the facility, Campbell said.

Not all strains of C-19 are equal.

Sounds like the workers in that plant have the one we should be using to establish herd immunity.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The WuFlu panic is just another hoax of the same provenance as Russian collusion, the Ukrainian phone call, Stormy!, Emoluments!, etc. Just another GetTrumpSchemeOfTheWeek (TM) but with a lot more collateral damage. The left never letting a crisis go to waste.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But we were told more testing is the answer? like it could prevent death.....

So these meat processing plants start testing, find hundreds of positives and close the plant..... yet they are asymptomatic.....

So let see.... the people claiming more testing is the answer are the same ones that want to keep things shut down.... hmmmmm

What do our resident chicken littles have to say? hahahahhahahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I understand it, people who have COVID-19 and are asymptomatic can still spread it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Looking at the CDC figures on Covid-19 deaths ( not the "presumptive ones....the REAL ones) as of 4/25/20 I crunched the numbers and you have a .0011% chance of dying from Covid alone. As I pointed out elsewhere, you are almost as likely to be killed by a flamingo.

Last edited by ingwe; 05/04/20.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by irfubar

So these meat processing plants start testing, find hundreds of positives and close the plant..... yet they are asymptomatic.....

So let see.... the people claiming more testing is the answer are the same ones that want to keep things shut down.... hmmmmm

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Sounds like the workers in that plant have the one we should be using to establish herd immunity.

Not all strains are equal?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
As I understand it, people who have COVID-19 and are asymptomatic can still spread it.

And? Who cares, its pathetic low mortality rate is no reason to send this country into a depression.

But yet again, thanks to the worst generation ever, who is terrified of it, we going to plunge this country into something it will never recover from.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/04/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Covid deaths in the US are 38,576

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Source?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What prompted the testing at this facility?

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

No $hit how do you suppose 373 people caught it?

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by kingston
What prompted the testing at this facility?

My understanding is an attempt to start testing "front-line" workers, this facility acquired the test and everyone did it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Not all strains are equal?

Not even close.

There was an interesting study out of China. They identified 30 strains and the most virulent were 270 times more deadly than the least deadly of the 30 they identified.

Yes C-19 is real, and some strains will kill you dead quickly, but not all of them. The dominant strain here in Colorado is rather unpleasant, unlike the one in the story above which sounds relatively benign.

Until testing includes the viral load factor of the offending strain, we don't have the kind of testing necessary to make informed decisions.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to be injected with the weak strain then..... smile

#herdimmunity

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Packerland processing plant in Green Bay did the same test with similar results.... Not to mention the prison in Ohio....

Same Same.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want to be injected with the weak strain then..... smile

#herdimmunity

#roadtrip #buchanancounty #missouri

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Looking at the CDC figures on Covid-19 deaths ( not the "presumptive ones....the REAL ones) as of 4/25/20 I crunched the numbers and you have a .0011% chance of dying from Covid alone. As I pointed out elsewhere, you are almost as likely to be killed by a flamingo.

Do you have a link to those numbers?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (44mc, 338rcm, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,951
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.