Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Then there’s those folks that have a genuine concern about one that they were dearly attached to in an earlier time and would simply like to know how they are doing and that hopefully, life has been good for them.

There is that aspect.

Your brain is mush.
#dontdropacid

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA

Yeah, I've had the hankering too, but I've resisted. After 61 years, they're what not they used to be.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hookeye
Never been to any of my HS class reunions.

Put your false teeth in and go.
Grins

I’ve really enjoyed mine. Lots of good friends from back in the “glory days “ that Bruce Springsteen sang about. Good memories and good conversations. Interesting to see the many different paths that were taken and shared in those conversations.

Looking forward to the next one.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Then there’s those folks that have a genuine concern about one that they were dearly attached to in an earlier time and would simply like to know how they are doing and that hopefully, life has been good for them.

There is that aspect.

Your brain is mush.
#dontdropacid

Such a creative, original thinker.

#dumbfukkk

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have only a couple friends. Know a ton of people.
None of my friends are from H,S.

I aint needy.
Fugg that facebook friends list crap

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best bet is to find a hot 50 yr old widow, that was an orphan..........and is mute. [ADDED - And owns a chain of liquor stores. ] grin

Be prepared for lots of competition.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
"I think I've found the perfect girl- - - -
I'll ask for nothing more- - - - -
She's deaf and dumb and oversexed- - - -
And owns a liquor store!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nope! We’ve had topics like this before and my answers are always the same. I’m confident in who I am and don’t need the superficial affections of other women to boost my self-confidence. I’ve never contacted any of my ex’s, no reason to. I love my wife and I love the life we’ve built together. My wife is the one that’s been by my side through thick and thin. My wife has taken care of me when I was sick, hung over or recovering from surgery. My wife has been there by my side through the loss of friends and family and the rock I needed when I was at my weakest. She’s seen the worst of me and she still loved me. My wife gave birth to the blessings that are our children and TOGETHER we’ve raised those children into intelligent, capable, kind and successful young adults. My wife is a beautiful, sweet and extremely intelligent woman that any guy would be lucky to have. I know that I could spend the next 100 years looking for someone to equal her but I wouldn’t find it..... I have no desire to contact any of my ex-girlfriends. I have no animosity towards any of them and I realize that they all contributed, some in small ways and some in bigger ways, towards making me the man I am today.

For me and me alone, I feel that contacting or even trying to contact an ex is disrespectful to my family and the life we’ve built. I have a few great friends, a loving and healthy family, a devoted wife and a personal relationship with our Lord.....my life is complete. I didn’t build this life on my own nor do I continue to enjoy this life alone. My wife is more than my partner, she’s my best friend and confidant. She is IRREPLACEABLE so reaching out to an ex would be an irresponsible, disrespectful exercise in futility. No matter how innocuous, no matter how platonic my intentions would be should I reach out to an ex I don’t see any reason to do it......I do see a hundred reasons not to do it though.

I hope they’re all doing well and living a happy life but as far as I’m concerned they’re all in my rear view mirror and I’m charging forward with my sweetheart, happily and gratefully living the life God has blessed me with and thanking him everyday for giving me everything I could’ve dreamed of.

Best post of the night!

Myself, I ran into a gal from HS that was still drop dead gorgeous 25 years later (the first wife passed away not long before this). I really liked her then as she was, and probably still is, a very kind person. She never married but at 44, I had three kids in tow. We both could tell this wasn’t going to be a fit for us long-term. I wish her all happiness! My second wife is an absolute angel though! She’s a fair bit younger than me so we have one of our own, in addition to the first three. She treats the older kids as her own. What kind of a prick would I be to ‘reward’ her by chasing some 30 year old fantasy? Besides, my kids (excepting the youngest) have been through hell already during their short lives. I would never deliberately screw them over fantasies about a 50 year old piece of tail.

I went to my 30 yr reunion last year. It was good to see a few of the girls I dated then. No regrets about my life choices. I’ve done rather well, all things considered.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 05/05/20.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never been to any of my HS class reunions.

Went to the 20th

Couple of the cutie pie cheerleaders were 300 lbs, tons o’ fun. lol

All here local

They did the 30, I didn’t bother even driving 13 miles to go to it. About 20 people showed up per Facebook pics.

Some people in their late 40s looked 60 years old.

Class of 170 people.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Went to a few at about 15-20 year range. I aged much better than many but fear I am now declining down to catch up....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My ex was on her HS reunion committee.
I went to her 15 and 20 yr reunions.
Boring bunch of azzholes.
Most looked like crap.
The ex was too busy running the show to have any fun....but being 2nd hottest gal proly was good enough.

Knew some of the people from work. Didnt like em.
Drunk at reunion.....they were even more azzhole.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The gang from my class reunion, seen pics.....they aint aged well. I have.

I suppose i could go back and deke all the cheerleaders that look like Frigidaires.

Even if some had held up.........why?

Id rather go fishin

Last edited by hookeye; 05/06/20.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've reached out to some when the opportunity arose.. especially some from college..

but it was not face to face.. it was cordial and just kinda caught up to where we are now and what our lives had turned out to be..

kinda made it clear right off the bat that I was fishing for anything more than that...

I still care for people I've known and who have been a part of my life at one time or another...

my biggest intention is to let them know I wish them well, and thanks for being someone, that I remember fondly their times in my life...

nothing more, nothing less...same for women as it is for guys who were friends long ago...

"those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end..."

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had one old GF reach out on FB and tell me off about my "deer shot" pics as she was a hard core tree hugger. I hadn't even thought about her for 25 yrs.

There was no kind reply other than "pound sand".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I had one old GF reach out on FB and tell me off about my "deer shot" pics as she was a hard core tree hugger. I hadn't even thought about her for 25 yrs.

Yeah, my spinster cat lady libtard old girlfriend threatened me with unfriending if I didn't vote for Hillary.

When I told her I was not going to, she threatened suicide. (Yeah, like that's going to work!)

I finally told everyone that if they didn't vote for Trump, I was going to go kill an extra doe during rifle season. My libtard friends told me to pound sand.

I showed them:
[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

All my libtard friends quietly unfriended me after that. Best thing I did since I joined Facebook.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only reunion I ever went to was a Peace Corps one, twenty years along, South Carolina. Felt like an obligation. Actually we didn’t have much to say, or more like it was me that didn’t have much to say, and the three people I would’ve really wanted to see’t make it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shaman

Yeah, my spinster cat lady libtard old girlfriend threatened me with unfriending if I didn't vote for Hillary.

When I told her I was not going to, she threatened suicide. (Yeah, like that's going to work!)

I finally told everyone that if they didn't vote for Trump, I was going to go kill an extra doe during rifle season. My libtard friends told me to pound sand.

I showed them:

All my libtard friends quietly unfriended me after that. Best thing I did since I joined Facebook.

🙂 prob’ly lots of us have similar FB problems.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman

I showed them:

LOL ......... That's awesome! smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
But stop making yet another thread about me.

Let’s get back to guys making incredibly bad decisions.....

You're gonna spew your bullschit regardless.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

🙂 prob’ly lots of us have similar FB problems.

You're welcome to steal my pic, or steal the whole schtick for that matter.

I stole the idea from a group of hippies that I ended up knowing. They had made local and national news by threatening to eat a dog if Nixon didn't stop the Vietnam War. It got all kind of press, and they even had a little white puppy they were showing off for the cameras. They finally invited everyone to the cookout and with great fanfare and proceeded to cook a hotdog over a campfire. Years later, I ended up a friend of one of the guys with a weenie on a fork.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, Alan_C, Alex38, 16 invisible), 2,008 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,891
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.