Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't suggest one retailer over another but I do tell guys looking for an optic to pick up the phone and call to order. If you don't ask you don't get and I have had a bunch of guys message me that Doug has helped them out. So pick up the phone and make the call.....

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bman940
I don't suggest one retailer over another but I do tell guys looking for an optic to pick up the phone and call to order. If you don't ask you don't get and I have had a bunch of guys message me that Doug has helped them out. So pick up the phone and make the call.....

Always a pleasure to chat with the members here

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jrypka
So I’ve got a vx3 2.5-8x36, a 3-9x40 Conquest (pre-Hd and pre-terra model. I’m told it’s made by meopta) and a 4.5-14x44 cabelas instinct all mounted right now. I shot a deer with the cabelas last fall.

Of the 3, I would rank them Conquest, VX3, Cabelas Instinct. My main complaint on the Cabela’s Meopta is the eye relief and the thick dark ring around the FOV. It’s bad enough I’m considering selling. The glass is very good and bright. Brighter than the VX3 for sure. I love the VX3 for the lightweight and very good eye relief with no tunnel vision at all. I like the Conquest the best as I think it is the brightest, clearest, and also has great eye relief.

I apologize if this isn’t apples to apples, but my understanding was the Cabela’s and the Conquest are both basically the same as the Meopta.

I'm not sure what you mean by "thick dark ring around the FOV" as the only time I've experienced a dark ring around the scope, it had nothing to do with the scope and was due to incorrect eye placement. I get the impression you're saying there's something else going on. I own the exact same scope, and 3 other Meopro/Intinct, and they are all flawless. I was able to do a side-by-each of the Meopro and Cabela's scope, and they are identical. Whether these are the same as the older Conquest is debatable, but that is a different discussion. The Instict 3x9 was identical to a eurooptics version of the 3x9 Conquest I had a few years ago.

If the OP is interested in how they optically compare to the VX3, as mentioned earlier the Meopro is superior to the VX3 optically. The VX3 will be a touch lighter, and depending on the model will have a more forgiving eye box. I prefer the ergonomics of the Meopro.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a 6x42 Artemis (bought another for Dad) and a Leupold M8. All had great #4 reticles. Optically the M8 and Artemis were identical to me. In brightness, if really stressed, the Meopta may have had a slight edge. I later bought a vx3 3-10x40 and compared it to the M8 in fading day and found better contrast but absolutely shocked to find it brighter than the M8. Thought I would chime in with these comp's as others have used same.

The one area I find the Meopta's really superior are in the adjustments. Firm, repeatable clicks and excellent tracking. The Leupold works but it isn't the confidence inspiring mechanism the Meopta's have. Heavier than the Leupold but I find that nit is often overblown. In short- buy a Meopta and love it. I would again but have found some Burris deals that have gotten 'me' Vx3 level for a whole lot less. (Yes, Meopta's have better adjustments than the Burris too)

I expect to be flamed but am telling you what I have seen with my own eyes and tests. Won't be many here who used an Artemis longer than I did. I have read on this forums where some(one) found the Artemis to be a cut above the Meopro? Hard to believe but.....throwing it all out there for your consumption TZone.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Where are the Meoptas sent for warranty/repair work??

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Always call Doug before buying new from someone else, they are great to deal with. I called before and told him about a sale and he beat the sale price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jpretle
Where are the Meoptas sent for warranty/repair work??

Florida

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Just got an email about all MeoPro scopes being 25% off at Sport Optics. Must be phasing them out? Tempted to snag one.

You'll notice that their great sale is still priced higher than we've been offering the Meopros for the last 6 months

Yep. Their original prices are inflated a bunch . Doug’s been offering the Meopro 6x with no. 4 for $ 399 shipped. (Ripped outer box)

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 02/11/20.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Just got an email about all MeoPro scopes being 25% off at Sport Optics. Must be phasing them out? Tempted to snag one.

You'll notice that their great sale is still priced higher than we've been offering the Meopros for the last 6 months

They have the 3-9x40 with the #4 for $374. Do you guys have that or a leftover 42mm for a comparable price

We sold out of all those, however, let me look into what we can grab some for

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Well...it was your website that led me to the question to start with. grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Listed price is just asking price...... they'll for sure make a deal just like camerland.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Definitely not being phased out. In fact, Meopta is stronger than ever with last year's Optika6 launch, and this year Optika5 coming out in the next 60 days. The Optika5 will have the same great glass as the Optika6 but in a 1-inch tube and is geared more towards hunters. Prices should come in between $349-$549.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
bman940, what are you hearing on arrival of the Meopro Air binocs?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
. . . Meopta USA Sport Optics is pleased to introduce the 1-inch, Optika5 series of premium riflescopes. . . . Available in . . . 4-20x44, 4-20x50 . . . Retail Pricing: From $349.99 - $549.99

I am a big fan of Meopta. I've got Meopta binos and scopes, and am very pleased with the optical quality, and overall fit, finish, and function of the products.

4x-20x is just about the ideal power range for a hunting scope (where I use the high end for load development). And, I like the trimmer 1" tube over a 30mm tube on a hunting rifle. That price range is very attractive, too.

I'll be giving the new Optika5 scopes a very close look when they hit the street.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you, Shin, your support is much appreciated. The Optika6 3-18x50 has been a great selling optic. The Optika5 should do well for just the reasons you stated. My .308 Win and .300 Win will wear one next hunting season.

Optika5 Riflescopes:

1-inch, Optika5 series of premium riflescopes. This newest Meopta riflescope line features a 5x zoom, zero-reset turrets, and advanced MeoBright lens coatings that deliver edge-to-edge clarity and exceptionally bright, sharp images.

Available in 2-10x42 RF (rimfire), 2-10x42, 3-15x44, 4-20x44, 4-20x50, and 4-20x50 RD models, the Optika5 riflescopes are available with reticles in the second focal plane. All come with capped hunting turrets made of rubber-armored metal for the perfect combination of durability and functionality. The rear-facing magnification display allows for easy viewing of the power setting from behind the scope, and the zoom ring comes with a multi-position throw lever for quick adjustment of the power setting in the field. Windage and elevation adjustments are ¼ MOA.

“We wanted to offer a more advanced line of 1-inch riflescopes and have achieved this with our new Optika5 series,” said Pavel Stastny, Senior Director of Sales and Marketing at Meopta. “In addition to exceptional low-light performance, these scopes offer popular features like the rear-facing zoom display and multi-position throw lever on the magnification ring. Now hunters have a choice between our award-winning 30mm Optika6 series and our new 1-inch Optika5 series of riflescopes with many different models available in each line.”

All Meopta Optika5 riflescopes are made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and feature:

- One-piece tube design

- The zero-Reset setting for a quick return to zero

- Zoom ring with a multi-position throw lever

- Rear-facing zoom display for easy viewing of power setting from behind the scope

- MeoBright anti-reflective lens coatings

- MeoShield anti-abrasion lens coatings

- MeoDrop hydrophobic lens coatings that repel rain, dust, and grease

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In this article, https://optics-info.com/new-at-iwa-2020-meopta-meopro-optika-5-riflescopes/ it says that the Optica 5 series will replace the Meopro series. I do not know if that will be a good thing or not. I may be tempted to try a 2x10x42 as long as they are not heavier than the Meopros. They should not be. This article says the scope tubes are made of magnesium, which 34 percent lighter than aluminum. If I remember correctly, the price is to run from $349 to $549. I'm anxious to get more details/specs on these scopes. RJ

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
bman940, what are you hearing on arrival of the Meopro Air binocs?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The last I heard on the MeoPro Air bino's was August. I was just informed that they are in the final testing stage. These should be a hit with the great ergonomics and MeoStar glass.

Last edited by bman940; 05/07/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rj308
In this article, https://optics-info.com/new-at-iwa-2020-meopta-meopro-optika-5-riflescopes/ it says that the Optica 5 series will replace the Meopro series. I do not know if that will be a good thing or not. I may be tempted to try a 2x10x42 as long as they are not heavier than the Meopros. They should not be. This article says the scope tubes are made of magnesium, which 34 percent lighter than aluminum. If I remember correctly, the price is to run from $349 to $549. I'm anxious to get more details/specs on these scopes. RJ

My understanding is that the Optika5 is an entry level product priced from $349.99 - $549.99.

Now, I am not a rocket scientist by any stretch of the imagination, however, I have been doing this job for decades.

IMO, a 5x scope priced $349.99 - $549.99 will not be superior to a 3x scope priced $$499.99 - $949.99.

Meopta may phase out the Meopro at some point, however (again IMO) the Optika5 and Optika6 are not superior scopes to the Meopro.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have a meopro 3-9x50 on one rifle and a vx-3i 4.5-14x50 on another and looking thru the meopro the view is noticeably more bright and sharp in my opinion

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,676
Posts18,474,855
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.