Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 108 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 107 108
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paddler
Yep. Except I would say, "Stupid racist white guys." Life in prison without parole. I'm against the death penalty, otherwise this would qualify.
I am sort of against the death penalty for a variety of reasons such as it almost never being carried out, it not being a public hanging for deterrent effect, and mostly because an innocent person may be killed. Not to mention all the money expended for a punishment that never comes at least not in this state.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Hastings

As to all this fussing about blacks killing folks in Chicago and their depredations elsewhere, what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China.

It's got to do with the difference between how the media covers blacks killing whites as opposed to whites killing blacks.

You hear about it on a national level for days every time whites kill blacks. (a very rare occurrence)

You never hear about it on a national level when blacks kill whites. (a far from rare occurrence)

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This thread is an easily discerned dividing line.

The folks that couldn't help punching on the keyboard "racist" in their first few posts, and those that didn't...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Having a limited view of what happened even after watching the video I believe it will be shown at trial that there was no intent to kill when the jogger was accosted. The non shooter looks to be pretty well in the clear for anything serious if there is a good attorney representing him. I am sure the white boy doing the shooting did it out of fear after his stupid behavior got him into way more than he bargained for. His first shot may have been accidental and the thought of having your only firearm taken away by a stronger opponent would be a huge motivation to hold on to it whatever it took. Especially if you knew it was loaded with buckshot. There is big time civil liability and depending on state law it will probably fit some sort of criminal homicide statute. You can bet the father and son neighborhood watch enforcers are really sorry they got mixed up in this by now.

As to all this fussing about blacks killing folks in Chicago and their depredations elsewhere, what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China. How about we stipulate that blacks do commit a disproportionate share of crime in most cities and let it go. They are here to stay and you might as well accept it.

Hastings, none of that matters.

They were charged with Felony Murder. All the prosecutor has to show is they were committing a felony when the kid died, and both probably get life in prison.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

As to all this fussing about blacks killing folks in Chicago and their depredations elsewhere, what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China.

It's got to do with the difference between how the media covers blacks killing whites as opposed to whites killing blacks.

You hear about it on a national level for days every time whites kill blacks. (a very rare occurrence)

You never hear about it on a national level when blacks kill whites. (a far from rare occurrence)

I think Mark Twain commented on this with some remark about it not being news when a dog bites a man but is big news when a man bites a dog. You are right that black on black homicides are very common and black on white crimes fairly common while whites attacking blacks is uncommon. Thus news worthy. But I would agree that more sympathy for blacks attacked by whites is unwarranted. All crime victims should receive society's sympathy and support. Blacks are not leaving and going back to Africa and as a matter of fact most of them carry more Caucasian genetics than you imagine. Might as well get used to them and make the best of it. We've got plenty of white trash to deal with and American Native trash also

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I think Mark Twain commented on this with some remark about it not being news when a dog bites a man but is big news when a man bites a dog.

No,...

A narrative is being pushed by the media that maniacal Caucasians are running loose through the country murdering poor, helpless black people.

It's not incidental.

It's a deliberate agenda and it's a lie.

The truth is exactly the opposite.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Well since it happened on 2/23 and we are just talking about it now.... again doofus, the story isnt white guys kill black guy... the story is white guys with connections to DA kill black guy, DA gives southern justice and sweeps it under the rug..

Like I said before, your kissin cousins fugged you and a lot of gun owners.... they helped script the anti gun narrative... when really it should be anti fat sloppy southern retard racist redneck narrative.

Fyi - Im picturing you as Ethan in American History X.. physically and mentally, Im certain that character was based on you.

Attached Images
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

the story isnt white guys kill black guy.

Yes it is.

You just can't reason it out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Having a limited view of what happened even after watching the video I believe it will be shown at trial that there was no intent to kill when the jogger was accosted. The non shooter looks to be pretty well in the clear for anything serious if there is a good attorney representing him. I am sure the white boy doing the shooting did it out of fear after his stupid behavior got him into way more than he bargained for. His first shot may have been accidental and the thought of having your only firearm taken away by a stronger opponent would be a huge motivation to hold on to it whatever it took. Especially if you knew it was loaded with buckshot. There is big time civil liability and depending on state law it will probably fit some sort of criminal homicide statute. You can bet the father and son neighborhood watch enforcers are really sorry they got mixed up in this by now.

As to all this fussing about blacks killing folks in Chicago and their depredations elsewhere, what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China. How about we stipulate that blacks do commit a disproportionate share of crime in most cities and let it go. They are here to stay and you might as well accept it.

Hastings, none of that matters.

They were charged with Felony Murder. All the prosecutor has to show is they were committing a felony when the kid died, and both probably get life in prison.

You may be right ,Georgia state law prevails in this case and I do good to keep up with Louisiana law. There is always the chance of getting some hardheads on a jury that see things their own way.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Yep. Except I would say, "Stupid racist white guys." Life in prison without parole. I'm against the death penalty, otherwise this would qualify.
I am sort of against the death penalty for a variety of reasons such as it almost never being carried out, it not being a public hanging for deterrent effect, and mostly because an innocent person may be killed. Not to mention all the money expended for a punishment that never comes at least not in this state.

Lots of reasons to oppose the death penalty, no good reason to support it. I've come to the view that murder is just wrong, no matter if committed by an individual or the state.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Well since it happened on 2/23 and we are just talking about it now.... again doofus, the story isnt white guys kill black guy... the story is white guys with connections to DA kill black guy, DA gives southern justice and sweeps it under the rug..

Like I said before, your kissin cousins fugged you and a lot of gun owners.... they helped script the anti gun narrative... when really it should be anti fat sloppy southern retard racist redneck narrative.

Fyi - Im picturing you as Ethan in American History X.. physically and mentally, I'm certain that character was based on you.

Yep.

Last edited by Paddler; 05/08/20.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you need any more evidence, here's Paddler just in time to push the narrative.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You may be right ,Georgia state law prevails in this case and I do good to keep up with Louisiana law. There is always the chance of getting some hardheads on a jury that see things their own way.

They will both be convicted and get life.

The sentencing will be broadcast for two days on national media outlets with detailed accounts of the original event.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of reasons to oppose the death penalty, no good reason to support it. I've come to the view that murder is just wrong, no matter if committed by an individual or the state.
Wrong. There are lots of good reasons someone should suffer the ignominy of a public graphic yet fairly humane execution like hanging or being shot. There should be absolutely no doubt of guilt and a fast track to the U.S, Supreme Court. Cruel killings of helpless people comes to mind as a worthy case. It's just the way things are handled now and the gentle anesthesia method after a several decade wait that seems so ridiculous. Think of the deterrent effect of watching on TV a child rapist/murderer dropped with a rope on his neck or tied to a post and shot. My opposition is not to the killing itself as it is to the long wait and the unjust convictions.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It’s interesting to see how, where you come from, colors how we interpret the video. Typical white guys (me included) tend to think, despite these idiots with weapons confronting the guy,...”if the black guy just stopped and talked to them and waited for the cops, all would have been fine”. People of color (fair minded I will say) tend to see rednecks wanting to shoot a black man for “jogging” in the neighborhood, leaving him forced to fight for his life. It’s just fascinating how we all interpret what we see through a prism of our own personal world view. There is much we don’t know about this situation, that will be gathered in the investigation. It will add context, nuance and detail and be brought out in a court of law. I hope truth and justice prevail without regard for social consequence, one way or the other.
It also is a real life example of the terrible responsibility that it is to carry a weapon in any kind of confrontation. it’s one thing that makes me hesitant in carrying a concealed weapon. I am not sure, in a highly charged emotional event, that I would not be tempted to use a weapon unwisely and end up putting myself in great legal jeopardy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the dead dudes prints come up as a match for the homes burgled, it may bolster the white dumb-dumbs chances at a self-defense claim. On the other hand, if the black dude is clean, hillbillies are probably gonna burn.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA

There was a link to a three page document posted here but the link isn't working now.
It had the local County Attorneys header on the pages where he stated why there had been no arrest. It wasn't defensive, it was his original determination.
He found it to be self defense, and he had a explanation as to why.
I'm sure it will come back out and possibly even hold in court..

did it more or less go something like this?..... >>

[quote....
The prosecutor assigned to Mr. Arbery’s shooting concluded
that the McMichaels were legally carrying their guns under Georgia’s
open carry law and were within their rights to chase Mr. Arbery under
the citizen’s arrest statute. Relying on Gregory McMichael’s statement
and a cellphone video, he wrote in a letter to the Glynn County
Police Department that Mr. Arbery initiated the struggle by trying
to take the shotgun from Travis McMichael.

And he suggested the two armed men were right to be
suspicious and afraid of Mr. Arbery because he had an “aggressive nature”
and prior convictions—[which the Times reports were for shoplifting
and a probation violation] . He concluded that Travis McMichael
was “allowed to use deadly force to protect himself” under Georgia’s
“stand your ground” law and should not be arrested or charged
for killing Mr. Arbery.—
... end quote]

Well, The claim that they were within their rights to persue
Arbery under the citizens arrest statute has since been
brought into serious question., 911 call records show
they were unable to tell LE what crime they had witnessed
him commit.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
If the dead dudes prints come up as a match for the homes burgled, it may bolster the white dumb-dumbs chances at a self-defense claim. On the other hand, if the black dude is clean, hillbillies are probably gonna burn.

😎

Do we know there ARE any prints?

The usual complaint is “I called the Sheriff and all they did is take a report.” No slam on the Law, I would guess securing a crime scene, collecting evidence, documenting everything etc takes considerable man hours they don’t have.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

There was a link to a three page document posted here but the link isn't working now.
It had the local County Attorneys header on the pages where he stated why there had been no arrest. It wasn't defensive, it was his original determination.
He found it to be self defense, and he had a explanation as to why.
I'm sure it will come back out and possibly even hold in court..

did it more or less go something like this?..... >>

[quote....
The prosecutor assigned to Mr. Arbery’s shooting concluded
that the McMichaels were legally carrying their guns under Georgia’s
open carry law and were within their rights to chase Mr. Arbery under
the citizen’s arrest statute. Relying on Gregory McMichael’s statement
and a cellphone video, he wrote in a letter to the Glynn County
Police Department that Mr. Arbery initiated the struggle by trying
to take the shotgun from Travis McMichael.

And he suggested the two armed men were right to be
suspicious and afraid of Mr. Arbery because he had an “aggressive nature”
and prior convictions—[which the Times reports were for shoplifting
and a probation violation] . He concluded that Travis McMichael
was “allowed to use deadly force to protect himself” under Georgia’s
“stand your ground” law and should not be arrested or charged
for killing Mr. Arbery.—
... end quote]

Well, The claim that they were within their rights to persue
Arbery under the citizens arrest statute has since been
brought into serious question., 911 call records show
they were unable to tell LE what crime they had witnessed
him commit.

Yeah, that summarizes it.
I'd guess that he will stick with that since it's already documented as their stance.

This part is so naive for a prosecutor to even suggest....
prosecutor assigned to Mr. Arbery’s shooting..............suggested the two armed men were right to be suspicious and afraid of Mr. Arbery because he had an “aggressive nature” and prior convictions

The McMichaels would have had no idea how aggressive Arbery might be prior to this confrontation and they sure as hell didn't know anything of possible prior convictions, the prosecutor is a douche.

But there is more to come...probably a ton more..

One thing is there is another 911 call going down while all this other schit was happening.
A neighbor saw a guy trespassing at this home that was under construction and was on the phone with 911 telling them there was a black dude with a white shirt on running from the site.

They musta really been payin attention to know a random black dude at a construction site in the middle of the afternoon wasn't suppose to be there..

Of course the other 911 call was the senior McMichaels, he had called when he got out of the truck and moved behind it, he was speaking with 911 operators as his son shot Arbery.

There is just so much BS out there right now it's barely worth mention. I'm thinking the County Attorneys statement and the 911 calls are documented so they are gonna stick around as this case progresses.

So anyway, the other neighbor on the phone with 911 was a documented witness to the supposed crime in progress, if that will cover the McMichaels reaction to a crime requirement idunno.....

Earlier on, after the crime started stepping up in their neighborhood, Travis McMichael had taken a hit for a handgun he'd left in a pickup at his house. So he had a personal ax to grind as well as a reason to think that if he was on the right guy he may very well have a handgun on him... He had reported that crime as a 9mm pistol being stolen on January 1st.

The supposed theft from the home under construction had never been reported to law enforcement.
Larry English, the man building the home in the McMichaels’ neighborhood, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year.

Surveillance video of Ahmaud Arbery at this house would be damming but not necessarily everything the McMichaels need right now.

In the long run, I doubt the McMichaels will suffer much from the state as far as legal penalties are concerned. As high profile as this case is going to be they very well may get a law firm looking for fame and fortune to support them for free.

But no matter, their lives shall never be the same.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A neighbor saw a guy trespassing at this home that was under construction and was on the phone with 911 telling them there was a black dude with a white shirt on running from the site.

They musta really been payin attention to know a random black dude at a construction site in the middle of the afternoon wasn't suppose to be there..

Not really exceptional, people who are home all day, ‘specially those who grew up in the pre-WiFi age, get bored and sit outside a lot.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 21 of 108 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1badf350, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,294
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.