Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by hillestadj
You're such a dumb son of a bitch you're beyond hope. Both of my grandfathers and two of my uncles were dairy farmers. We had a total of about 1600 acres in the family. None of it was ever posted and anybody was welcome to hunt, despite the fact that both my grandfathers told me I could post it if I wished. They both said they really thought that would be rather selfish of me because so many enjoyed hunting it. I only have a few acres myself but have given permission to fish and hunt to everybody who asked. You would be an exception.

So both your grandfathers were land owners. Your uncles were land owners. You were not a land owner. It was great for you to have all that access - as a non landowner. But you didn't post the land you didn't own, so everyone else is a fugger. Got it.

I'm extremely bummed there is no chance for me to hunt your acreage now. Sounds like the opportunity of a life time gone forever. I'll have to make do in WI.
The point is, my grandfathers taught me not to be stingy with what I have and that sharing with those less fortunate was just being a good citizen and neighborly. Obviously you had a poor upbringing.

Offering access to those you view as less fortunate is fine if thats what you want to do. Hitting up strangers for access is akin to begging. My poor upbringing taught me better than that.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You're such a dumb son of a bitch you're beyond hope. Both of my grandfathers and two of my uncles were dairy farmers. We had a total of about 1600 acres in the family. None of it was ever posted and anybody was welcome to hunt, despite the fact that both my grandfathers told me I could post it if I wished. They both said they really thought that would be rather selfish of me because so many enjoyed hunting it. I only have a few acres myself but have given permission to fish and hunt to everybody who asked. You would be an exception.

So both your grandfathers were land owners. Your uncles were land owners. You were not a land owner. It was great for you to have all that access - as a non landowner. But you didn't post the land you didn't own, so everyone else is a fugger. Got it.

I'm extremely bummed there is no chance for me to hunt your acreage now. Sounds like the opportunity of a life time gone forever. I'll have to make do in WI.
The point is, my grandfathers taught me not to be stingy with what I have and that sharing with those less fortunate was just being a good citizen and neighborly. Obviously you had a poor upbringing.

Offering access to those you view as less fortunate is fine if thats what you want to do. Hitting up strangers for access is akin to begging. My poor upbringing taught me better than that.
It's certainly not akin to begging. Everybody is perfectly free to say no. Some do say no. some don't. I certainly don't feel at all guilty or shamed in any way when someone grants permission. Particularly so when I've done the same myself many times. I have asked permission to fish and hunt on many properties over the years and am thankful for the many opportunities I've had as a result. I now have permission on several properties in 6 Counties. Combined with all the state land in the area I have enough to never get bored.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Poaching is underrated.

So is electricity. Just saying. Two can be related.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, you senile f*ck. I never owned a bike, and I've never worn a "doo-rag."

Much less posted a picture of such.
Must have been somebody else. Makes no difference, you're such and arrogant, condescending prick nobody'd give you permission anyways. You could never stop or hide your condescending air of superiority and you know it, however unjustified it may be.

LOL blackie, the places I like to fish don't require "permission."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
LOL, you senile f*ck. I never owned a bike, and I've never worn a "doo-rag."

Much less posted a picture of such.
Must have been somebody else. Makes no difference, you're such and arrogant, condescending prick nobody'd give you permission anyways. You could never stop or hide your condescending air of superiority and you know it, however unjustified it may be.

LOL blackie, the places I like to fish don't require "permission."
Not all of mine do either you condescending ass hole. I live where some of the best, most well known trout streams in the East are within a few minutes drive. There are times when a relaxing day on a private pond are just what the doctor ordered. I have a 7 lb. bass on the wall here that came from one and have eaten many fine meals of crappie, perch and catfish from several others over the years.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wow. I wish I'd ever caught any bass crappie or perch. Catfish are definitely out of my league though, that'd be too much to ask.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Wow. I wish I'd ever caught any bass crappie or perch. Catfish are definitely out of my league though, that'd be too much to ask.
Oh, I'm sure you can out fish me too. You're such an expert at everything. We do manage to catch some fish from rivers and lakes too but I'm sure nowhere near as many or as big as you, you amazing stud you.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Catfish are the best. Hardly any bones and mild tasting.

I think they're fun to catch, also. It's like hooking a tractor. They don't flip the fishing rod around like a bass. They just pull.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh, I'm sure you can out fish me too. You're such an expert at everything. We do manage to catch some fish from rivers and lakes too but I'm sure nowhere near as many or as big as you, you amazing stud you.

LOL, blackie, you're projecting. Do you see me on here talking about how many fish I catch or how many deer I shoot?

No, that would be you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

LOL, blackie, you're projecting. Do you see me on here talking about how many fish I catch or how many deer I shoot?

No, that would be you.
You like to insinuate a lot of shyt so I just project it back. You're a useless old f,uck and everybody knows it, including you. It is a fact that I've shot a lot of deer and caught a lot of fish. You probably could too if you weren't such a useless old f.uck.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

No, that would be you.

I'm to buzzed up to know if you are serious or not, but you are in colorado... Trout and yellow perch ought to be your calling card. if you need a hand, i'm only a phone call away.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
How did a pond thread turn into a pissing match? Does anybody have more pond pics? Whatever happened to RRROAE's pond, did it ever get finished?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Does anybody have more pond pics?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-putting-in-a-swimming-pool#Post14842045

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No, that would be you.
You like to insinuate a lot of shyt so I just project it back. You're a useless old f,uck and everybody knows it, including you. It is a fact that I've shot a lot of deer and caught a lot of fish. You probably could too if you weren't such a useless old f.uck.

Blackie, I never said I didn't catch fish or shoot deer. Just that you don't see me on here talking about how great a hunter and fisherman I am all the time.

I don't have the constant need to do that, like you apparently do. I have nothing I need to prove to you. And no, I'm not "insunuating" anything, just replying to your constant litany of what you believe to be insults. This little pissing contest started when you said I was such an arsehole that no would would give me permission to fish their bluegill pond.

I replied that I don't need permission to fish the places I want to fish, which is a fact that seems to he lost on you. So I'll repeat it: not everyone needs "permission" to hunt and fish.

And as far as being a "useless old f*ck" who can't hunt or fish, you'll need to excuse me, I have to go strap on my pack and do a little training hike for my annual Rocky Mountain backpack elk hunt.

The older and more useless I get, the harder it is to stay in shape for those.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JeffA

Are manatee good to eat?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hitting up strangers for access is akin to begging. My poor upbringing taught me better than that.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read on the fire.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
His pond, his rules. That's how it should be.
Folks down south just seem like ass holes about their precious property. They act like they figure you're going to steal their ground one bucket full of dirt at a time or something. I've asked to fish in lots of private ponds around here and don't recall ever being turned down. I'm not talking friends or neighbors either but perfect strangers. See a pond I'd like to fish. Knock on the door and ask politely. Folks say sure, go ahead.

I’m in the South. I let neighbors fish my pond.

A couple of 8# bass have been pulled out of there, and put back in. I don’t fish, but enjoy their successes.

DF

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bristoe,

I know you're new to the farm life, but telling strangers that landowner X won't give permission to anyone, is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

Very nice! Would be even nicer if were full of fish though smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It is.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,531
Posts18,530,926
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.