Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Stopped by my local Sam's Club pharmacy this afternoon to pick up a couple of prescriptions. They had a supply of face masks available at the register and I picked up a box. When I got back to my truck I examined the box...Made In China. What's wrong with this picture?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’d suggest it’s be a major challenge to find much NOT made in China at Sam’s Club.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Most of our medical stuff, including the drugs, are made in China. Hopefully that will change now but it will take time.

If we stopped all China imports right now, this country would come crashing down. People have no idea how many crucial items aren't made in the US at all any more.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The transition will come but will take time.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't breath through them and disinfect your hands after touching them...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I buy nothing Made in China

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Don’t forget the millions of tons of agricultural products we sell to China.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Really? Please elaborate.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want to know exactly what Reloder28 does buy. Because if he typed that post on a computer or a phone, he's mistaken - or lying.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Really? Please elaborate.

He's typing on an old Singer.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Stopped by my local Sam's Club pharmacy this afternoon to pick up a couple of prescriptions. They had a supply of face masks available at the register and I picked up a box. When I got back to my truck I examined the box...Made In China. What's wrong with this picture?

Walmart is the capitol of cheap Chinese crap.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I want to know exactly what Reloder28 does buy. Because if he typed that post on a computer or a phone, he's mistaken - or lying.

First thing I thought too lol... i started laughing instantly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I laughed and thought of my dad and many of the recently retired guys I worked with. They are clueless when it cones to buying things in a grocery store or Walmart etc because the wife always took care of all that. They rarely buy anything unless it's at a hardware store. And then most likely they are buying at least some things from China.

The fact he is on an internet forum shows some promise though. One of the guys still at work is 72 he still has a flip phone and with help just made his first online purchase a few months ago. He doesn't text and is your classic old curmudgeon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so just fatback, molasses and salt peter?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by RockyRaab

There's just no reasonable alternative.. right now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
I’d suggest it’s be a major challenge to find much NOT made in China at Sam’s Club.

Including most non-food items at Walmart, clothes at Costco, and Cabela’s now that Bass Pro Shops has introduced their cheap Redhead line there.

And the clothes, anyway, are almost universally of poor quality, wash up badly and are often ill-proportioned.

I check labels now as much as possible and a “Fabrique en China” label, and as far as I can determine, is a no-go for me.

The bigger travesty is the medicine issue.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Partagas
One of the guys still at work is 72 he still has a flip phone and with help just made his first online purchase a few months ago. He doesn't text and is your classic old curmudgeon.

One of the Jitterbug old folks' phones, that doesn't have anything but a big ON button and a keypad? LOL my wife threatens to get me one of those every time I cuss out my phone. She says I could carry it in my pocket with my Fallen and Can't Get Up clicker...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Partagas
I laughed and thought of my dad and many of the recently retired guys I worked with. They are clueless when it cones to buying things in a grocery store or Walmart etc because the wife always took care of all that. They rarely buy anything unless it's at a hardware store. And then most likely they are buying at least some things from China.

The fact he is on an internet forum shows some promise though. One of the guys still at work is 72 he still has a flip phone and with help just made his first online purchase a few months ago. He doesn't text and is your classic old curmudgeon.

Wow! 72 and still working! I’ll be 72 next month and still work full time. Surprisingly enough, I even use computers and I’m doing this on an iPhone. Probably knock your socks off to see me programming a CNC machine or coordinate measuring machine, not to mention an optical scanner or 3D printer. Are you ready for this: I even have sex on a regular basis (although seldom more than once a day anymore) I do get a kick out of some of you young wippersnappers.

Mathew 22: 37-39

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have an older neighbor, sweet lady, who says all she needs is a "pocket phone with just two keys (each key just a bit smaller than a floor tile) with CHILD on one key and AMBULANCE on the other". Doesn't care for the "fancy smancy" phone her daughter gave her.

Last edited by huntstat; 05/09/20.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by huntstat
I have an older neighbor, sweet lady, who says all she needs is a "pocket phone with just two keys (each key just a bit smaller than a floor tile) with CHILD on one key and AMBULANCE on the other". Doesn't care for the "fancy smancy" phone her daughter gave her.

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,820 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,364
Posts18,488,108
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.