Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 108 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 107 108
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
STFU or keep making an ass of yourself. I don't care which.

Irony.....

You gonna get a job this summer?

Or just ride your bicycle?

LOL

Well, since this topic has just about played out anyhow....

Got some bird surveys lined up, but that's free money for me. Since I could be stuck here there's always teaching stuff to pick up as I usually did in the past when I was here.

I was supposed to go see my mom and other relatives up in New York, but with the virus that's still off the table. If I do go, I like to spend as long as possible with my mom, ya never know if its the last and I've been gone so much over the last 45 years. Used to be about going out and doing cool stuff with my nephews too but the youngest of them just went off to college. I'm real close to my cousin/brother in Pa. but he's high risk if he gets covid, "dead fer sure" as he puts it smile

Bicycle-wise, I never did do the Seminole-Cloudcroft-Capitan leg of my bike trip last summer, so it remains to be done. "Only" about 650 miles from here but the 200 mile stretch between Seminole and Cloudcroft would be rough. Done that whole ride many times on a motorcycle back in the day, just a long, hot day twisting the wrist is all, whole 'nother ballgame on a bicycle of course.

So I was sorta figuring the first three weeks ride to a friend's place outside of Capitan and visit, then bus the bike and me back home, and then drive up to NY. Stay away from hotels/motels and it can be done pretty cheap. Dunno what will happen now.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Looks like some folks try to mix jogging and shopping.

Whod have thunk it?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Fat chance....

Well, since this topic has just about played out anyhow....

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
National news just starting,.....another day of coverage on the event.

No mention of the old white couple murdered by a black man in Delaware.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What about the hammer? Was there one?

Did he pitch it before the confrontation?

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mirage243
I don't know the facts in this case, but I'd lay 10-1 odds for a substantial amount of money, that the deceased was not out for a jog.
You could very well be right. But, from what you saw on the video did the black jogger have the right to resist being accosted and cut off by the gun wielding person?

I was accosted by a team of men, all armed, demanding I stop and talk to them, tell them what I'm doing in the neighborhood, where I live, etc..

I was taking my typical evening stroll, and I was a few blocks from my home. I guess it was more than ten years ago. Quite dark out. I turned a corner, and from four blocks away I saw bright headlights lighting me up, to the point I was blinded by them. I decided to go one block further before turning south, so as to avoid walking into these bright lights. However, then I heard tires screeching, and the headlights were quickly barreling down on my location ... two or three vehicles (been a while, so I can't remember which). As they bore down on me, I quickly stepped off the road onto the grass of someone's home, hoping to avoid being run down. The vehicles all stopped in front of me, and several men came out with guns, charged at me demanding I identify myself, and why I was out walking in this area. They also demanded my address, and wanted to know why I suddenly changed direction when I saw their vehicles a few blocks away.

I told them all the answers to their questions, including why I changed direction, and they all came over, smiled, shook my hand, and apologized if they startled me . They were all uniformed cops, in marked patrol vehicles, looking for a criminal last seen in the area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Shocking? Not!

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Delaware case is pretty boring: bad guy kills couple, gets in shootout with cops, dies.

Georgia: bad guys kill man in street, call cops, lie to cops, cops lie to da, da lies for bad guys, media gets wind of story, blasts it everywhere, da tells bad guys sorry [bleep], you are on your own, recuses himself, bad guys get charged with murder.

That's pretty good TV.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oh, and I never thought to go for one of their guns. In fact, I was carrying a Colt Detective Special .38 at the time, and never thought to shoot it out with them. It remained under my jacket.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 19352012

Delaware case is pretty boring: bad guy kills couple, gets in shootout with cops, dies.

Georgia: bad guys kill man in street, call cops, lie to cops, cops lie to da, da lies for bad guys, media gets wind of story, blasts it everywhere, da tells bad guys sorry [bleep], you are on your own, recuses himself, bad guys get charged with murder.

That's pretty good TV.

Every instance of black on white murder must be too boring for the national news, I guess.

It's never reported.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You should apply for a job at NBC or CNN. You have a knack......

Originally Posted by 19352012

That's pretty good TV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was accosted by a team of men, all armed, demanding I stop and talk to them, tell them what I'm doing in the neighborhood, where I live, etc..

I was riding my bicycle home from school late one night past the scary stretch, no lights, blacked out as usual. A passing sedan, all thugged out with rims etc dark tinted windows, suddenly screeched to a halt just in front, passenger-side window scrolls down.

Oh heck! I'm about to get robbed/shot/jumped/whatever..... eek

.......It was a student, wanting to say Hi grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I was riding my bicycle home from school late one night past the scary stretch, no lights, blacked out as usual. A passing sedan, all thugged out with rims etc dark tinted windows, suddenly screeched to a halt just in front, passenger-side window scrolls down.

What gave you away? The binoculars?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

LOL.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First time that happened it WAS a Cop, plain clothes in I think a fancy Mustang coupe or something along those lines. He was a Black guy with his badge on a chain around his neck.

Actually I think he really stopped me to see who I was, but his stated reason was to tell me I should have lights because I was invisible out there, I pointed the lights I weren’t using and told him that was the point. After all, why was he out there at that time of night? 🙂

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
First time that happened it WAS a Cop, plain clothes in I think a fancy Mustang coupe or something along those lines. He was a Black guy with his badge on a chain around his neck.

Actually I think he really stopped me to see who I was, but his stated reason was to tell me I should have lights because I was invisible out there, I showed him the lights I weren’t using and told him that was the point. After all, why was he out there at that time of night? 🙂

If that cop tells you to try some dope, don't do it. He's just setting you up so you can't later report him for drug dealing, murder, and other criminal dealings with the Russian Mafia.

[Linked Image from consequenceofsound.net]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
These guys had two DA’s pass on the case and probably a third headed that way...

DA Johnson passed cause of conflict of interest.
with McMichael Snr. having worked in their dept
for 20 yrs before recently retiring... they handed
the case to DA Barnhill who also recused himself
also due to conflict of interest/ his attorney son
working in the same dept. as G. McMichael.

George Barnhill wrote to Glynn County Captain Tom Jump
Feb 23rd, saying that "it appears" the McMichaels were
justified in their 'hot persuit' citizen arrest, because they
had "first hand solid probable cause" that Arbery was
a burglary suspect..
(also citing the GA statute for citizen arrest in the letter.)

However the owner of the property in the video
MR. English, has said he has not had anything
stolen or reported any such.

What chance does the defence have of proving
that Arbery committed a felony?.. (ie) how
they going to show that Arbery was conducting
burglary/ there with 'intent' to commit robbery...?

For the record the current DA assigned to the case
is Mr.Durden.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image from consequenceofsound.net]

That character was based on a real dude.

Be careful out there.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Just yesterday I got to put some hours in on the bicycle, and part of it was alongside traffic on a busy access road on the shoulder. Lines of traffic, stoplights, just a sucky place to be on a bicycle but which I gotta take to get from Point A to Point B.

I’m passing this car stopped in line and these people in it start screaming “Mr Bird! Mr Bird!”, it was some students from three years back, now going to college in Corpus.

I said what I always say to students/former students in that situation. I pointed at the bicycle and told them that if they stayed in school and studied hard, one day they might get to ride one of these too 🙂

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
grin

Page 36 of 108 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (17CalFan, 320090T, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 21 invisible), 1,241 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,942
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.