Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
At least in Texas the Dairy Queen Tacos are pretty darn tasty.

Also, the Jalisco Belt Buster Burger tastes mighty fine. Meat, pepper Jack cheese, dipped and fried Jalapeno slivers and Jalapeno sauce.

What do you guys recommend?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In these parts Subways are plentiful.

I’m happy with jack links jerky and double fist size fountain drink.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First choice WhataBurger. Then Dairy Queen if there’s one around. I prefer the Beltbuster with cheese and a Chocolate dipped Ice cream cone. Sonic if not.
Subway as a last resort.

I’d rather stop at a convenience store and buy a pack of bologna and a loaf of bread than eat at subway. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/10/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hot wings, (if I’m driving!)😁
Seriously, if I’m driving, chicken tenders are easy to eat while I’m driving

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 05/10/20.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I very, very, rarely eat fast food of any kind but on rare occasion when I’m out and about and get a wild hair, Blake’s Lota Buger is pretty good. Whataburger Would work also.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
taco bell or wendys if arbies ain't around.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Taco Bell.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
‘Nother vote for Whataburger, #4 supersized with a large onion rings and a large Diet Coke.

Or if it’s early, four cheap and greasy jalapeño sausage kolaches from the nearest convenience store, I always regret that afterwards but that’s afterwards 🙂

I am particular about my coffee tho, McDonalds or nothing, two large coffees with ten creams in each.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody who lives in Texas and thinks Dairy Queen tacos are where it's at, is beyond help.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Been a couple years or more I gave up Bill Millers BB-Q. It has little taste and their pinto beans must be for tourists.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't like to eat much on a long road trip, usually take some jerky and corn nuts to snack on, so I only have to stop for fuel also try not to drink much so I don't have to stop and pee too often.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jaguartx: I have eaten a LOT of "on the road fast food" (From Florida to Alaska!) and my recommendation as of today is the Popeyes "Chicken Sandwich"!
Damn they are good - not messy to eat while travelling and in addition to the tastiness it is large and rather filling!
The last one I bought (IIRC) was $3.69 (no sales tax in Montana) and absolutely humbles and disgraces ANY and EVERY offering from MickeyD's.
Sadly the nearest "Popeyes" restaurant is 165 miles from me.
I do have a Dairy Queen in my hometown here in SW Montana and will try their "Tacos" - I will advise though that EVERY item on their current menu that I have tried has been quite disappointing - some to the extreme.
Thanks for the headsup though - and let me know what you think of the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich if and when you try'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I search out the local Mexican places. I very rarely eat fast food.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
EdM: There is merit in your recommendation but "I" and a lot of people need to grab and go when we are travelling!
As was the initial posters inference when he posted "something quick to eat on the go"!
Yeah I love Mexican (Americanized anyway - never been to mainland Mexico!) but its an hour to stop, park, order, wait for food eat the food and pay for it.
Matter of fact may do Mexican tomorrow as our towns Mexican restaurant was given the OK to re-open just this past week and its been a LONG time since I have eaten Mexican (Americanized).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
None of that trash Jag, if I can find a c store im GTG, a couple three four tins sardines, apple and banana and a couple bottles of unsweetened tea, good nutrition that will keep you banging on all eight cylinders for half a day.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
First choice WhataBurger. Then Dairy Queen if there’s one around. I prefer the Beltbuster with cheese and a Chocolate dipped Ice cream cone. Sonic if not.
Subway as a last resort.

I’d rather stop at a convenience store and buy a pack of bologna and a loaf of bread than eat at subway. 🤠

Sonic burgers make my belly hurt. Subway is ok if you stick with the roast beef, otherwise you may puke and crap like hell for 2 days.

BTW, iirc its Chicken Express often has 15 chicken tenders for $10 but it's only on Tursdays. Their chicken livers are good to go.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jimmie Johns if you got 'em. Fast fast fast, and good.

Also, regonal convenience chains WaWa and Sheetz have pretty good food, but it can take a few minutes.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I am particular about my coffee tho, McDonalds or nothing, two large coffees with ten creams in each.

That’s no longer coffee.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jaguartx: I have eaten a LOT of "on the road fast food" (From Florida to Alaska!) and my recommendation as of today is the Popeyes "Chicken Sandwich"!
Damn they are good - not messy to eat while travelling and in addition to the tastiness it is large and rather filling!
The last one I bought (IIRC) was $3.69 (no sales tax in Montana) and absolutely humbles and disgraces ANY and EVERY offering from MickeyD's.
Sadly the nearest "Popeyes" restaurant is 165 miles from me.
I do have a Dairy Queen in my hometown here in SW Montana and will try their "Tacos" - I will advise though that EVERY item on their current menu that I have tried has been quite disappointing - some to the extreme.
Thanks for the headsup though - and let me know what you think of the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich if and when you try'em.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I don’t know if they’re tasty enough to risk my life getting one. I’ve seen the videos.

Those sandwiches are very popular with the joggers... grin

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EdM
I search out the local Mexican places. I very rarely eat fast food.

+1 Burritos are great for driving. Always try and go local if possible.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 32 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,702
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.