-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 108 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 107 108
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
For those of you that are so excited about this case.

This will be hurdle #1 for the defense team.

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest
O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)
17-4-60. Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

This will be hurdle #2.

(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23 , a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(b) A person is not justified in using force under the circumstances specified in subsection (a) of this Code section if he:

(1) Initially provokes the use of force against himself with the intent to use such force as an excuse to inflict bodily harm upon the assailant;

(2) Is attempting to commit, committing, or fleeing after the commission or attempted commission of a felony; or

(3) Was the aggressor or was engaged in a combat by agreement unless he withdraws from the encounter and effectively communicates to such other person his intent to do so and the other, notwithstanding, continues or threatens to continue the use of unlawful force.

(c) Any rule, regulation, or policy of any agency of the state or any ordinance, resolution, rule, regulation, or policy of any county, municipality, or other political subdivision of the state which is in conflict with this Code section shall be null, void, and of no force and effect.

(d) In a prosecution for murder or manslaughter, if a defendant raises as a defense a justification provided by subsection (a) of this Code section, the defendant, in order to establish the defendant's reasonable belief that the use of force or deadly force was immediately necessary, may be permitted to offer:

(1) Relevant evidence that the defendant had been the victim of acts of family violence or child abuse committed by the deceased, as such acts are described in Code Sections 19-13-1 and 19-15-1 , respectively; and

(2) Relevant expert testimony regarding the condition of the mind of the defendant at the time of the offense, including those relevant facts and circumstances relating to the family violence or child abuse that are the bases of the expert's opinion.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tyrone

What part is inaccurate? If they aren't civilians are they military? Royalty?
Nope. You can cite a cop for breaking the law too. The executive branch is civilian.

There basically was no LE until about 1850. You had ATF collecting taxes earlier and sheriffs, but that's about it.

They're typically referred to as peace officers in most statutory law. The executive and legislative branches grant them different levels of authority than Joe Schit the Rag Man. The judicial branch upholds those authorities.

This is why states that allow for citizen arrests (not all do) have separate sections of law defining the parameters.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I just learned that Montana allows for Citizens Arrest.

You watch yo ass......

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You watch yo ass......

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You watch yo ass......

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

😂😂😂

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by deflate
You're lazy. Just say that you're lazy.

OK, I’m lazy.

Thank you.

That’s the sort of thing you have to say when arguing with a woman, I would think that was obvious <“shrug”>.

Now I ain’t saying you’re a woman, in fact I’ve never said much about you at all, other than how you have to suck up to the Lawn Police 🙂

All I have to say about teaching is that in session, twelve hour days are the norm, my Ex has it the hours I spent on the job contributed to the end of our marriage. Individual student projects conceived, developed and completed under my supervision have been presented in competition all over the United States. One that went clear out of the ballpark was also presented in Morocco and Sweden (a District Admin got to go with the kid of course crazy ) So in that regard, I’m among a small minority of teachers nationwide.

Not really along those lines I recently had a former student from almost thirty years back send me a friend request on Facebook. She’s done real good in life; still married to the same guy, raised four decent and well adjusted kids.

She was amazed that I remembered her. What I didn’t mention was I remember her because when she was 15 I was invited to her quinceanera. She got in big trouble from her dad because of hickeys.

She didn’t have any but her boyfriend was covered in ‘em grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That’s the sort of thing you have to say when arguing with a woman,? Iwould think that was obvious <“shrug”>.

How would you know?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That’s the sort of thing you have to say when arguing with a woman,? Iwould think that was obvious <“shrug”>.

How would you know?

Dude, a beautiful Mexican/Filipina woman ten years younger’n me shared my floor space for twenty years 😎 Gave me the best years of her life, went under the knife and/or endured chemo three times trying to give us a child.

Now, I know it’s gonna be hard, but try to refrain from further catty comments. You actually made a useful contribution to this thread just a few posts back.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

How would you know?

Dude, a beautiful Mexican/Filipina woman ten years younger’n me shared my floor space for twenty years 😎 Gave me the best years of her life, went under the knife and/or endured chemo three times trying to give us a child.

Now, I know it’s gonna be hard, but try to refrain from further catty comments. You actually made a useful contribution to this thread just a few posts back.

Pause

Just weighing in to point out you feminized the Philippine part but not the Mexican.

Unpause

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As Bristoe pointed out

In Brunswick Georgia, you have a one in 15 chance of being a victim of theft or violent crime

Think about that mindset someone must have living there. No one is going to get the benefit of the doubt walking around a construction site even if people think its normal to walk thru a house that is under construction in lesser crime areas

Last edited by KFWA; 05/11/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Even if you don't think someone roaming around new construction is a thief, it's still OK to stop and talk to them.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Even if you don't think someone roaming around new construction is a thief, it's still OK to stop and talk to them.

As a consensual encounter or a detainment?

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you think they are a thief, detainment until police get there is fine. There's nothing stopping somebody from running away.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you think they are a thief, detainment until police get there is fine.

Interesting.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you thought some guy matched the description of a rapist, would you stop them and suggest they wait for police?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
He wasn’t just a jogger. Lots of video going back to last October of him being in the house. At one point, before the cameras were installed, $2,500 worth of fishing tackle was stolen, obviously it was probably him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If you think they are a thief, detainment until police get there is fine.

Interesting.
There's nothing interesting about this, except to an idiot. Freedom entails responsibility.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You actually made a useful contribution to this thread just a few posts back.

And you've made none.

So STFU and go look for a water heater.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If you thought some guy matched the description of a rapist, would you stop them and suggest they wait for police?

What level of proof would you say is required to detain someone?
What level of force is appropriate to keep them detained if they decide to leave?

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There's nothing interesting about this, except to an idiot. Freedom entails responsibility.

Tyrone,

I don't think you should be opining about a citizen's ability to arrest. LOL.

You've already posted some really dumb schit.

Page 39 of 108 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (007FJ, 19rabbit52, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,010
Posts18,520,643
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.