Hop To
Page 41 of 108 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 107 108
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by deflave
By the way, in the context of this case, the military has no statutory authority to arrest or detain anyone.If they do so, they are doing it is as a private citizen. I don't understand where you guys come up with some of this schit.
I believe you are right unless the Guard has been called out by the Governor of the state.

Even then would they be acting under the banner of deputized LE or as military?

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes under martial law, the military gains arrest/detention authority.

LCPL Forgot My Middle Name does not.

Any action they take is as a private citizen.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243
I don't know the facts in this case, but I'd lay 10-1 odds for a substantial amount of money, that the deceased was not out for a jog.
You could very well be right. But, from what you saw on the video did the black jogger have the right to resist being accosted and cut off by the gun wielding person? Now put yourself in his position and think about it. If an armed civilian non law enforcement ran you down with a truck and started ordering you to comply with whatever would you have the right to resist? One of the worst things you can do is let a hostile someone take control of you. It is why women are advised to never allow themselves to be kidnapped. They are advised to fight it out right there. If an armed person with a firearm accosts me when I am not armed I hope I will grab onto him and try to take him down.
I went back and read my post. I can see that it may have seemed that I thought of civilian law enforcement as not civilian. To clear up what I meant. They were civilians (not military or guard) and not civilian law enforcement. They were acting as private citizens.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gentlemen,

Please stop.

Originally Posted by The Fugking Dictionary
ci·vil·ian
/səˈvilyən/
Learn to pronounce

noun

a person not in the armed services or the police force.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
There is little evidence on this thread of any knowledge of the law, or application of common sense. Many would appear to think it is OK to detain someone at gunpoint because you think they may have done something. If that person detained refuses to comply can you use force to prevent his departure? There may be some established case law concerning shooting fleeing felons.

What is obvious is that when the ignorant decide to use firearms in anything but self defense they dive headfirst into a deep well of schidt. Attach whatever social/racial labels you wish but the fact remains that the incident served no purpose and did not have to occur.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If you go back to my original post you will see that I said nothing to imply that civilian law enforcement is anything other than civilian. I described the people who tried to detain the "jogger" as civilian AND non law enforcement. I meant they were neither military or law enforcement. Therefore having no authority to detain private persons except under extraordinary circumstances that seemingly did not exist in this case.

Under the theory of governmental power that underlies our system, no agent of government has any authority that wasn't temporarily loaned to them, during good behavior, by The People, wherein it naturally and originally resides.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
There is little evidence on this thread of any knowledge of the law, or application of common sense. Many would appear to think it is OK to detain someone at gunpoint because you think they may have done something. If that person detained refuses to comply can you use force to prevent his departure? There may be some established case law concerning shooting fleeing felons.
What is obvious is that when the ignorant decide to use firearms in anything but self defense they dive headfirst into a deep well of schidt. Attach whatever social/racial labels you wish but the fact remains that the incident served no purpose and did not have to occur.mike r
I hope you weren't talking about me because I agree with you completely.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
He wasn’t just a jogger. Lots of video going back to last October of him being in the house. At one point, before the cameras were installed, $2,500 worth of fishing tackle was stolen, obviously it was probably him.

Why was $2,500 worth of fishing tackle lying about in a house under construction?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This particular Goodwhite panic seems to be suffering Narrative Collapse sooner than most. I expect any grand jury to no bill this. Then it will be up to the Federales to see if they want to persecute more Badwhites for the entertainment of both Goodwhite- and Jogger-Americans.

Narrative Collapse
https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/07/narrative-collapse.html
The specter of Narrative Collapse hovers over all these kinds of incidents now. The Narrative favored and promoted by black race activists and Main Stream Media Goodwhites is of heartless white authority figures doing violence against helpless, harmless blacks. The MSM do everything they can to reinforce that narrative. That’s why the most-publicized photograph of Trayvon Martin, who was 17 years old when George Zimmerman shot him in 2012, was one taken when he was twelve years old.

In all too many cases, that initial MSM Narrative collapses when all the details come in.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
He wasn’t just a jogger. Lots of video going back to last October of him being in the house. At one point, before the cameras were installed, $2,500 worth of fishing tackle was stolen, obviously it was probably him.

Why was $2,500 worth of fishing tackle lying about in a house under construction?

Why was your daughter wearing that short red dress in a bar? She practically threw herself on the pool table to be gangraped.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Because the old dude who was building it is storing his boat in there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
.....when the ignorant decide to use firearms in anything but self defense they dive headfirst into a deep well of schidt.

mike r

Words to live by.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
What is obvious is that when the ignorant decide to use firearms in anything but self defense they dive headfirst into a deep well of schidt. Attach whatever social/racial labels you wish but the fact remains that the incident served no purpose and did not have to occur.mike r
I hope you weren't talking about me because I agree with you completely.

Hastings, not directed at you or anyone in particular, just an observation based on the entire body of posts.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
This is one of those times when I'm ashamed to be associated with this forum.

I'm afraid that someday, someone will see I posted on the same forum as a bunch of slack-jawed morons who immediately screamed "RACISTS" about the McMichael's.

The funniest thing is a bunch of gun owning homeowners saying overtly racist schit on the internets.

They best pray they never have to wrassle with a jogger themselves. LOL

Meh, the net is anonymous. They needn't fear their words would ever come back to haunt them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Because the old dude who was building it is storing his boat in there.

Copy. Thanks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jfruser

Why was your daughter wearing that short red dress in a bar? She practically threw herself on the pool table to be gangraped.

It was a legitimate question. The answer makes perfect sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If you thought some guy matched the description of a rapist, would you stop them and suggest they wait for police?

I'd take into account the fact that they may not be the rapist, may perceive my actions as aggressive and unlawful and resist with force. Then I'd contemplate what would happen if I used deadly force in that situation.

I would also discourage internet blowhards from comparing the non-violent crime of burglary to the violent crime of rape when trying to draw a parallel between actions. I'd fully expect said blowhards to disregard the words of wisdom and dig themselves deeper into the hole of dumbassery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by ready_on_the_right; 05/11/20.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Who said I retired from law enforcement?

Still active?

I wouldn't phrase it that way.

lolololololol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Assume that to be true. Now plug in Georgia law and see how it measures up against the actions. I'll be interested in reading how you measure the actions against the letter of the law.

Page 41 of 108 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 920 guests, and 851 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.