Page 49 of 108 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 107 108
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
And from my quick, very easy google search here is why it wasnt burglary...

1.) no forceable entry, nor was the property marked. To be such there must be obvious unlawful entry... i.e., someone stops in to ask for directions is no more or less guilty or innocent then the deceased in this instance.

2.) you must prove intent... you have to prove he had intent of committing a felony. You cant, hes dead.... and not at the scene.

The burglary statute is posted above, twice.

Forcible entry is not required, nor is actually stealing anything.

Intent can be inferred from his actions, and proven by the video of the joglar, both inside and outside the house.

Those like Ej cant understand the written law.

Go find some conspiracy website to post some more of your daydreams for everyone to read.... talk about someone consumed with fallacies!!

Google it dumbass

GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
You probably go through peoples dresser drawers too.

Originally Posted by sse
i've snooped through buildings under construction before

no opportunity for doing so comes to mind

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I left my garage door up, UPS man just left my package in there.....

Im going to cut his ass off down the road and blast him.... damn burglar....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And from my quick, very easy google search here is why it wasnt burglary...

1.) no forceable entry, nor was the property marked. To be such there must be obvious unlawful entry... i.e., someone stops in to ask for directions is no more or less guilty or innocent then the deceased in this instance.

2.) you must prove intent... you have to prove he had intent of committing a felony. You cant, hes dead.... and not at the scene.

The burglary statute is posted above, twice.

Forcible entry is not required, nor is actually stealing anything.

Intent can be inferred from his actions, and proven by the video of the joglar, both inside and outside the house.

No... no it isnt... thats from a 3rd party... i posted an exert from the real statue, from the real website... carryon dinkus, this whole google things above your head. Your not even doing it, your going by a forum post..... makes you even more of a dinkus!

Link the site you're getting the "real" statute from, if you can.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Georgia law:

Georgia Laws on Burglary

In the state of Georgia, there are two degrees of burglary—first-degree burglary and second-degree burglary. Under O.C.G.A. § 16-7-1, a person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another.

A person commits the offense of burglary in the second degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant building, structure, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, or aircraft.

So, the Jogger clearly entered a building without authorization. The question is did he have intent to commit a felony or theft therein? Georgia case law says that the mere presence of valuables inside that could be stolen is sufficient to infer that intent and sustain a conviction for burglary REGARDLESS of whether a theft was carried out. For the purposes of burglary there is no misdemeanor/felony value threshold. If there was so much as a two-by-four or a hammer in there for him to take, his mere presence in the building was sufficient to sustain a conviction for burglary. Now, criminal trespass is a lesser included offense and he would be entitled to an instruction on it if he testified that he did not intend to steal, but he had done enough to be convicted of burglary and satisfy the law.

So yeah, the jogger could easily have been convicted of a felony that day based upon his actions. He also happens to be black. Saying that he could have been convicted of a felony has nothing to do with the fact that he was also black. It has to do with the facts as we know them.

I don't believe your assertion of "presumed" intent squares with Quarles v. United States.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Was he wearing a uniform or a jogging outfit?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Georgia law:

Georgia Laws on Burglary

In the state of Georgia, there are two degrees of burglary—first-degree burglary and second-degree burglary. Under O.C.G.A. § 16-7-1, a person commits the offense of burglary in the first degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant dwelling house of another or any building, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, aircraft, or other such structure designed for use as the dwelling of another.

A person commits the offense of burglary in the second degree when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he or she enters or remains within an occupied, unoccupied, or vacant building, structure, vehicle, railroad car, watercraft, or aircraft.

So, the Jogger clearly entered a building without authorization. The question is did he have intent to commit a felony or theft therein? Georgia case law says that the mere presence of valuables inside that could be stolen is sufficient to infer that intent and sustain a conviction for burglary REGARDLESS of whether a theft was carried out. For the purposes of burglary there is no misdemeanor/felony value threshold. If there was so much as a two-by-four or a hammer in there for him to take, his mere presence in the building was sufficient to sustain a conviction for burglary. Now, criminal trespass is a lesser included offense and he would be entitled to an instruction on it if he testified that he did not intend to steal, but he had done enough to be convicted of burglary and satisfy the law.

So yeah, the jogger could easily have been convicted of a felony that day based upon his actions. He also happens to be black. Saying that he could have been convicted of a felony has nothing to do with the fact that he was also black. It has to do with the facts as we know them.

I don't believe your assertion of "presumed" intent squares with Quarles v. United States.

It doesnt, but he was black, so...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yep. The presence of your lawn mower proved intent to rob you. Time to go hunting.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by hookeye

Dunno, didnt see him, just like dumb and dumber...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Yep. The presence of your lawn mower proved intent to rob you. Time to go hunting.

I actually have some 2x6’s stacked up too... he probably looked at them before he left....

Time to get the beretta..

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
https://casetext.com/case/howard-v-state-924

Howard v. State, 227 Ga. App. 5, 8 (Ga. Ct. App. 1997) (“(b) "A person commits the offense of burglary when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another. . . ." OCGA § 16-7-1 (a). Here, the State proved that Ellison's dwelling was entered without her permission or authority. Brinson v. State, 208 Ga. App. 556, 557 (3), 558 ( 430 S.E.2d 875). The presence of valuables, such as Ellison's television, is sufficient to support an inference of defendant's intent to steal. Miller v. State, 208 Ga. App. 547 (1) ( 430 S.E.2d 873). In the case sub judice, the evidence was sufficient to authorize the jury's verdict that defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of burglary as alleged in the indictment.”)

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/11/20.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

i've recently seen a video of ladies dressed in delivery uniforms doing the porch pirate thing...pretty d_mn sneaky

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So are burglaries now down in that hood or what?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

No reported burglaries in that neighborhood per the police.

Only a stolen, loaded gun, from dumber jr’s unlocked vehicle.... model gun owner huh?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Howard v. State, 227 Ga. App. 5, 8 (Ga. Ct. App. 1997) (“(b) "A person commits the offense of burglary when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another. . . ." OCGA § 16-7-1 (a). Here, the State proved that Ellison's dwelling was entered without her permission or authority. Brinson v. State, 208 Ga. App. 556, 557 (3), 558 ( 430 S.E.2d 875). The presence of valuables, such as Ellison's television, is sufficient to support an inference of defendant's intent to steal. Miller v. State, 208 Ga. App. 547 (1) ( 430 S.E.2d 873). In the case sub judice, the evidence was sufficient to authorize the jury's verdict that defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of burglary as alleged in the indictment.”)

20 year old state case.

Besides, a TV sure doesn't sound like the 2x4's being discussed above.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/11/20.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
And lots of real states attorneys as well as various other defense attorneys in all the various articles and newscasts all say that the victim committed criminal trespass only...

Race-baiting propagandists are misleading the public on purpose, for their own profit and motives.

You're a Covtard, so you'll believe that over the truth, as is your habit.

The GA state's attorney for the county where this occurred, followed GA law and decided it was a burglary, and therefore the armed citizens had the right under GA law to attempt to stop a fleeing felon.

And hence..... why its now in the media... because it was put to bed, but the surfaced video proves otherwise... showing that DA was a racist bigot who’s friends with Bubba... proving your a premium retarded dinkus...

The GA state's attorney reviewed the same videos, and the full videos, not the edited versions that have been released, prior to reaching the conclusion no laws had been broken.

The videos that have been released, were released because the conclusion had been reached that no laws had been broken.

To try and reopen what was closed case, by race-baiting, and to improperly try and sway any possible jury that would try these white men.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

So year old state case.

You mean a 23 year old case in the state where the events occurred.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

So year old state case.

I might be wrong, but it would go from petty theft to a felony based on the value of said good... in my state it is $500 I think. Then within a reasonable doubt they would have to prove he could walk off with $500 (in my states case) of the building materials....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So year old state case.

You mean a 23 year old case in the state where the events occurred.

VS. a SCOTUS decision from last year.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

No reported burglaries in that neighborhood per the police.

Only a stolen, loaded gun, from dumber jr’s unlocked vehicle.... model gun owner huh?

Pretty sure GA law hasn't changed in the last 15 minutes.

Here's your opportunity ta be a hero, and post a link to the "real" GA burglary statute you were bullshittin everbody about.

Page 49 of 108 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 39 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,984
Posts18,520,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.