Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
These conversations always amaze me when folks start to talk about US or WE taking THEIR land or ways of life. Nobody here was alive at that time. Nobody around here seems to think that way when it’s the black folks wanting special rights or treatment.
I have many Indian friends, have cousins who are married to Indians. I don’t feel any remorse for something that someone in my family may have done to someone in their family 6 generations ago and the ones I’m close with don’t hold any grudge over the same things that may or may not have happened between our long dead relatives.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That taking their land thing is just BS they put out for idiot whites. When I was small Dad explained it simply. Why do the Sioux, a Canadian tribe, hate the Chippewa? We fished Enemy Swim Lake which was named after a famous Sioux - Chippewa battle. Before the Sioux were in the Dakotas there were people who built burial mounds. What happened to them? Mounds were handy. Why bother making arrow heads when you could dig up a mound and get all you want.

"I just cant believe they wont just act like white folks........"

Flip it around. Going hunting and fishing whenever you want while the women took care of the work around camp doesn't sound so bad to me. Kind of a nice arrangement if you can get away with it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, I learned the history of the name Enemy Swim. I can envision some warriors looking at the short stick deciding the long pull across the lake was the best option for today.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its a schitting complicated problem.

Its not about the nail.........

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Well, I learned the history of the name Enemy Swim. I can envision some warriors looking at the short stick deciding the long pull across the lake was the best option for today.

But I never did hear the story of Weasel's Tomb.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I suspect Weasel’s inclinations (he wasn’t Nic-named that for no good reason) got himself ushered into eternity in some fairly unique way. Perhaps he was even aided. 😳 🤔

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Divert any/all roads AROUND the their reservation and see how they like that new level of "protection"......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What is complicated? The current system doesn't benefit anyone.

Either they are sovereign nations, or they are not. Like many things, it's only complicated if you make it so.

You've a different perspective and I'm honestly interested in what you have to say on it.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CRS
Yes, illegal to block traffic on a state hwy. If I was going through, would tell them to pound sand. They do not want people stopping, great! I do everything I can to avoid stopping when traveling through.

They want to be sovereign, let them. Put up a wall and let them fend for themselves. If we could keep them in Pine Ridge, the crime stats would drop dramatically in Rapid City.

Pine Ridge is one the most beautiful pieces of country in SD. Once you look past the garbage, junkyards, trashed houses, and wandering critters. laugh

BTW, the Pine Ridge president was just arrested for DUI and threatening. This is after he spouts off about sobriety.

I thought that closing the beer stores in White Clay, NE, was supposed to save the Native Americans from the curse of alcohol addiction.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ha ha that's funny. Prohibition does not work no matter the race.

Arcus Venator
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=Nebraska]Divert any/all roads AROUND the their reservation and see how they like that new level of "protection"......[/quote)

That's the heart of the problem right there. It might be their res but the roads belong to the US gov't or the state of SD. NOT THE Tribe, tribal roads are marked BIA OR other but when that road sign says US 18 or US 212 it belongs to all of us. Or when marked SD 63 it's SD's the state's ownership put there for all of us and the SD highway patrol has legal jurisdiction on those roads not the tribe. Just like most of the res's have white deaded land that is privately owned..MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 05/11/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

What is complicated? The current system doesn't benefit anyone.

Either they are sovereign nations, or they are not. Like many things, it's only complicated if you make it so.

You've a different perspective and I'm honestly interested in what you have to say on it.

The Yakama tribe kicked off the State patrol and county sheriffs off their sovereign land a few years ago. Of course the DWI/vehicular deaths increased tenfold as well as violent crime, homicides, rapes, infant death rates, assaults and the Mexican cartels increased their presence and began operating freely on the Rez. The tribal cops are a complete schitshow.

Last edited by ribka; 05/11/20.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They're not cross-deputized but the tribal cops seem to do pretty good here. FBI too but rarely anything happens beyond tribal jurisdiction. Drugs are still a problem but they are so damn prevalent there's not a lot the cops can do. the chairman , a young guy, about a year ago decided there would be trug testing for all tribal employees starting tomorrow. Man, was he a nervous guy until he dropped the policy and things cooled down. Gave the guy credit for truing but a law is good only so far as the people sanction it.

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by nighthawk
They're not cross-deputized but the tribal cops seem to do pretty good here. FBI too but rarely anything happens beyond tribal jurisdiction. Drugs are still a problem but they are so damn prevalent there's not a lot the cops can do. the chairman , a young guy, about a year ago decided there would be trug testing for all tribal employees starting tomorrow. Man, was he a nervous guy until he dropped the policy and things cooled down. Gave the guy credit for truing but a law is good only so far as the people sanction it.

Good on the guy for trying. Too bad shot down by the Rez mentality. One Yaka Rez cop was posting on facebook that any white man was fair game if found on the Rez. He was let go but his auntie was on the tribal council and he got his job back. I have a friend who is white ( non tribal) and a tribal detective on the Rez -he sure knows how to play the politics to survive lol

Hes retiring soon so comfortable posting

Last edited by ribka; 05/12/20.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I think the size of the drop vs the size of the bucket does not warrant much change.

It is a bit reminiscent of our operations in the gulf.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got in an argument with my brother in law about the Kiwi Bird.

New Zealands national symbol.

He maintained the bird was pretty useless and pathetic.

I maintained they were happy as hell before he got there and fugged everything up.

Gosh..why dont people just stop using heroin.......its just a choice afterall.....

I wondered if you had some sort of NZ connection. I've only heard of the "tall poppy syndrome" spoken by some kiwis I worked with a couple decades ago.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the size of the drop vs the size of the bucket does not warrant much change.

It is a bit reminiscent of our operations in the gulf.

My in-laws owned a small ranch on the NE/SD border north of Chadron, NE, that they leased to a local rancher. He said that he factored in the loss of four or five head of cattle to rustlers each year. Although he never came out and actually said that the rustlers were coming out of the Pine Ridge, he made it clear that was what he thought.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This Thread is Worthless Without Pics

[Linked Image from listen.sdpb.org]
Gov Noem

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

This Thread is Worthless Without Pics

[Linked Image from listen.sdpb.org]
Gov Noem

Farm raised too. That's a heck of a woman.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Always finish what you start.

When one deviates from principle, they are doomed for failure.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 204guy, 53 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,894
Posts18,498,029
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.