Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Here’s a role model......

I’m thinking too of an elderly Jack La Lanne swimming across a lake in Japan, rope in his mouth and pulling a rowboat.

How did these guys do it?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB4

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They work at it. Have you seen Cher?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I’m thinking too of an elderly Jack La Lanne swimming across a lake in Japan, rope in his mouth and pulling a rowboat.

Jack Palance wasn't a pimple on LaLanes ass, physically. LaLane was in another league, from most human beings.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good stuff .

Sad at the shape people are in these days especially young people around here .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman

Jack Palance wasn't a pimple on LaLanes ass, physically. LaLane was in another league, from most human beings.

He really was. He was a freak of nature.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not this over aged farm boy.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Better living through chemistry

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
My parts do not work as well as they used to. There is also considerable pain in several areas. I have learned my linitations. Food intake reduced as well as alcohol intake.

There are things I should just not do!!! And for the things that must be done, I just take my time.

Not really all that old, just wore out.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thought I was.

Picked up some weights a bit yesterday., Learned I ain't. 57 here. Can still do fifty push ups but counting on that as my marker needs serious rethinking.

When you are young and worked out daily all was great, lean, and cholesterol fine etc....you start skipping workouts bet periodically recharge on them without much lag.

Those intermittent periods of inactivity get longer but ....you can still do some things when you hit the weights again.

Then you count the days in the intervals of inactivity and they don't alarm you- merely annoy you a bit and you chastise yourself. Maybe workout a few days.

Then...your old warm up becomes your new work out.

Then you get quarantined but liquor stores stay open.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Much starts at conception... some are more blessed genetically than others and some are cursed.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I remember watching Jack LaLane when I was a little boy.

Last edited by hanco; 05/13/20.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I keep reminding myself I’m in good shape.

Round is a shape...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 19352012
Better living through chemistry

Not near enough said in this area.

Most of the "supplements" available for outstanding old peoples youth look are not affordable. Unless you are a Hollywood type or at least in the six figure category.

Growth Hormone shots $1000 a month
Hormone replacement creams, pills, etc. from $200 to $600 a month.
Botox shots for cosmetic contour $100 - $200 a month

this isn't considering the foods, and nutritional supplements and in a lot of cases the professional training counseling.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Adrenochrome

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ha!

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It does help to be born with good genes and I believe I was, but you still have to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I was raised working in a ice plant, so I was at one time anyway, extremely fit. Also ran, in school and afterwords.
Any of my fellow oldtimers remember Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini. Yeah! That kind of fit. He too worked in a ice house.

Now at 64 years young and retired, I ride a trainer and cross country ski in the winter, Ride bikes (Mountain bike and road bike) in
the summer, and stretch a lot (Don't be afraid to let your wife teach you a little yoga) Work to keep our little horse farm in shape, and
still start and train horses.

Byron

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm doing better at 55 than I was at 45. Though I just told the wife that after doing a 14 hr day on the farm, I really do not want to do another one the day after. Diet (and associated weight) has a huge influence on not only stamina and strength, it has made the pains and aches so much less, and the recovery times so much faster. Keep the weight off, keep the body fed properly, keep the stress under control, and keep moving. But the bottom line is, carbs are the devil.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
My parts do not work as well as they used to. There is also considerable pain in several areas. I have learned my linitations. Food intake reduced as well as alcohol intake.

There are things I should just not do!!! And for the things that must be done, I just take my time.

Not really all that old, just wore out.

It ain’t the years, it’s the miles!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm doing better at 55 than I was at 45. Though I just told the wife that after doing a 14 hr day on the farm, I really do not want to do another one the day after. Diet (and associated weight) has a huge influence on not only stamina and strength, it has made the pains and aches so much less, and the recovery times so much faster. Keep the weight off, keep the body fed properly, keep the stress under control, and keep moving. But the bottom line is, carbs are the devil.

Insulin resistance is problem,, Snacking is the devil. everything you eat stimulates insulin production.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byron
It does help to be born with good genes and I believe I was, but you still have to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I was raised working in a ice plant, so I was at one time anyway, extremely fit. Also ran, in school and afterwords.
Any of my fellow oldtimers remember Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini. Yeah! That kind of fit. He too worked in a ice house.

Now at 64 years young and retired, I ride a trainer and cross country ski in the winter, Ride bikes (Mountain bike and road bike) in
the summer, and stretch a lot (Don't be afraid to let your wife teach you a little yoga) Work to keep our little horse farm in shape, and
still start and train horses.

Byron

Good post Byron. I too think I got some pretty good genes. I am genetically thin. I worked for any muscle I have. I have always been active. At 57 with 5 shoulder surgeries and now having a titanium ball with NO socket, makes upper body workouts a challenge, but I ain't quitting yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 204guy, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 222ND, 1OntarioJim, 63 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,935
Posts18,479,992
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.