Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 69 of 108 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 107 108
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I do not see it as my responsibility to enter into an armed confrontation with an empty handed man who walked through an open house under construction. Simply because when I think about these things I quickly recognize that they can go as they did in this case.
How could they have known in advance that he was unarmed? I have a pistol that's so small it fits on a belt buckle.

We all know that when you are armed, there is still a chance that you are going to be attacked. However, that chance is lower than if you are unarmed.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Nobody. But none of us can imagine why the dead guy decided to commit suicide either.

I can imagine what it would be like to be confronted by two pieces of human schidt, getting away, then having them come back and accost me with a shotgun. Fight or flight would kick in. Would I run fearing I would be shot in the back, fold and fear I may be killed yet, or try to disarm those accosting me? Heck, I got called a pussy for calling out shameful racist language, but I wouldn't be a pussy if I folded in the face of aggression. Interesting world here in THT. It sure is confusing knowing when to be a badass.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
I hope you aren't suggesting I walk around a black neighborhood.
It's not about color.

It's about self-policing.
BS. You were going to suggest a minority neighborhood.
BTW, you are in fantasy land if you think there's a neighborhood in the US that isn't policed by LE.

Oh I get it.

You’ve been sheltered your whole life.

That’s why you’re so stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nobody. But none of us can imagine why the dead guy decided to commit suicide either.

That's why prudent men wait to hear facts.

Instead of cackling like a Tyrone about schit they have no knowledge of.
Like self-policed neighborhoods?

Yes. That is also something you have no knowledge of.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do not see it as my responsibility to enter into an armed confrontation with an empty handed man who walked through an open house under construction. Simply because when I think about these things I quickly recognize that they can go as they did in this case.
How could they have known in advance that he was unarmed? I have a pistol that's so small it fits on a belt buckle.

We all know that when you are armed, there is still a chance that you are going to be attacked. However, that chance is lower than if you are unarmed.

If ever there were a case against confronting an empty handed man thought to be the one who was guilty of walking through an open house under construction, the fact that he may be armed would pretty much seal the deal for me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's why prudent men wait to hear facts.

Instead of cackling like a Tyrone about schit they have no knowledge of.
Like self-policed neighborhoods?
Yes. That is also something you have no knowledge of.
Name the city & neighborhood.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LOL

You stupid pampered fugk.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I can imagine what it would be like to be confronted by two pieces of human schidt, getting away, then having them come back and accost me with a shotgun. Fight or flight would kick in. Would I run fearing I would be shot in the back, fold and fear I may be killed yet, or try to disarm those accosting me? Heck, I got called a pussy for calling out shameful racist language, but I wouldn't be a pussy if I folded in the face of aggression. Interesting world here in THT. It sure is confusing knowing when to be a badass.

Why do you call them pieces of schit? Especially while giving the jogger a pass?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Why do you call them pieces of schit? Especially while giving the jogger a pass?

Dey White.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Your missing the obvious here... Arbery isnt on trial....
He most certainly will be on trial by the criminal defense. His aggressive actions toward the shooter will have to be the basis of defense. So, while Arbery won't be on trial his actions certainly will be. To me it seems he was justified in attempting to disarm the man with a gun, but there is so much not known right now. The video seems to indicate an aggravated assault with a firearm. You can't outrun a load from a shotgun. Would a reasonable man have done what the two white men did? Would a reasonable man have tried to defend himself and disarm an attacker. Yes, Arbery's actions will be on trial.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

I knew you'd pussy out on the one, dumb fah uck.

Typical for you, every time you paint yourself into a corner you resort to a chucklehead response in an attempt to hide your ignorance.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Bad tactic, he could only confront kne leaving the other free to fire. Simply stopping and talking would have been a more effective response

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I can tell by looking at them and by their actions they are POS's. In which post did I give the jogger a pass.? He may have been a POS too, but that coupled with the crime of walking through an empty house under construction isn't a capital offense.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I do not see it as my responsibility to enter into an armed confrontation with an empty handed man who walked through an open house under construction. Simply because when I think about these things I quickly recognize that they can go as they did in this case. Who among us wants to be in the killer's shoes?

Like most debates here, many people see things as black or white and argue those points ad nauseam. But the world is often very GRAY.

A few here suggest the jogger was the aggressor, and the 2 white men were well within their rights, because they suspected (or even saw) the jogger peek into a house.

That sets the premise, that I should meet every car that doesn't use a blinker to turn into my cul-de-sac, with a shotgun in the face. Neighbor didn't buckle up before backing out of their driveway? Shotgun to the face. We weird ass next door neighbor stepping onto my property to look into my garbage can? Shotgun to the face.

Of course, everyone here will agree those are ridiculous scenarios.

So it appears there ARE shades of gray in this argument. My view is, self policing with firearms involved should be the exception for only the most dire of circumstances, not the norm. Because bottom line, if you pull a firearm out without the express intent of immediately protecting your life or the life of your family, you've potentially crossed into a place where your freedom, and your financial future is dependent on some gun-hating libtard sitting on a jury, stewing about how you have a gun. Even if you were in the right.

So no, I will not risk even the slightest chance of jail time or civil suite for some petty crime, like these 2 dumbfuggs did. And the jogger was stupid as chit for what he did, too. Clusterfugg all the way around.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
He most certainly will be on trial by the criminal defense. His aggressive actions toward the shooter will have to be the basis of defense. So, while Arbery won't be on trial his actions certainly will be. To me it seems he was justified in attempting to disarm the man with a gun, but there is so much not known right now. The video seems to indicate an aggravated assault with a firearm. You can't outrun a load from a shotgun. Would a reasonable man have done what the two white men did? Would a reasonable man have tried to defend himself and disarm an attacker. Yes, Arbery's actions will be on trial.

Aggressive or defensive actions against the killer?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
I do not see it as my responsibility to enter into an armed confrontation with an empty handed man who walked through an open house under construction. Simply because when I think about these things I quickly recognize that they can go as they did in this case. Who among us wants to be in the killer's shoes?

Like most debates here, many people see things as black or white and argue those points ad nauseam. But the world is often very GRAY.

A few here suggest the jogger was the aggressor, and the 2 white men were well within their rights, because they suspected (or even saw) the jogger peek into a house.

That sets the premise, that I should meet every car that doesn't use a blinker to turn into my cul-de-sac, with a shotgun in the face. Neighbor didn't buckle up before backing out of their driveway? Shotgun to the face. We weird ass next door neighbor stepping onto my property to look into my garbage can? Shotgun to the face.

So it appears there ARE shades of gray in this argument. My view is, self policing with firearms involved should be the exception for only the most dire of circumstances, not the norm. Because bottom line, if you pull a firearm out without the express intent of immediately protecting your life or the life of your family, you've potentially crossed into a place where your freedom, and your financial future is dependent on some gun-hating libtard sitting on a jury, stewing about how you have a gun. Even if you were in the right.

So no, I will not risk even the slightest chance of jail time or civil suite for some petty crime, like these 2 dumbfuggs did. And the jogger was stupid as chit for what he did, too. Clusterfugg all the way around.

That is entirely to goddam reasonable of a comment for this schidtshow.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

Aggressive or defensive actions against the killer?
He was aggressively defending himself is the way it looks to me, but we'll see how the legal system and Georgia law see it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911

Good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LOL

Typical for you, every time you paint yourself into a corner you resort to a chucklehead response in an attempt to hide your ignorance.

I can't stop laughing...

You're from the south, aren't you?

Oh, and just to answer your incredibly stupid fugking question, take a stroll through Englewood sometime. It's in Chicago. Tell one of those young entrepreneur's on the street corner that you are going to call the police.

When you get done with that eye opening experience, I got about 150 more I can give you.

Take video. LMFAO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL

You're from the south, aren't you?

You are a geographist.

Page 69 of 108 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1minute, 63 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,879
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.