Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
For those in states whose governor decides to use contact tracing via cell phone signals, either leave the phone at home when going out, or get a faraday “bag”,

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Pocke...e+blocker&qid=1589464852&sr=8-33

The price has doubled in the last two weeks.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's really not a tinfoil conspiracy. They do plan on tracking down people via cell phone. Right now it appears voluntary, but for how long?
How long before they do this to people who were in the supermarket at the same time as someone who tested positive, but never even came close to them?
Doubt it? Read this.
https://www.electronicsweekly.com/n...d-19-contact-tracing-technology-2020-04/
[Linked Image from static.electronicsweekly.com]
Apple, Google partner on Covid-19 contact tracing Bluetooth technology

Apple and Google are throwing their joint weight behind the use of Bluetooth technology to help governments and health agencies reduce the spread of Covid-19. And the focus is on contact tracing.
The aim is that Contact Tracing makes it possible to limit the spread of the virus by alerting participants of recent possible exposure to someone who has subsequently tested positive. And the companies say user privacy and security are central to the design of their proposed approach.

The image above envisages scenarios around privacy-safe contact tracing using Bluetooth Low Energy.

In countries where the impact of Covid-19 has been minimised – for example Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore – contract tracing has been a major element of a national strategy.

APIs for Android and iOS

The companies write:

A number of leading public health authorities, universities, and NGOs around the world have been doing important work to develop opt-in contact tracing technology. To further this cause, Apple and Google will be launching a comprehensive solution that includes application programming interfaces (APIs) and operating system-level technology to assist in enabling contact tracing. Given the urgent need, the plan is to implement this solution in two steps while maintaining strong protections around user privacy.

The APIs will be released in May.

Both companies will release APIs that enable interoperability between Android and iOS devices using apps from public health authorities. These official apps will be available for users to download via their respective app stores.

And in “coming months”, Apple and Google will work to enable a broader Bluetooth-based contact tracing platform by building this functionality into their underlying platforms.

This is a more robust solution than an API and would allow more individuals to participate, if they choose to opt in, as well as enable interaction with a broader ecosystem of apps and government health authorities.

Privacy, transparency, and consent are of utmost importance in this effort, and we look forward to building this functionality in consultation with interested stakeholders. We will openly publish information about our work for others to analyze.

Bluetooth Low Energy

Their proposal for privacy-safe contact tracing using Bluetooth Low Energy, for example, would require explicit user consent. While it doesn’t collect personally identifiable information or user location data, a list of people you’ve been in contact with never leaves your phone (detected via Bluetooth LE).

People who test positive are not identified to other users, Google or Apple – the information would only be used for contact tracing by public health authorities for Covid-19 pandemic management. The system would work equally well across Android phones and iPhones.
Contact tracing cryptography

The companies have also provided a technical specification for cryptographic key scheduling for a new
privacy-preserving Bluetooth protocol to support Contact Tracing.

It complements, they say, the existing Bluetooth specification, and is involved with the scheduling of the Bluetooth protocol elements called ‘advertisements‘ and the higher-level lifecycle of the protocol.
Resources

The companies highlight these links:

Privacy-safe contact tracing using Bluetooth Low Energy
Contact Tracing Bluetooth Specification
Contact Tracing Cryptography Specification
Android Contact Tracing API

They also salute the work of software developers, who will play their part in the fight against the current global pandemic:

Across the world, governments and health authorities are working together to find solutions to the Covid-19 pandemic, to protect people and get society back up and running. Software developers are contributing by crafting technical tools to help combat the virus and save lives. In this spirit of collaboration, Google and Apple are announcing a joint effort to enable the use of Bluetooth technology to help governments and health agencies reduce the spread of the virus, with user privacy and security central to the design.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just one more reason why I'll never get a smart phone... I can remove the battery in my flipper in about 15 seconds.. Let 'em track THAT, the dickheads...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Already have a blocking bag. Also, you can just shut off the Bluetooth . A few wraps of aluminum foil work as well as a commercial bag.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/14/20.

Sam......

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
They'll be tracing mine to the end table where it lives.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just turn off bluetooth and geo location services on your phone. Most Android as well you can disable the apps that run those services as well.

Understand though if you have your phone on automatic updates you'll need to disable them repeatedly as they will usually be turned on and or enabled as part of the update process.

Same with Apple devices.

Phone can still be tracked thru cell towers though but not to the same degree for contact tracing.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine lives atop the microwave and I've likely been declared dead. I'm not packing a phone even if the government gives me one.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/14/20.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Data = $

If I know where 4 people have been in the past 2 weeks, it’s useless. If I know where 200M have been, it’s priceless.

CV-19 or no CV-19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Restaurants in Washington state will be required to gather some of your info if you dine in.

https://archive.is/zgXPR

I wonder if other retail will follow suit?

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Restaurants in Washington state will be required to gather some of your info if you dine in.

screw that

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1984 to a degree that's soooo scary. Unibomber was insane but spot on.Big brother gonna be your shadow

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Samsung has a new phone that you can take the battery out of it. It comes with 2 batteries when bought new. It's a Galaxy X Cover-Pro, and they're not to expensive. I'm going to check them out when we get loose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Unibomber was insane

You take that back!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My Name is Jose $##%^
I live on one A$$ hole way

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not a phuqqin chance. Won’t matter anyway, bank card receipts take care off all that. Your bank knows everywhere you go, I’m sure Uncle Sam can have a look whenever he wants.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My name is SCREW U INSLEE...my address is 100 NUNYA BIZNESS AVE....and my phone number is 1-888-PISS OFF

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Don't phones have a way to turn them off? If it's in a bag that blocks signals anyway, it might as well be off and save the battery.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I'd tell 'em "Mickey Mouse, Disneyland" Where's my table?
Originally Posted by 16bore

Not a phuqqin chance. Won’t matter anyway, bank card receipts take care off all that. Your bank knows everywhere you go, I’m sure Uncle Sam can have a look whenever he wants.
Not if ya pay with cash... Eff 'em...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just one more reason why I'll never get a smart phone... I can remove the battery in my flipper in about 15 seconds.. Let 'em track THAT, the dickheads...

Yep, same here. Dont need no fu cking pocket computer to make a phone call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,629
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.