Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

"Endorsement for the change transcends political and regional divides, although a slight majority of Canada’s current gun owners oppose it (55%)."

I find it troubling that 45% of current firearm owners are in support of the May 1 ban.

Goes back to an earlier post I made in this thread, where some hunters I conversed with couldn't care less, as they didn't have any of the firearms in the list.

Low speed, high drag
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ofelas
http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

"Endorsement for the change transcends political and regional divides, although a slight majority of Canada’s current gun owners oppose it (55%)."

I find it troubling that 45% of current firearm owners are in support of the May 1 ban.

Goes back to an earlier post I made in this thread, where some hunters I conversed with couldn't care less, as they didn't have any of the firearms in the list.

I find this disturbing. Then when you think about it they are probably the same people who go out and shoot bottles and leave garbage around making themselves look like shooters.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have calmed down somewhat. Sorry to my Eastern brothers for my earlier post. It isn't your fault how your neighbors voted just as is it isn't my fault how mine did and so I think Western Separatism will never fly. I can't stand Trudeau or his Daddy and I am appalled that we would elect such a man. However, my own neighbors voted for him here in the Yukon and we have the hilariously inept Larry Bagnell as our "representative". If there is an answer it will be through staying calm and building our coalition. Turning on one another will not help. A place to start might be in convincing our own 45% that the Order In Council ban is antidemocratic and bodes ill for all of us whether we are hurt by this particular list or not.

For myself I will help work to ensure that our elected "REP" Larry get's defeated on this one. The next List could be even worse if there is no cost to this one. Trudeau worked a bit cleverly to create a wedge issue withboth the appearance of action for Leftists and enough softening measures to try and divide us. Lets make sure that doesn't happen. I regret Lumping the East together, It isn't true. We all have ideological brothers and sisters in every part of the country.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Liberals Goals are TOTAL Gun Confiscation. Next will be ALL Mandatory Vaccines. There will be no need for a Gas Chamber.You will get a supposedly safe Vaccine that will end your life.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey guys, I'm 170km from the Manitoba border, can I join you guys !

Actually, it would make great sense for Manitoba to "inherit" Northwest Ontario.

We are so far distant, both geographically & politically, from Southern Ontario.

Please !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fair exchange. NW ON to MB in exchange for Loony Bin Winterpeg transplanted to their ideological GTA kindred.

Low speed, high drag
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by North61
I have calmed down somewhat. Sorry to my Eastern brothers for my earlier post. It isn't your fault how your neighbors voted just as is it isn't my fault how mine did and so I think Western Separatism will never fly. I can't stand Trudeau or his Daddy and I am appalled that we would elect such a man. However, my own neighbors voted for him here in the Yukon and we have the hilariously inept Larry Bagnell as our "representative". If there is an answer it will be through staying calm and building our coalition. Turning on one another will not help. A place to start might be in convincing our own 45% that the Order In Council ban is antidemocratic and bodes ill for all of us whether we are hurt by this particular list or not.

For myself I will help work to ensure that our elected "REP" Larry get's defeated on this one. The next List could be even worse if there is no cost to this one. Trudeau worked a bit cleverly to create a wedge issue withboth the appearance of action for Leftists and enough softening measures to try and divide us. Lets make sure that doesn't happen. I regret Lumping the East together, It isn't true. We all have ideological brothers and sisters in every part of the country.

As was mentioned early on in this thread, like-minded people are welcome to move west. But the numbers don't lie. Of course not every individual that lives east of Manitoba is a leftist, gun-banning Liberal supporter, but the generalization is true that there exists a broad-based geographical divide of cultural values. Just look at the map of the previous federal election results. To clarify the point we can look at a more dramatic example: we also have ideological brothers and sisters in the Middle East, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a generalized difference in the cultural values of the two locations. Ultimately, there are people with similar ideologies in all locations on the globe, but I think that division of governance and national separation works best when divided by ideological and cultural values on a general scale.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Low speed, high drag
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

While I’m not that familiar with the details of your political struggles, about 95% of what has been said here in this thread is also true of us just south of all of you.

What “liberalism” results in politically is, paradoxically, contrary to the usual, common meaning of the word. Liberals aren’t content to just live their lives as defined by their world view; they inevitably seek to impose it on those who aren’t “liberal”. The most extreme and mediocre liberals, when opportunity knocks (the Corona pandemic), become enthralled with power and control — channeling fascism — like Michigan’s governor Whitmer.

They see people as a collective to be dictated to and controlled which calls for expansive government, regulations and policies; they do not see the masses as individuals with inherent rights as true conservatism does. Liberals always make democracies, republics, or any form of representative government less so.

To my point, yes, the electoral college was envisioned by our framers (for a republic form of government) to give the states an equitable voice to the election of the president and vice-president of the US. While Canadian conservatives might argue for your own, true to form, many liberals here would like to abolish ours for the very reason it was formed — an equitable voice.

I love the expansive beauty of your nation, and of course, the outdoor exploits possible; I can’t envision a better nation to be neighbors with. I wish the wind at your back in all your efforts to retain your rights and freedoms.

My apologies for landing in a Canadian thread about Canadian problems and bringing my soapbox over.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey guys, I'm 170km from the Manitoba border, can I join you guys !

Moving the Ontario border back to about Nipigon is what I've heard from so many people between Kenora and T Bay. Just think, another open water shipping port for grain and oil.

Last edited by 450yukon; 05/14/20.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This I don’t think is an east-west thing-or else the west starts along ways east of Nipigon.
What it is —is an Urban-Rural divide

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kkahmann
This I don’t think is an east-west thing-or else the west starts along ways east of Nipigon.
What it is —is an Urban-Rural divide

Which shows how shallow minded Urban dwellers are, FFS, its a big country with alot of remote area's that are not made of concrete and steel.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
where's Lowell Green when you need 'im

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.