Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Surprised here at the number & time of all the SS are on backorder, most of the entire line actually.

Have this many models been backorded for this long before?

I realize we are experiencing strange times that have caused shortages of some shooting related things, but an entire brand?

Just curious.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They've been back--ordered a long time....I believe many have been since the Black Friday sale. No Tax day sale this year. I'd guess they are having problems with the production side. I think some of them are produced in different places so there may be more to it than just one manufacturer holding out on something.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This pandemic hit Japan before it got here, my assumption is that production is way down if not halted altogether. I work for a Japanese company and they have been locked-down for a while now.

G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Woodhits
This pandemic hit Japan before it got here, my assumption is that production is way down if not halted altogether. I work for a Japanese company and they have been locked-down for a while now.

I wondered if they might be slower or less productive than the US, Haven't really watched other countries. Hard to fathom the Japs letting anything get in the way of production.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Still waiting on my 3-9 since Black Friday. Anyone called in to ask for updates recently?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have emailed about a Burris ordered on April 18 that was NOT on backorder. I understand all industries are experiencing shipping delays. I was simply asking for clarification on what the delay was in slapping on a shipping label and placing it on a brown truck.

The reply is below:

Your order will ship as soon as the warehouse catches up.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’d love to order a few of their 6x scopes if they ever become available again. Probably going to be awhile while the fill back orders though.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sigguy
Still waiting on my 3-9 since Black Friday. Anyone called in to ask for updates recently?

I ordered one twords the tail end of the sale and had it in days. Have you verified the order went through?

“Lighten up Francis”
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by micky

I ordered one twords the tail end of the sale and had it in days. Have you verified the order went through?

I ordered one in the first few days of the sale...it showed up very quickly.

I decided to order another in the last day or two of the sale....been waiting ever since.

Called in late January and they confirmed my order, said they were looking right at it. They were just waiting on production is what I was told and they estimated March.

....and then the world went stupid over da 'Rona.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by micky

I ordered one in the first few days of the sale...it showed up very quickly.

I decided to order another in the last day or two of the sale....been waiting ever since.

Called in late January and they confirmed my order, said they were looking right at it. They were just waiting on production is what I was told and they estimated March.

....and then the world went stupid over da 'Rona.

This.

Ordered the last day or two of the sale. Called in December to check on the order and they were back ordered ETA "spring". Called a couple of months ago and I think they said they were expected in April. Nothing as of yet.

I should have ordered another 3-10 NF SHV from Doug when they were on sale.

Last edited by sigguy; 05/15/20.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Traded emails recently with a rep about a trade. Was told that their next shipment will have everything BUT the 6x and 20x with no eta on those two models. Waiting on a response about eta for the known shipment.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
I
I
I was waiting on a 3-15x42 moa that I had ordered toward the end of the Black Friday. I emailed them 3-4 weeks ago and was told they will not be getting that particular scope anymore. Don’t know about any of the other ones on backorder but that one looks to be permanently unavailable

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well I was hoping to order a 6x42 for a 22 rifle I just purchased - looks like I may be looking for an alternative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The $200 sale price for the fixed models and the lengthy backorders makes me wonder if there's more to the story. It would be nice if SWFA just came out and gave a reasonable explanation rather than telling us next month every time they're asked when they'll have stock.

M
M
I called them a few weeks ago and was told they were supposed to receive 2 large shipments end of January early march but the WU FLU F'd everything up from the manufacturer in Japan, they could not give a timeline because they haven't been able to contact them in over a month

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Waited til last day of the BF sale to order two 3-9x's. Got this reply in March.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Waited til last day of the BF sale to order two 3-9x's. Got this reply in March.

April of what year?

G
gunzo Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Totally understandable about glitches in manufacturing & shipping during the current cluster flop.

But it seemed most models dried up before all the mess that we're in now.

Maybe just timing, murphy or the like.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Man this is getting annoying. I need a few scopes but have been holding out waiting for SWFA to get some in stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

And as June comes and goes.....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.