Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Seeing as how you guys are discussing generators, any suggestions on a portable model with 220-240v capabilities for use on our well if the power goes out for any length of time. Right now, it's our only semi-major issue for outages over a few hours.

Portable model on wheels would work fine. Small enough to hand carry, with enough juice for a well pump, I can deal with that too.

If you need 240V you're definitely getting into bigger generators. You'll need wheels, don't think you'll find one light to hand carry.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Seeing as how you guys are discussing generators, any suggestions on a portable model with 220-240v capabilities for use on our well if the power goes out for any length of time. Right now, it's our only semi-major issue for outages over a few hours.

Portable model on wheels would work fine. Small enough to hand carry, with enough juice for a well pump, I can deal with that too.

Have you considered solar? Check out rural power systems in Cali.

Probably out of my fixed income price range, but I'll look into it.

How much head is it?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Honda for me. The first one was a 1000W in 1984 (Hurricane). Sold it recently and it’s still running fine. Next up was a 3000W (hurricane). Then a 7000W for our small ranch. Sold the 3000 and 7000 and bought a 2200 for camping and ranch use.

If your Honda has electric start, put a battery tender on it.

Regarding 240 Volt, seems like the 3000 or the 7000 had a 240 plug. I think...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i debated honda and then checked out the predator that harbor freight sells. similiar unit and 1/3 the price and comes with good reviews. going on 3 years with using it every few months and it is nice and small and quiet. my other one had a briggs and it sound like a p51 running.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a Honda 3000 for my 23’ camper.

I wouldn’t go smaller.

Wouldn’t be scared of the Predator either if you wanted to save some bucks.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have the Honda 3000is and like it a lot. It has eco-throttle and the GX 200 engine. I wish it was fuel injected like the 7000is.

Tarquin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I love Honda but they do make some generators in China and Thailand.
I think the 2200s that were recalled were made in Thailand.
Not sure if they’re all made there.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2019/A...Generators-Due-to-Fire-and-Burn-Hazards/

I think Yamaha is making 2000s in China also.

Last edited by slip_sinker; 05/17/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This one has been perfect. Ran 2 refrigerators and a small freezer, some fans and a tv for 4 days last hurricane. Got a small window unit for the next one.
https://www.yamahagenerators.com/Yamaha-EF2400iSHC-p/ef2400ishc.htm

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We've had great luck with a Honda EG4000.

+500 hours pumping water and the only issue is running it outdoor in blizzards.

I liked it so much we bought an EG5000.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go with the 3000 Honda if it is dedicated for the camper. I used two 2000’s linked, as I used one of the 2000’s to run lights on my boat on the fall/winter.

CK
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to the wife any generator that doesn't have electric start, isn't worth a [bleep]. No matter who makes it.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You might check with one of the RV generator dealers for information on the recent updates to generator evaporative emissions law enforcement and make certain you are doing this legally. You're probably okay with a portable as long as it runs off its own built-in fuel tank, but the fines have gotten crazy, and RVs will be checked for compliance. Like I said, ask your generator dealer for their advice on how to proceed. I take it your camper doesn't already have a built-in generator?

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Have you considered solar? Check out rural power systems in Cali.

Probably out of my fixed income price range, but I'll look into it.

How much head is it?

Um, 120'???

Just a household well, not an Ag well.

Runs to a pressure tank, usual setup from the others I've seen.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I dont know if I can add much . I bought a Honda 2000 inverter in 2004 . My only regret is that I didn't put on an hr. meter. I must have 1,000 hrs on tat thing. I ran it yesterday and today up at my cabin. It will light the whole cabin , even with incadecent lights on idle. A gallon of gas on idle runs for at least 10 or more hrs. It can handle a skill saw easily. my fairly big air conditioner doesnt work well however.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a Yamaha 2400 I believe. Nice smaller generator that will run a lot of stuff. Inverter, so it will protect electronic equipment. I have a 35' Jayco 5th wheel. it will run one AC, refer, and lights. Will not run the microwave and an AC. It will "surge" to run the AC when it first starts. From what you asked for in power, it will do the job, and mine was cheaper than a Honda 2000. It will also run the freezer, and refrigerator in the house when power is out. If you want to run it all you will need a 3000 or larger. The Yamaha is also quite, and will run all night on a tank of gas. has a fuel shut off. Good when laying it up. Shut the fuel off run it till it stops, and let it sit. Starts right up when needed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You said you'd seldom use the a/c but just in case, get the model # and contact the manufacturer to see what size of gen it takes to run it. A/C's take a tremendous amount of power to start up and 2k might be marginal or not enough depending on the size of the a/c.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have the 2k Yamaha suitcase. No complaints and use it frequently. Probably the best $800 I have spent.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have a honda 3000is and a honda 2000..Both are excellent but the small 2k Honda is noisy compared, especially with a microwave....I also just bought a Westinghouse 2250 camo generator I am quite impressed with..Every bit as quiet as the Honda 2 and less than half the price...We will see how it holds up..

Onan came out with some nice portable and quiet generators they put there name on...Word is its the Westinghouse generator branded, Onan plus $150 for the name I guess...The 4500 Onan/Westinghouse runs for like 18 hours(tested on an RV) on a tank of gas and is quite quiet...

Bottom line is,my Honda 3000is is the best generator I have ever owned and perfect for an RV running my 13.5 AC without issue..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You said you'd seldom use the a/c but just in case, get the model # and contact the manufacturer to see what size of gen it takes to run it. A/C's take a tremendous amount of power to start up and 2k might be marginal or not enough depending on the size of the a/c.

My 3000 has popped at AC startup a few times. It’s minimum IMO.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork
For our new-to-us 25' camper trailer, we are considering getting a little generator for boondocking use when Mom wants to run the microwave, etc. We do not anticipate continuous use like running the air conditioner overnight, if at all. We have been looking at this one and would like to hear your experiences. I dont want any cheap Walmart junk, if I buy one it will be a quality item. Thanks.

Honda EU2200IC 2200-Watt Companion Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator

That's the one I would suggest.

I have a 2000i that powers a large upright freezer, a refrigerator/freezer, a PC and monitor, a 40" LCD TV, a radio and some lights all at the same time and only uses about 1 gallon every 12 hours.

If you get a few of the proper fittings you can run it from a larger remote tank and eliminate having to pour in the fuel.

There are many Youtubes available showing what is needed to do the conversions.

Last edited by Snyper; 05/17/20.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,860 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.