Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by JeffA
Closed the deal on this 5 minutes ago...It's for the back of my RV....

https://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/d/orlando-2017-suzuki-dr200s-dual-sport/7121571261.html

Sweet lookin ride, congrats. I think I would have a 21 inch front rim laced up to it and beefier rear tire.
Looks like your are in for a lot of fun.

Yeah i'm sure that would improve the steering and overall handling of the bike . Those stupid japs in white coats have no idea how to build a well engineered motorcycle . Cut the muffler off too - it'll get much better fuel economy and double the horsepower and torque plus sound SO badass - seen it a hunnerd times .

But, but, but, what if I don't wanit to sound badazzed? I might want to putter up on a spring bear with it....

The larger rim on the front end could interest me if there is real benefit to it.

I just wanted a light weight bike and found I wasn't able to buy a new one due to what I suppose is common sales tactics with bike dealers that I found to be a bit scamish.

How can a dealer advertise a new bike for sale at $3900.00 and then expect a customer to be cool with a out the door price of $5200.00? It happened again and again so I just went for sorta new used.....

But again, about that 21 inch rim, improved steering, handling? Really?

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

https://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/d/orlando-2017-suzuki-dr200s-dual-sport/7121571261.html

Sweet lookin ride, congrats. I think I would have a 21 inch front rim laced up to it and beefier rear tire.

Yeah i'm sure that would improve the steering and overall handling of the bike . Those stupid japs in white coats have no idea how to build a well engineered motorcycle . Cut the muffler off too - it'll get much better fuel economy and double the horsepower and torque plus sound SO badass - seen it a hunnerd times .

But, but, but, what if I don't wanit to sound badazzed? I might want to putter up on a spring bear with it....

The larger rim on the front end could interest me if there is real benefit to it.

I just wanted a light weight bike and found I wasn't able to buy a new one due to what I suppose is common sales tactics with bike dealers that I found to be a bit scamish.

How can a dealer advertise a new bike for sale at $3900.00 and then expect a customer to be cool with a out the door price of $5200.00? It happened again and again so I just went for sorta new used.....

That's the way the Yamaha dealer in Macon works.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

That's the way the Yamaha dealer in Macon works.

I just can't do it, I shop online and expect to pay taxes and such over and above but a $1500.00 manufacture delivery fee is BS.
If they advertised the real price and I had time to get my head wrapped around the numbers while shopping I'd have probably bough new.
Being I am a rookie new bike buyer I wasn't ready for the bump...

Their scam tactic cost them the sale for me...but I am a tight wad, I'd rather someone else buys new and then sacrifice to me when they wanna get rid of whatever it is they are selling....

I just bought a $65K motor home last week with 19K miles on it for $15K .
The dude was trying to buy a second home as a summer place and still had the RV financed and his bank wouldn't cut him the loan unless he paid off the RV first.
He was at risk of loosing the deal on the house and sold me the RV for pay-off.

I'm writing that deal off as a pandemic related, the house he was buying was a deal due to the owners being squeezed and needing to sell their vacation home quickly, the deal flowed down to me...

Cash in hand makes schit happen if your timing and luck is running right.

The bike wasn't as much of a steal as just a fair deal in my eyes.....a steal would'a been $1200.00 for some quick bail money or sumtin.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jeff,

Pretty much every bike shop operates that way. If you get them on the phone you have to be real clear what "out the door" means. Otherwise you may end up killing somebody when you show up to buy it. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I thought that bike came with a 21" front.

Were the '17's different?

Either way I wouldn't fugk with a damn thing. It's going to do everything you want to do on it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had one shop, 40 miles from my home that refused to give me a price over the phone.
They demanded I make an appearance.
I told them that wasn't happening, I just wanted to put it on my charge card and have them deliver it.

They let me walk, couldn't believe it...

I gained a little respect for those that at least had the balls to tell me over the phone what it was going to cost over and above their advertised price....not so smart a sales tactic in my book but it must work for them, like you say they all do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That is unfortunately VERY common with motorcycle dealers. Halls Motorsports here in the southeast is horrible with that. I won't do business with them. I have found that a good after tax, fees etc. deal is if you can walk away at MSRP. It's a fair deal for dealer and customer. For a non-current bike, you can beat that out the door price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

I thought that bike came with a 21" front.

Were the '17's different?

Either way I wouldn't fugk with a damn thing. It's going to do everything you want to do on it.

I'll have to measure it when it gets here, the guy is delivering it.
He's a pilot and flying today through Wednesday and bring it to me on Thursday morning...

I'll run it as is being it's all new.
The RV not so much, I have a 11 o'clock this morning for new rubber. The tires on it came on it and the Florida sun did it's thing on two of them so I am replacing all 6.
That beast will be heading to Montana for the summer along with the bike as soon as I get tired of the heat here....
I'm not going to wait and see how those old tires hold up on the way to Montana...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm bringing this with me when I visit tikka.

Just in case we need to make a run for provisions.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'll have to measure it when it gets here, the guy is delivering it.
He's a pilot and flying today through Wednesday and bring it to me on Thursday morning...

I'll run it as is being it's all new.
The RV not so much, I have a 11 o'clock this morning for new rubber. The tires on it came on it and the Florida sun did it's thing on two of them so I am replacing all 6.
That beast will be heading to Montana for the summer along with the bike as soon as I get tired of the heat here....
I'm not going to wait and see how those old tires hold up on the way to Montana...

Hahaha.

I don't blame you. Sounds fun. What kind of RV did you buy exactly? Sounds big pimpin'.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure your 200 takes 21" rubber. (this sounds dirty)

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Hahaha.

I don't blame you. Sounds fun. What kind of RV did you buy exactly? Sounds big pimpin'.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure your 200 takes 21" rubber. (this sounds dirty)

Well the bike is black ya know....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When shopping for a bike/car/truck the first thing I do is to visit the dealership and ask to see a written quote with all fees. Only after this are the negotiations started. The surprises are always in the "fees" involved or finding out you don't qualify for all the rebates being offered.
Pre owned bikes can often be picked up for a song if your careful and patient.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Paying retail is for phaeags. You are my hero....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't get the RV I wanted.
I got a 28ft Class C.
V8 Chevy Vortec powered on a Work-Horse one ton chassis.

I got sucked in by the 19K miles.

Everything on it checks out, drives like new, like new inside, outside is a little dirty from sitting but that is due to change.

It's far more of a boat than what I planed on but figure if it don't suit me I can sell it and get my money back or even turn a buck with it being I got into it right...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
When shopping for a bike/car/truck the first thing I do is to visit the dealership and ask to see a written quote with all fees. Only after this are the negotiations started. The surprises are always in the "fees" involved or finding out you don't qualify for all the rebates being offered.
Pre owned bikes can often be picked up for a song if your careful and patient.

I missed out on a 2016 250 Honda dual sport with 1700 miles on it for about the same money by diddlin' around.

I'd of rather had it but I didn't jump when I needed to.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just get several.

Not pictured are a CRF 80 and a TW 200.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yamaha xt225 ive owned 40 or 50 different bikes, 2500 will buy a nice used low mile one, street legal, hunt on it go to town ect,,,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got two, that's plenty enough for one guy and a dog.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
https://www.southernhonda.com/

If you're looking for a Honda always check Southern Honda. Prices advertised are OTD (unless you live in TN, then add sales tax). Even if they aren't logistically feasible, I'd still use their prices to set the bar. Some killer deals on 2019 letfovers.

2019 CRF450L $8498 OTD

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If looking for a more options, there are companies that offer kits to make true off road trail bikes street legal(in some states). One that comes to mind is Baja Designs. The kits are offered for several popular brands of 4 strokes. Tail light & head light assemblies with legal but small & out of the way turn signals, & complete wiring harness.

I my state, if you have a bill of sale or some sort of paper work showing ownership & vin, & the kit installed, a sheriffs inspection, you can get a title w/plate. And of course, a tax bill every year. When I was a younger more aggressive rider this was the route I wanted to go as true off roads are usually more capable & quite a bit lighter. Inexpensive front sprocket changes can get your road MPH pretty much where you need it.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 24 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,652
Posts18,512,756
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.