Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd really like to buy a Frontier but I've heard so many negative things about Nissans in general over the years I'm scared to pull the trigger. You can find a 4wd crew cab Frontier for a few thousand less than a Tacoma.

I have a 2013 that I bought new and now has 93000 on it. Check engine light came on about 55K, has something to do with the vent on the gas tank. Other than than, been a great rig. Will likely buy another. FWIW: Wife and I took a little road trip over the weekend and got a bit over 24 mpg.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's not a truck but close. After a lot of research my wife decided a Four Runner would best suit her needs. She goes to sewing classes and sews with a group of ladies. Needed something secure so she can lock things up and keep them out of the weather. Main thing about the Four Runner was it is still built on a frame like a truck, not uni-body construction, and has selective four wheel drive when needed out on the ranch. She started looking at older used vehicles. The price kept pushing her toward newer vehicles. Finally purchased a new 2020 for a couple thousand more than they were asking for a 2018 model. Salesman said Toyota, Nissan and Subaru hold their value better than any of the other vehicles. FWIW.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The offset crash test is the most difficult for pick up truck makers to master. Naturally, the Ford F160 did the best of all trucks tested in this important test.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by walt501
The offset crash test is the most difficult for pick up truck makers to master. Naturally, the Ford F160 did the best of all trucks tested in this important test.

Provided it runs .

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Provided it runs .

Is that pic from another blown turbo?

I refuse to do business with a company like Ford and GM who are in bed with our enemy, China, who trying to destroy the US.

Last edited by ribka; 05/19/20.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I didn't read all the posts. What is the concensus?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka

Provided it runs .

I refuse to do business with a company like Ford and GM who are in bed with our enemy, China, who trying to destroy the US.

What do you mean "in bed with our enemy China"? All major automakers do business in China, including Toyoda.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Provided it runs .

I think Ford is ok. I wish Toyota would buy them and improve their quality. GM not a phugging chance I would own one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Provided it runs .

Then by all means tell me, which auto company should we be doing business with???

[Linked Image from dw.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to know the salesman in the middle east that specializes in White Toyota crew cabs

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think Ford is ok. I wish Toyota would buy them and improve their quality. GM not a phugging chance I would own one.

When you say "Improve their quality", does that mean an F150 will be the same vehicle for the next 14 years, like the Toyoda Tundra?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You boys got this all sorted out yet?

My question is what kind of guy needs this much help picking out a truck.

Someone needs a man card.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

When you say "Improve their quality", does that mean an F150 will be the same vehicle for the next 14 years, like the Toyoda Tundra?

Please explain the benefit exchanging something that works well and does everything you ask of it in favor or something unproven?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Design it properly from the Start, not change it constantly because it was not engineered right the first time. I had a 2016 F150 , Ford bought it back when it turned 6500 on the ODO. I loved the truck not the reliablity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Please explain the benefit exchanging something that works well and does everything you ask of it in favor or something unproven?

Just to clarify, I assume you ride a horse?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Just to clarify, I assume you ride a horse?

I’m not comparing a horse to a truck. I’m comparing a truck to a truck. Unless you’re now talking about flying cars vs. present day truck?.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/19/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Design it properly from the Start, not change it constantly because it was not engineered right the first time. I had a 2016 F150 , Ford bought it back when it turned 6500 on the ODO. I loved the truck not the reliablity.

You forget that Toyoda had the same problems with the Tundra when it came out. Everything from exploding cam shafts to collapsing tailgates plagued the original Tundra. In fact, the problems were so bad that Toyoda CEO little Akio Toyoda cried when he was called on the carpet by congress and said "Tundra brings us shame". So going by what you say, you'd never buy a Tundra because they weren't designed correctly in the first place? Hmmm???

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You forget that Toyoda had the same problems with the Tundra when it came out. Everything from exploding cam shafts to collapsing tailgates plagued the original Tundra. In fact, the problems were so bad that Toyoda CEO little Akio Toyoda cried when he was called on the carpet by congress and said "Tundra brings us shame". So going by what you say, you'd never buy a Tundra because they weren't designed correctly in the first place? Hmmm???

I am not discounting your fairy tale, I understand they had some issues with the new Tundra in 2007 but they were quickly resolved. I bought one brand new and only issue was a defective Michelin tire. I bought a brand new 2016 Ford 150 4wd eco boost 3.5 and the vacuum system failed. Hubs trying to engage at highway speeds ?????? You see Ford keeps redesigning the system that engages their hubs. They should have designed it right from the start. The shop was in contact with Ford Engineers for a month and could not figure out what the F was wrong with it. It was a Lemon. Out of all the cars and trucks in my life the only LEMON. Hmmmmm?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I am not discounting your fairy tale, I understand they had some issues with the new Tundra in 2007 but they were quickly resolved. I bought one brand new and only issue was a defective Michelin tire. I bought a brand new 2016 Ford 150 4wd eco boost 3.5 and the vacuum system failed. Hubs trying to engage at highway speeds ?????? You see Ford keeps redesigning the system that engages their hubs. They should have designed it right from the start. The shop was in contact with Ford Engineers for a month and could not figure out what the F was wrong with it. It was a Lemon. Out of all the cars and trucks in my life the only LEMON. Hmmmmm?

My Tundra was a 2008. Drove it for twelve years as previously stated and still got an awesome trade in when I got the the Tacoma last year. Could’ve sold it for even more if I’d wanted to. Or could’ve just kept right on driving the Tundra for another twelve if I didn’t want the Tacoma.

This guy wants it both ways. First he says it’s a bad thing to have the same proven design for too long. Then he makes use in the argument that a first year design was bad.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 05/19/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought a a 2019 Silverado LTZ last fall. Some things I love, others not so much. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired but still better than any Toyota I have heard about. The engine transmission combination has to be driven to be believed. Love the 5.3 with 8 speed.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,262
Posts18,486,476
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.