Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Theeck
It’s nice to have options but I can’t see why you would choose this over a similarly priced CRF150F (or CRF250).

It is different, though, and may develop a cult following. I hope it does. It looks like a fun toy to play around with.

Street legal ?

The Honda Trail 90 I had in the 70's was.

Problem was, even though it was licensed, I wasn't. frown

Got a ticket for that.

(I was in Jr. High. Not old enough for a MC license.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you count the Cub street version going back to the Honda 50 through the 90 and 110, they've sold over 100 million of these world wide, the highest selling vehicle of all time by a very wide margin, so they have their place.

Anybody remember Silver Bullet? Big tall fellow, about 6' 6" or thereabouts. I may be misremembering this but I believe he used to post about riding a Trail 90 all over Oregon on scouting trips and coyote hunting.

So far I haven't heard anything about a dual hi/low range transmission like the 90 and 110, supposedly the "extra power" of the 125 (all is relative wink ) won't need a dual range. I think for the 'Murica market they'd need to have that but if the gearing's right I guess they could get away without it.

Useful little machines, light and easy to ride. With 100,000,000 sold Honda got something right.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice moped, but I like my Kawasaki better.

I took a lot of lunch money from kids who used to ride things like that. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]ethanol stations near me

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAS

LOL.

I used to ride my Trail 90 through hundreds of miles of oilfield and ranch roads. No pavement. Rough roads and mud puddles.

Strap on a rod and reel, and put the tackle box on that rack in the back.

In dove season, I'd cart a shotgun and a couple boxes of sheels out, and hide that trail 90 under a mesquite tree, and shoot a limit of dove at a stock pond.

Again... No paved roads. None wanted.

Different machines for different purposes.

That old Trail 90 I had sure made for some nice memories. Nobody took my lunch money either. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I owned & played with Trail 90 back in the day & kinda liked it. My little brother absolutely loved it. Folks didn't get it, it had a niche but few recognized it.

Semi excited when I heard of the new one & it being a 125 made it sound better. Can't find talk of the dual range trans being part of the new one. That, IMO, was the ace in the hole for the whole concept.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Trail 90's have a cult following for a reason.

If this one has the dual range transmission, (and it is rumored that they do) it would be a pretty cool bike.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I want to like this bike but I can't figure out what it could do (other than go on pavement - slowly - if set up for it) that a small, two-wheel drive 4-wheeler couldn't do better for similar money. Is this the major differentiator?

RS

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The new one looks interesting, but I don't like the price. I have had a bunch of Trail 90's over the years, and still have a matched pair of 1969's. One has a Powrell 110 kit on it. One was given to me, the other I payed $100 for. So easy to fix, and no issues getting parts, new or used. Kids love them, they will go literately anywhere one has any business going on a motorcycle. I haven't done it yet but I have no doubt I could haul a deer out with one. Not that fast, but will go 55+ in high range. Climb a tree in low range if you could get traction. About indestructible as well. As long as there is gas and oil they will run.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Trail 90 can go many, many places a 4 wheeler will not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smithrjd

No doubt!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RAS

Man, I hope you're just joking. Cause a bully is about the biggest POS I can remember from my school days & hope you weren't one of those.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RipSnort
I want to like this bike but I can't figure out what it could do (other than go on pavement - slowly - if set up for it) that a small, two-wheel drive 4-wheeler couldn't do better for similar money. Is this the major differentiator?

RS

Ride it to town or on country roads - legally ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

No doubt!

Try a little steep side hill'ing on a quad , be careful though a quad might very well roll all the way to the bottom . Sometimes that damages them .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

No doubt!

Try a little steep side hill'ing on a quad , be careful though a quad might very well roll all the way to the bottom . Sometimes that damages them .

Been there done that. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It’s nice to have options but I can’t see why you would choose this over a similarly priced CRF150F (or CRF250).

It is different, though, and may develop a cult following. I hope it does. It looks like a fun toy to play around with.

Street legal ?

What would be the point of a headlight, tail light, and turn signals if it weren't intended to be street legal?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The new one, and the old one are a different kinda of riding, no hurry, where does this trail go? Lets find out. It will get there. Not fast, but fun. I have ridden for dang, 50+ years, raced Motocross and Enduro. Had many fire breathing monsters. Bultaco's, Husky's, Maico 501, Cannodale, XR650 with a HRC kit (700cc) etc. The little Honda is plain fun and relaxing. It doesn't break down, and gets about 100MPG. If it falls over or gets stuck I can pick it up. A lot of things to like.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rabst

Street legal ?

What would be the point of a headlight, tail light, and turn signals if it weren't intended to be street legal?

I've lived in a few different states , to my knowledge '''street legal''' is determined by the Title of the bike saying offroad use or ?. .
There are definately non street legal bikes that do have headlight/tailight not sure on signals/horn .

Use to be able to get bikes titled by putting light package and horn - yayhoos were putting street tires on 500cc MX bikes so those laws went away quick .
I tried to find ways around it but couldn't .
I have a 1980 Kawasaki KDX 250R that's street legal - has a magneto - horn/head&tail lights/signals don't work if motor is off . Doesn't even have a key .
Pure motocross bike engine with heavier flywheel it'll wheelie on a 3rd to 4th gear shift if you want it to . 756 actual miles bought it from the second owner , he bought it from the original owner who lived four houses down on the other side of the street . Original owner bought it when he retired - used it as transportation while motorhoming .

https://powersports.honda.com/off-road/trail/crf250f

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If a bike has full lights, signals, and horn it's going to be street legal in every state.

Some states don't have these requirements.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The new one, and the old one are a different kinda of riding, no hurry, where does this trail go? Lets find out. It will get there. Not fast, but fun. I have ridden for dang, 50+ years, raced Motocross and Enduro. Had many fire breathing monsters. Bultaco's, Husky's, Maico 501, Cannodale, XR650 with a HRC kit (700cc) etc. The little Honda is plain fun and relaxing. It doesn't break down, and gets about 100MPG. If it falls over or gets stuck I can pick it up. A lot of things to like.

The folks who have never been on a bunch of fast bikes seem to be the ones who don't understand small bikes . I understand that - they want to ripass and have the thrill of speed etc. and know that a small bike won't thrill them .

Posted by Bristoe
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by RAS

Man, I hope you're just joking. Cause a bully is about the biggest POS I can remember from my school days & hope you weren't one of those.

Just joking, lol. Never took a dime from anyone.

I hope I didn’t bring up some bad memories of you hearing your stomach growling in the school lunchroom. smile

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.