Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by oldguns
So...lets all listen to Trump.........lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

.... and drink a quart of Clorox tomorrow - it'll kill the virus.

I think a cup would fix you right up. Gee, what president said Hydroxychloroquine seemed to work well but was attacked for that by your commie buds on the left. He will be proven right, again.

You, OTOH, will be proven to be a Dumb Jack Schiett, again.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/18/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Quick, before the hosting site takes this down grin

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Problem is, we will never know the truth about any of this, nor will we know if the shelter in place was the right move or the wrong move. To many invested in their opinions to get at the truth.

We know it was the wrong move. I knew it was the wrong move back when it was just being contemplated. The numbers of dead bodies NOT being stacked like cordwood agree with me. Just roughly the same number of dead as would be expected during cold/flu season. (By the way, the USA and other nations all the sudden became nigh immune to pneumonia and seasonal flu this year, according to the gov't numbers. Funny, that.)

SHOW ME THE BODIES if you want to convince me otherwise. Stories of megadeath WITHOUT bodies are just fables and propaganda propagated by the ignorant, gullible and malevolent.

OK, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. No offence, but your argument doesn't make sense.

We shut down the whole freakin' country so that we could "flatten the curve", not overwhelm the hospitals, and not have bodies stacked like cord wood. People would argue that because we shut everything down that we "flattened the curve", the hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and we don't have bodies stacked up like cord wood. They would say that we didn't experience the megadeath because of the shut down. So there's no bodies to show you because instead of having a million of them, we only have 85000. Personally, I think their original estimates were total BS to begin with.

Here's my argument. Now that the curve has been flattened, the hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and bodies aren't stacked up like cord wood, it's time to open things back up. They accomplished what they wanted, along with destroying the economy, so we need to turn this ship around now.

We'll never know whether or not the shut down prevented the spread of the Kung Flu. I'd be inclined to think it probably did to a degree. However, I'm not sure if it was worth it. Fauci has been wrong around every corner. He's an advisor, so he needs to stick to advising and stop commenting about it on every MSM show he can find.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/18/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Problem is, we will never know the truth about any of this, nor will we know if the shelter in place was the right move or the wrong move. To many invested in their opinions to get at the truth.

We know it was the wrong move. I knew it was the wrong move back when it was just being contemplated. The numbers of dead bodies NOT being stacked like cordwood agree with me. Just roughly the same number of dead as would be expected during cold/flu season. (By the way, the USA and other nations all the sudden became nigh immune to pneumonia and seasonal flu this year, according to the gov't numbers. Funny, that.)

SHOW ME THE BODIES if you want to convince me otherwise. Stories of megadeath WITHOUT bodies are just fables and propaganda propagated by the ignorant, gullible and malevolent.

OK, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. No offence, but your argument doesn't make sense.

We shut down the whole freakin' country so that we could "flatten the curve", not overwhelm the hospitals, and not have bodies stacked like cord wood. People would argue that because we shut everything down that we "flattened the curve", the hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and we don't have bodies stacked up like cord wood. So there's no bodies to show you because instead of having a million of them, we only have 85000.

Here's my argument. Now that the curve has been flattened, the hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and bodies aren't stacked up like cord wood, it's time to open things back up. They accomplished what they wanted, along with destroying the economy, so we need to turn this ship around now.

We'll never know whether or not the shut down prevented the spread of the Kung Flu. I'd be inclined to think it probably did to a degree. However, I'm not sure if it was worth it. Fauci has been wrong around every corner. He's an advisor, so he needs to stick to advising and stop commenting about it on every MSM show he can find.

Well said.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think Fauci likes being in front of the camera to get the word out

Last edited by hookeye; 05/18/20.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
I think Fauci likes being in front of the camera to get the word out

I think you're right.

Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by oldguns
So...lets all listen to Trump.........lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

.... and drink a quart of Clorox tomorrow - it'll kill the virus.

Did he give $3.7 million to Wuhan Labs, like your hero the Zero?

$150 billion to Iran. Oh, you never thought about questioning that.

Remember Zero saying Hydroxychloroquine looked very promising? I didnt think so.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

We shut down the whole freakin' country so that we could "flatten the curve", not overwhelm the hospitals, and not have bodies stacked like cord wood. People would argue that because we shut everything down that we "flattened the curve", the hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and we don't have bodies stacked up like cord wood. They would say that we didn't experience the megadeath because of the shut down. So there's no bodies to show you because instead of having a million of them, we only have 85000. Personally, I think their original estimates were total BS to begin with.

Give credit where credit is due.

My valiant garden gnomes--installed soon after Kung Flu became a thing--were responsible for averting Kung Flu Megadeath(1). Not any shut down social-distance mask-wearing mumbojumbo. My garden gnomes demand recognition as heroes. Please go out on your porch and bang pots in their honor like the Brits do for nurses and doctors.

===========

Post hoc ergo proctor hoc is no way to reason, stonecutter. Your argument is the one lacking in reason and requires one of the logical fallacies so ancient it has its own name. OTOH, my argument relies on easily counted dead bodies. Of which there are no more than we expect in the usual cold/flu season. To get even that many, CDC and insurance companies have directed that any death that looks kind-sorta like Kung Flu be counted as Kung Flu. Even if in previous non-social-panic(2) years they would have been counted as dying from pneumonia or flu.

(1) They have also fought off the invisible miniature rhinos that threatened to eat up my azaleas. My proof being that my azaleas are perfectly healthy and not collected in a mound of invisible mini rhino poop. Post hoc ergo proctor hoc FTW!

(2) This might help:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_panic
A social panic is a state where a social or community group reacts negatively and in an extreme or irrational manner to unexpected or unforeseen changes in their expected social status quo...

The Elite-Engineered Model explains that social panics are exaggerated or invented problems created by elites or people who are considered higher among others in society. These type of people produce fear among the other classes over an issue that is not considered dangerous to the society. The reason for these actions is to redirect the attention away from the problems that impact the elite or those in power...

The media plays a crucial part in delivering social reaction. According to Stanley Cohen, there are three processes that the media expresses: Exaggeration and distortion, prediction, and symbolization...

In this process, the media can "over-report" with their choice of words...Furthermore, the headlines used by the media might cause society to act irrationally to a story about minor issues...

This is where the media speculates that an incident might occur again. The media can report that an event will occur in the future, which is not always the case...

This involves stereotypes, words and images that possess symbolic powers that can cause different emotions...

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
jfruser, don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I think they over reacted with the shut down. Now, they continue to over react by keeping the shut down going. I'm just saying that the proponents of the shut down, along with the MSM, would argue that because we shut the country down that millions of people didn't die. Thus there are no dead bodies to show you because they believe that the shut down worked. Now that their plan worked (in their eyes), I think that it's time to re-open the economy.

I need to get some of those garden gnomes because those damned miniature rhinos have been tearing up my azaleas. grin

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stonecutter,

My sarcasmometer has been off of late. Apologies.

Will speak with the local garden gnome commander about an air drop, though his boys have been mighty busy with an infestation of ethereal diminuative gnus down the street. As everyone knows, the enmity between gnomes and gnus is severe owing to the claim, by the gnomes, to the exclusive use of the silent G. Prying gnomes away from that conflict may be difficult.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
So, does that mean you can/can't get it from someone who
does not yet show symptoms?

It's all a lie from the Democratic leftists making every last attempt to destroy our rights, our Constitution, our economy & our nation.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,996
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.