-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't use low range on mine all that often because I dropped the counter sprocket by one tooth and that works fine for trail riding. Suspect that I'll put trial universal less aggressive tires on it the next time than the front and back knobbies that are on it now. The knobbies are better off road, but there is some blacktop between trails where I go. I've been all over the map on trail bikes from a 50cc Yamaha Mini Enduro to an oversize Triumph TR6C 650 with high pipes and a god-awful fast Husqvarna with a quarter turn throttle that kept trying to leave without me. The Honda CT110 has worked the best of any of them for how I use them. You might think the same thing and not have to buy a dozen of them to find that out.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Honda CT line has sold more motor vehicles than any other machine in history - by a wide margin .
There are many thousands of them of every continent .

I tried to put up 5 or 6 different videos on the new Hunter Cub in my post above -''if the hills weren't so steep'' none would work .

The range of the new 125 Cub is 225 miles on 5.3 liters of gasoline .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
5.3 liters = 1.4gal. gasoline .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
5.3 liters = 1.4gal. gasoline .

LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep, the old/new Trail 90 is getting expensive. I have been offered $1500 for one i paid $100 for. Not for sale. Had a Rickman with a Triumph TR6C engine if anyone remembers those. My pair of '69 Trail 90's get about 100MPG. one has the Powrell 110 kit.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It's true - met lots of great folks at the MX track while riding my CR500R .
Once i had the choke set for high idle warm-up as it ping-ping-ding-popped it was making little dust tornadoes 2' tall back about 15ft. behind the bike . A lady broke out a vide-ah camera and vide-ah it .

FYI that was in Kentwood , LA. home of Kentwood bottled water and Britney Spears home town - FYI over .

Posted by Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wow!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tell me if you guys are seeing what I'm seeing here.

[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]

First off, look at DMc's pic with the three kids just above and note the HONDA lettering - red letters outlined in black. That is correct for a 1980-82ish model. The one I'm looking at has the H and A okay but the white OND has me wondering. Those white letters aren't correct for any year that I know, but could have been rubbed by something like a bag carrier? That would indicate a lot of riding. Or would there be some logical reason for that?

The axle seems pretty far back, note the amount of space in front where you adjust chain tension. Could be just the way it is but most pics I've seen show that more forward, it should be in the center of the adjustment range. Again, a sign of long use if the chain's stretched enough that it had to be adjusted that far back.

Anybody know what would cause the discoloration on the top of the headlight? Exposure to sun or something?

Not getting paranoid and don't want to accuse the seller of being dishonest from the get go but I'm seeing signs that would belie 278 original miles here and want to be forearmed when I go to look at it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I see is some real schitty spray paint work, there are two different colors of red going on there. Forget your forensic's on period correct letter colors and think over-spray from a down and dirty cover up of a sun baked bike.

The area on top the headlight housing is a give away, look right in the middle of the bike above the side case cover where the colors changes, he taped the back part of it off. The top of that center divider would have faded like the headlight area would have so he spray painted it. same with the front fender and the base the seat is bolted to. The seat is surly been redone, hell it looks new..

Don't mean cause it sat out in the sun for years that the miles aren't correct but I can think of a thousand other things such as sun baked brittle wiring or if he didn't just drag a partial bike up outta some where and pieced that thing together...

If he'd do as crappy of a paint job as it looks as if has been done, what else would he of found acceptable when applying his restoration talents?

Leg guard is missing off the exhaust pipe right where ya need it to.

I wouldn't drive too far to look at it unless he had it posted at a give-away price..

IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I rarely see the Suzuki RV90 mentioned here.

My first bike was a Yamaha JT60 when I was 6 and sometime after my Dad brought home an RV90. I was so short he took the seat off so I could ride it but that bit my ass hard so I asked him to put the seat back on it and learned at first to do the midget dismount and later to tripod.

It was fun and climbed like a mule.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by RDW; 05/20/20.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good eye. I noticed the change in color shading between the center frame cover and the rear swing arm but now that you point it out I can see that color change real clearly on the back half of the body work. Looks like something going on right at the front of the front fender as well, kind of splotchy looking. The right side mirror is missing and the other one is definitely after market.

Been reading some on line articles about checking out used motorcycles in general, smithrjd gave me some good mechanical advice on the other trail bike thread and I've read the owner's manual front to back. Got a two page checklist of things to look at when I get there.

Still keeping an open mind but will definitely approach this with a critical eye.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm not as up to date on the later ones, as I am on the CT90. Definitively paint over spray on the red. I'm also not used to seeing blacked out brakes drums, nor the blacked out spot on the clutch cover. The chain adjustment could be a chain a link or two too long. Almost looks like the engine case was painted silver as well. They normally have a clear coat. Headlight was either silver, most were matching IE in this case red. I would like to see the other side of the bike.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is a "correct" 1982 CT110 as listed here: https://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CT110

[Linked Image from cyclechaos.com]

The one I'm looking at again for comparison.

[Linked Image from images.craigslist.org]

The bike looks to be correct enough for the model year with the blacked out drums and spot on the engine case. Also it looks like the frame cover is plastic, in the top pic you can see the shading difference where it meets the upper end of the frame bar.

Originally Posted by smithrjd
...I would like to see the other side of the bike.

Yeah, you and me both. wink Gotta wait until Friday morning at the earliest for that.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Jim, remember, he works on them. Likely buys low, sells high. Stickers, paint, cleaning....

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Painted kickstarter? No pipe shield.

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sun fade on the headlight, looks to be a new seat cover as well. Original most likely had HONDA on the rear. The one on the porch is the ones I know best.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If it ran well and was a good price I wouldn't care if it was dipped in Rhino Guard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDW
I rarely see the Suzuki RV90 mentioned here.

My first bike was a Yamaha JT60 when I was 6 and sometime after my Dad brought home an RV90. I was so short he took the seat off so I could ride it but that bit my ass hard so I asked him to put the seat back on it and learned at first to do the midget dismount and later to tripod.

It was fun and climbed like a mule.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Gold star!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Seems they hit a marketing homerun catering to all us older farts who had, or wanted, a mini bike when we were kids.
Sign me up. I don't care if I ride it around the yard, I want one, lol.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.