Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Honestly they are mostly absurd, but I'm talking the practices put in place for our apparent protection that are just plain ridiculous. For example, our town has 3 grocery stores. One of them will bag your purchases as usual and provides bags, the other will not bag them for you and insists you bring your own bag, and the last forbids you from bringing your own bag, you can bag your purchases with one they provide.So safety.

The local McD's will not give you your drinks without a tray if you order more than 2 drinks. Somehow taking both drinks and placing them in a holder is super safe, handing them to a customer is not.

Most of the local stores that were graciously permitted to remain open shortened their hours considerably, but made no attempts to limit the amount of people coming into the store. So, since there was a smaller window in which to shop, people piled into the stores to make their purchases. Totally unforeseeable. Oh yeah, nobody died either....weird.

It was pretty obvious right near the beginning that a lot of these stores were simply doing things in order to be seen to be doing something. It had nothing to do with actually keeping people safe, basically a corporate form of virtue signaling far as I can tell.

What other over the top nonsense have you seen out there? There seems to be no upper limit to peoples stupidity with this thing, so there must be some good ones.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From renegade's self checkout thread:

Originally Posted by Raeford
Local Kroger closed down one half of their self checkout lanes due to the Rona for some dumbfukin reason....bastids!

No control over who's touching the buttons?

Easier with half shut down to "disinfect" the ones being used? (do they even attempt it?)

weird times, one store in town says if you bring your own bags to leave them in the cart............don't put them on the conveyor. Bag the goodies yourself. But that doesn't stop some runny nosed kid from reaching up and pawing the belt, counter, card machine, etc? But they have a plexiglass screen in front of where you talk to the pretty girl ringing up your food. (don't tell anyone, I handled a good dozen cantaloupe trying to find 2 good ones)

Another store a quarter mile away doesn't even want you to bring your bags in, have to use their bags (paper or reusable plastic), which they are not charging for. So they're "safe" from anything you bring in on your bags...............but, they don't even have the plexiglass goodies.

Local Rez gas station gives away a coffee or fountain drink with a fill-up. Stopped the other day, went in to pee, asked if they were still doing it. Yep the gal says. I look over, no cups, straws, napkins, creamers, etc on the fountain counters. She asks me what I want and says she has to pour it for me, that way folks aren't touching all the stuff.

All this crap must be working................our county still doesn't have a case of ...The Corona.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
anything that negroes do to their cars

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fugging chinese
Fugging every fugging thing up.

#neutronbombbejing

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Guy walking down a rural road wayyyy alone wearing a mask.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Does his county have a case of The Corona yet?

If not................he's helping and it's working! whistle

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Same fuggin K-Roger's also closed 2 of 3 exits/entrances [one of which made life real easy for quick trips and had 2 hidden self checkouts somewhat hidden].

So now everybody is herded in through one entry and one exit.

And then FoodLion, bastages put all of the small carts in storage somewhere so you have to use the massive carts.

It's a conspiracy!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Meskins cooking and their attire

Last edited by hanco; 05/20/20.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Does his county have a case of The Corona yet?

If not................he's helping and it's working! whistle

Yah, success! A model citizen....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco

There are way too many exposed hairy nipples and shoulder blades in many ethnic kitchens.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Owen Nolan (former NHL player) posted in Twitter today, that he took his son golfing. They live together, drove the car to the golf course together, and would be golfing together... but they weren't allowed to ride outdoors in the same golf cart together.

Stupid.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1. An African American woman and her offspring wearing clear trash bags as shirts along with latex gloves and dust masks at Wal-Mart. They were so busy trying to social distance from everyone in a practically deserted store that momma hit an end cap display and knocked everything onto the floor in order to avoid me. 2. (Pre-Rona) but still good, saw an African American girl who resembled Precious eating baby powder from the shaker. Lips over the top and tap and squeeze. Schit you not.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by xxclaro
It was pretty obvious right near the beginning that a lot of these stores were simply doing things in order to be seen to be doing something. It had nothing to do with actually keeping people safe, basically a corporate form of virtue signaling far as I can tell.

This has pissed me off more than anything else about all this BS. Have not gone to Costco since May 3rd, last day they let you in without a ninja mask. Now they require it. I take a picture of every Sam's Club receipt and send it to Costco telling them this could have been their money. I am cancelling my membership June 1 if they don't get over themselves. I won't wear something to make other people "feel" better. I can't and don't go through life worrying about the opinions of strangers that are in no way based in fact. Which is what these policies are all about: feelings.

That scarf on your face and that plexiglass won't keep you or the cashier safe from all the items you both touched before leaving the store. Or the gloves the cashier has been wearing for 3 hours. Or the conveyor belt that hasn't been sanitized since close of business yesterday. Insanity.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911
Owen Nolan (former NHL player) posted in Twitter today, that he took his son golfing. They live together, drove the car to the golf course together, and would be golfing together... but they weren't allowed to ride outdoors in the same golf cart together.

Stupid.

Did you ever get to see him play live in SJ?

One of my favorite players. Some might say a shining example of what a hockey player should be.

Back on topic, for the majority of my life I have thought rules to be unimportant, some even hilariously illogical................

that is all rules except the ones I make up. cool

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

There are way too many exposed hairy nipples and shoulder blades in many ethnic kitchens.

Probably can be said of the Amish too?

Well, maybe not, them gals keep pretty well clothed and any respectable Old Order fella would never be caught working in a kitchen. Fixin' something in his overalls without a shirt maybe.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Scheidt, I forgot all about the little arrows on the floor of one of the groceries in town. I don't follow the arrows in parking lots, why would they think I would follow them down the aisles in the store?

In it is contentment

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Truck stop down the road from me won't let me bring in a travel mug and fill it. Nobody is going to touch the mug but me yet they want me to get one of the Styrofoam cups from a stack that anyone can touch or sneeze on. That makes NO sense to me.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

That scarf on your face and that plexiglass won't keep you or the cashier safe from all the items you both touched before leaving the store. Or the gloves the cashier has been wearing for 3 hours. Or the conveyor belt that hasn't been sanitized since close of business yesterday. Insanity.

PREZACTLY! Stupidest schitt I’ve ever seen. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

Probably can be said of the Amish too?

Are you calling me AMISH???

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duck911

Stupid.

Did you ever get to see him play live in SJ?

One of my favorite players. Some might say a shining example of what a hockey player should be.

Yes, had season tickets for 3 or 4 years in college, would drive down from Chico for every game. Owen Nolan was a PREMIER power forward, the epitome of what a power forward should be: offensively gifted, gritty, tough, able to drop the gloves. He could score 2 goals, have an assist, and spend 17 minutes in the penalty box, all in one game.

He, along with Clowe, Sturm, Marleau, Falloon, and Makarov are some of my all time favorites. Die hard Sharks fan. I never miss a game.

Last edited by duck911; 05/20/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,777
Posts18,477,000
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.