Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That's nice!

Being as you are a painter...

And have a Van...

is your name Vincent?

Vincent Van Go? laugh laugh

Sheesh..

between you

and that Alaska dude's "Joe King" humor this place is losing its touch.

wink

And, before I finished reading your whole post, I figured you were referring to some serial killer I saw on the ID Channel's "dead people" shows (That's what my wife calls my true crime shows)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11879398/

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Dang, after looking at the pic of the van you're done with and getting rid of, and the pic from the show.................

is there something you're not telling us Beav?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nice job on the van, Beav.

I painted houses for 20+ years before I quit in 04' when the kids showed up. After all those years I came to the conclusion that painters, if they stick with it long enough, will follow one of three path's. They either become drunks/drug addicts from breathing fumes all day, go insane from the tedious work and crazy clients, or become enlightened mental giants through constant meditation whilst slinging a brush.

I'd say you have found the path to enlightenment unless you are a high functioning drunk laugh but I doubt that's the case.
May the Kilz be with you.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Nice job on the van, Beav.

I painted houses for 20+ years before I quit in 04' when the kids showed up. After all those years I came to the conclusion that painters, if they stick with it long enough, will follow one of three path's. They either become drunks/drug addicts from breathing fumes all day, go insane from the tedious work and crazy clients, or become enlightened mental giants through constant meditation whilst slinging a brush.

I'd say you have found the path to enlightenment unless you are a high functioning drunk laugh but I doubt that's the case.
May the Kilz be with you.

LMAO....That’s a pretty accurate statement, especially painters on the coast. My dad told me if I wanted to work for myself and make a good living, paint on the Oregon Coast. A lot of the Trades here have abuse issues, or don’t want to work if the fishing turns on. Customers have a hard time just getting their calls returned for lookin at work.

It’s been like this forever where contractors don’t show up. Makes me money by just calling a potential customer back, then showing up to bid the work...Exterior fumes aren’t too bad with typical coastal winds. More of an issue watching overspray on a neighbors home, deck, or rigs in the driveway.

Interior painting....Sheesh, I’m high as hell all the time from breathing fumes. Laffin 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
That's nice!

And have a Van...

is your name Vincent?

Sheesh..

between you

and that Alaska dude's "Joe King" humor this place is losing its touch.

wink

And, before I finished reading your whole post, I figured you were referring to some serial killer I saw on the ID Channel's "dead people" shows (That's what my wife calls my true crime shows)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11879398/

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Dang, after looking at the pic of the van you're done with and getting rid of, and the pic from the show.................

is there something you're not telling us Beav?

I have an iron clad alibi...Candy falling outta my pocket and a puppy doesn’t make me culpable. 😂😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Congrats on the new van and awesome work, Beave!

Nice touch giving the old one to the landscaper.

Thanks LD...Rough cutting and screwing timber together is a close as I can get to finish carpentry. The rest gets caulked in and painted. Laffin 😎

Liquid joinery bro. hahaha

Nice job on the van it looks sharp inside and out. Unlike the old one, tell me you'll wash this one, at least once? smirk

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's nice!

And have a Van...

is your name Vincent?

I can paint with either hand equally well....If I was painting a self portrait. I would keep all my face appendages and include a black dong like the picture Kingston keeps floating around, just to make my portrait authentic. 😬😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303

Thanks LD...Rough cutting and screwing timber together is a close as I can get to finish carpentry. The rest gets caulked in and painted. Laffin 😎

Nice job on the van it looks sharp inside and out. Unlike the old one, tell me you'll wash this one, at least once? smirk

Hey Salty,

Hope you’re doing good up North!

Yes Sir, I promise to do a better job washing the exterior of the new van. Need to clear a place inside the shop for it to sit during the fall and winter months while I’m hunting and fishing.

The salt water and moisture kills the work van. If you saw the undercarriage of the old van, you’d question how it hadn’t separated from the frame...It’s completely rusted out.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

He lives on the coast...............it gets washed by Ma Nature regularly. Quite frequently from October-March no doubt.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Stabbin cabin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah I lived literally on the coast for quite a while. All that rain makes your rig look nice and clean all the time smile Till your roof rack starts dribbling rust tracks down the body and the frame and everything bolted to it starts to look like it just got pulled up from the bottom of the sea frown

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah I lived literally on the coast for quite a while. All that rain makes your rig look nice and clean all the time smile Till your roof rack starts dribbling rust tracks down the body and the frame and everything bolted to it starts to look like it just got pulled up from the bottom of the sea frown

Scrape off the rusty scale and paint paint paint every year. Whatever color "white" you have hangin' around. It works on tugs and fishing boats............no problem on a van.

Of course, until you get it in the yard for a rebuild and can sandblast it, your van will just gain a few pounds every year. Whatever solids are left after the volatiles are gone!

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's nice!

And have a Van...

is your name Vincent?

Good one!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Scrape off the rusty scale and paint paint paint every year. Whatever color "white" you have hangin' around. It works on tugs and fishing boats............no problem on a van.

Of course, until you get it in the yard for a rebuild and can sandblast it, your van will just gain a few pounds every year. Whatever solids are left after the volatiles are gone!

Vehicles that live outside near the big briny are biodegradable that's all there is to it

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Stabbin cabin

I’m old...I like a bed with big fluffy pillows and not smelling like unleaded gas.

But, if the customer was smokin hot....I’d smash in the van. (If I was a single, I mean)

😬😎

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
All I know is if you buy a van or truck designated as a "Commercial Vehicle" the insurance is over the moon. My semi-retired electrician bought one a while back and found out the hard way. He found out he should have done what you did and bought a large van and converted it. He said he might have to go back to full time just to pay for his work van. I don't know if he got rid of it or not.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Rattle can white a few times a year to cover the rust streaks from the ladder rack. She’s ready to roll and make money. 😎

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S
My wife nephew moved up here few yrs back. Bought a similar van like yours. He left it here and moved to Juneau with promises he would come a get it and left the heaping pile of chit at our house. It started off on the side of the house then in the back yard.. I needed it gone, wife had it sold to some Samoans for $1000 bucks but her nephew being the die hard Rez Indian thought thing was a block of gold and wanted more money. Samoans walked and guess what was a lawn ornament at my house. You guessed the white rape van.
So my bud has a place kind of has collage of wrecked cars asked him to keep over there. He said sure, so I fire this pile up, which was a miracle. I take off down the road I get over 40 ph ucking thing starts to shake like the ph ucking space shuttle on re-entry. When you stop at stop signs or lights thing barely runs. So we make it my buds and leave it. My wife gets ahold of her nephew, this is where it gets good. He says him and his brother applied for passports and are going to drive this ph ucking thing through canada. I told the wife that pile of chit won’t make it to glennallen 160 miles away.
Well my bud goes and falls in love moves to anchorage, decides to rent his place asked me to move it. So I get one of my buds to help me I get it started and begin the cross town adventure. Same thing shakes real bad idle gotten worse, transmission slipping like like retard at a water park.
I park in front of the house and this past Halloween me and the wife decorated it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The ph ucking thing still in the front yard, I need to make this thing disappear or give it to a Samoan family let them deal with the title

LOL!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice work rig Beav -

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (270cowboy, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 43 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,015
Posts18,520,703
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.