Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by md44815
Exactly there is no upper berm at all , nothing nada and his dug out hole is washing away with all the Florida rain we get because he didn't even reinforce that so his 12 ft hole is slowly filling up and becoming smaller and smaller making it even more dangerous

Explain how you are only 200’ rather than 500’ from the firing line.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I agree with Misty. That is definitely unsafe.

A bunch of us got together and bought 80 acres out in the coungtry. We made some backstops. After awhile a club member who lived about 3/4 mile down range came and said we were shooting his roof. Turned out tha shots were ricocheting off the berm, not burrowing into it. The NRA came out and explained what we had to do. There was a VERY LARGE assessment of all members. From the pictures in the video, there is no way the guy's trench is safe. There will be ricochets. .50 BMG rounds will cause the slopes to subside.

I belong to another club that has a hill about 60 feet high as the backstop. Twice I have seen rounds go over that hill, even though nobody is allowed to shoot there except classified High Power competitors.

Most of the noise from a supersonic projectile comes from the sonic boom, not the gun going off. That means that the noise reaching Misty's house comes from only 200 feet uprange. It will be VERY LOUD. I don't even like to drive the golf cart around our Sporting Clays club without hearing protection, even though most shots are (a) farther than 200 feet away, (b) not fired in the direction I am, and (c) a 12 gauge is nowhere near as noisy as a .50 BMG.

Incidentally, when hunting in Ohio, it is illegall to shoot within 500 feet of a house, whether or not you are shooting in that direction. And that's with a shotgun. Further, I am faniliar with most or all of the ranges on the North Coast. There is only one where full auto fire is allowed (they shoot .223 and .45 ACP) and NONE where a .50 BMG is allowed, slow, rapid, or full auto fire.

I think the best bet would be a noise ordnance. Don't rthey have them in Florida and can't someone get a dB meter?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Personally, I’d appreciate a diagram.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sounds like the rules are somewhat wrong. Over here ranges have a "template" applied that extends beyond the intended normal firing zone. Basically it's a degree of deviation from the normal firing zone to cover those rounds going off the side and/or over the normal firing zone.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Is she catman’s wife?

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Exactly there is no upper berm at all , nothing nada and his dug out hole is washing away with all the Florida rain we get because he didn't even reinforce that so his 12 ft hole is slowly filling up and becoming smaller and smaller making it even more dangerous

That's not what we see in the video.

Do you have pictures to prove otherwise?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
... can't someone get a dB meter

My DB meter is pegged.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
From the end of his berm ( his hole since he has no upper berm ) I am 200 feet from there so I'm 200 feet away if he shoots over his target, yes I get he has a 100 yard range so he is 300 feet further down but show me a range anywhere that allows you to shoot a 50 BMG with no upper back stop between you and a house? They don't exist and that 100 yard is taking for granted he is standing at the end of the 100 yards as well. 200 feet isn't very far at all if you miss... that's coming through our home

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
sorry to disappoint but that's me and I think I'm all right for mid 40s

HUGE +1

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

I have a product that can help with your hearing issue: LINK

The mark of moron who's IQ cannot rationally handle thoughts above sea level, and whose reptilian cortex will not allow answering any argument except by cursing or scatology, has come together in your mind, such as it exists. You are more to be pitied than censured.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
Attorneys love it when their clients take to posting on internet forums.

Attorneys love it when some jabronie has a negligent discharge and it becomes that lawyers cash cow....

I can shoot rifles in my back yard,,,,but I consider the possible bad consequences and mainly stick with handguns and shotguns.

Don't need the grief nor the lawyer fees, And additional bonus, I get invited to more neighbor's cookouts that way.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
From the end of his berm ( his hole since he has no upper berm ) I am 200 feet from there so I'm 200 feet away if he shoots over his target, yes I get he has a 100 yard range so he is 300 feet further down but show me a range anywhere that allows you to shoot a 50 BMG with no upper back stop between you and a house? They don't exist and that 100 yard is taking for granted he is standing at the end of the 100 yards as well. 200 feet isn't very far at all if you miss... that's coming through our home

The 200’ was the distance at which you were experiencing a hearing loss. The shooting seems to be happening @ 500’. Are you having hearing loss @ 200’ or 500’?

This has nothing to do with Bullets or ricochets, this has to do with you claiming hearing loss @ 200’ but the shooting seems to be happening @ no less than 500’.

Explain.

Last edited by horse1; 05/21/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by horse1

The 200’ was the distance at which you were experiencing a hearing loss. The shooting seems to be happening @ 500’. Are you having hearing loss @ 200’ or 500’?

This has nothing to do with Bullets or ricochets, this has to do with you claiming hearing loss @ 200’ but the shooting seems to be happening @ no less than 500’.

Explain.

Once again...I repeat...the loudest noise from any supersonic bullet does not come from the gun. It comes from the projectile making a sonic boom. The projectile comes within 200 feet from her house.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by kingston
Attorneys love it when their clients take to posting on internet forums.

Attorneys love it when some jabronie has a negligent discharge and it becomes that lawyers cash cow....

I can shoot rifles in my back yard,,,,but I consider the possible bad consequences and mainly stick with handguns and shotguns.

Don't need the grief nor the lawyer fees, And additional bonus, I get invited to more neighbor's cookouts that way.

md44815 is as real as the Old Testament.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Indy you're almost spot on what we have heard from others on this topic for the ricochet and splatter. As well as the noise. That is why Code Enforcement was brought into the meeting with our attorney and that is exactly one of the reason the Attorney General referred us back to code and zoning because gun ranges at his caliber which are considered sport shooting/rifle ranges are not exempt in Florida for noise unless they meet the NRA standards for Florida and he does not meet them at all...

Florida is also one of the few states that does not have any distance parameters in their legislation. It was explained to us that is was written so loosely ( you literally need an acre that's it in Florida) because most gun owners are responsible and most would never do this. We have heard from every branch on the state level that there is no case like this to even reference because most people have common sense to know this isn't safe and it's suppose to be up on the ballad this fall. If you research Florida and that statue 790.33 you will see there are several litigation cases around it because of how poorly it was written. County's sued the State over it and last July the first county won and that my dear is how we found our attorney, research research and research we wanted a firm that had the knowledge and already had a case on this topic and WON against the State. I can say the Partner of that firm gave us the best referral who knew for our position and she took us on collectively as several households. My house just happens to be the first in line of fire. We met with a few attorney's before we retained her, there was a local guy we were really leaning towards as well that I trusted but our attorney sits on the Florida Bar Association Council for land use and with the guidance of the firm on the Statue issue she was great pick for us all.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Once again...I repeat...the loudest noise from any supersonic bullet does not come from the gun. It comes from the projectile making a sonic boom. The projectile comes within 200 feet from her house.

That's incorrect. Bullets only make a sharp "crack" as they go past. The big boom is made at the launch end.

Well?
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Indy you're almost spot on what we have heard from others on this topic for the ricochet and splatter. As well as the noise. That is why Code Enforcement was brought into the meeting with our attorney and that is exactly one of the reason the Attorney General referred us back to code and zoning because gun ranges at his caliber which are considered sport shooting/rifle ranges are not exempt in Florida for noise unless they meet the NRA standards for Florida and he does not meet them at all...

Florida is also one of the few states that does not have any distance parameters in their legislation. It was explained to us that is was written so loosely ( you literally need an acre that's it in Florida) because most gun owners are responsible and most would never do this. We have heard from every branch on the state level that there is no case like this to even reference because most people have common sense to know this isn't safe and it's suppose to be up on the ballad this fall. If you research Florida and that statue 790.33 you will see there are several litigation cases around it because of how poorly it was written. County's sued the State over it and last July the first county won and that my dear is how we found our attorney, research research and research we wanted a firm that had the knowledge and already had a case on this topic and WON against the State. I can say the Partner of that firm gave us the best referral who knew for our position and she took us on collectively as several households. My house just happens to be the first in line of fire. We met with a few attorney's before we retained her, there was a local guy we were really leaning towards as well that I trusted but our attorney sits on the Florida Bar Association Council for land use and with the guidance of the firm on the Statue issue she was great pick for us all.

So what will haappen now? It's one thing to have a complaint but what's the plan to win?

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Great reply Indy! I laughed when I clicked on the link and thought "he's THAT GUY" clearly familiar with the DB hence why he had that link so handy he orders all the time clearly..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The guy is a fuggin idiot and deserves his ass kicked good and hard. My neighbors house is 264 yards down the road from mine. I do shoot in my back yard but not in the direction of their house. I also limit it mostly to .22 rimfires out of common courtesy, not wishing to irritate with the frequent noise of centerfire rifle fire.. I will only occasionally shoot centerfires here but will usually wait till the neighbors are not home to do so. I used to have neighbors that rode dirt bikes and shot off fireworks all the time and it was all I could do not to go over and sink a hatchet into their skulls. I never want my neighbors to feel that way about me.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Its a problem with the rules. Unfortunately it may be cheaper for you to move rather than fight. If it's a safety issue then definitely move.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 05/21/20.

Well?
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

332 members (007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,848
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.