Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
is there any reason this family can`t put up their own berm and/or a sound barrier type fence ? these whiners probably have dogs that bark all nite too. gun range is legal and is now grandfathered in because there was no law against it. these people can either fix their problem and live with it or leave period. bet they are city-its who want it all their way ,i say screw them gun range guy has rights too and we should be all on the side of the gun range guy !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a guy who lives about a half mile from me that often shoots fully automatic long guns at his backyard range. He is a gun smith and must have a license for these guns. I always like to listen when he opens up.

living the good life every day
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by pete53
is there any reason this family can`t put up their own berm and/or a sound barrier type fence ? these whiners probably have dogs that bark all nite too. gun range is legal and is now grandfathered in because there was no law against it. these people can either fix their problem and live with it or leave period. bet they are city-its who want it all their way ,i say screw them gun range guy has rights too and we should be all on the side of the gun range guy !

We cannot have a berm on our side because we are less than an acre he bought an Ag-Res property he isn't on a agriculture he has 2.5 acres and he has the range in the back up by the property line of the residential lines, so no we cannot put up a berm on our side, we already have a fence, we also have plenty of private ranges out here that no one has a problem with because they all faced them away from homes where this guy chose the one direction to place his facing everyone's homes and he isn't shooting your typical handgun, shotguns, he is shooting fully automatic rifles and a 50 BMG and the first 2 homes are only 200 ft from his hole in the ground he has NO UPPER berm at all, so anything that goes over the hole he dug comes straight at all our homes. I think we can all agree even a 22 can travel a mile if it's stray a 50 BMG gone rogue well... you can figure it out. I'm also not city folk I grew up in Ohio which is hunting country my dear on plenty of acreage I shot my first deer at 12, I have raised my children to shoot this is not a matter of guns this is a matter of safety and common sense.

He also will not be grandfathered in FL you can have a recreational range if you are over an acre but the State is considering his a "sport shooting/ rifle range" given the calibers he shoots and the fact he is not using it just for recreational use, he is an arms dealer who manufactures these as well and he is testing them on this range, so if you truly shoot you should understand how dangerous it is to "test" or site these in a range aimed at homes with NO UPPER BERM OR backstop just the hole in the ground that keeps filling up with sand with every rain we get here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think some of you need to do 2 things:
1 - Work the pits in a rifle match. (The sonic boom isn't *the* loudest part of firing a rifle, but it's very loud and hearing protection is required.)
2 - Go to a machine gun shoot and watch the tracers bounce around. They'll give you an education in range design. I can easily imagine a bullet doing a skip and tumble straight over a 25' berm and still be moving over 500fps on it's way back. The lower the berm, the lower angle of ricochets it protects against.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by efw
Her “man” is staring at his shoes.

Poor guy.

I think Misty is a man. Or was.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 700LH
Most of the noise from a supersonic projectile comes from the sonic boom,

Haven't worked in the pit behind the targets at a rifle range have you?

Exactly.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Hancock27
It's HIS property, He can do as he pleases (within the confines of the law) Same as hosting a party or working on a truck.
A long as there'e no ricochets or stray rounds landing off his property, he's within his rights.

Neighbors cannot dictate how one acts on their property, Period....

Just because it's the law doesn't make it right. I wouldn't want someone shooting towards my house from 500' away.

and without a brem, shooting down into a hole don't cut it.

We haven't established there's no berm.

The only photographic evidence we have of the range shows a berm.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If he’s using a an undisturbed earth berm , a hole you call it, what’s the difference if he built a berm on grade?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
It's HIS property, ....

Is it really? Our system of laws evolved from the English system of laws. The land belonged to the king. The favored few were given certain interests in the land such as inheritance, all at the whim of the king. Can I declare my little quarter acre the state of Me and open a bar and grill and cat house? After all it's my land - no LEOs allowed.

OK, that's absurd. But just what powers are conferred by "ownership?" And by whom?

In the state of Florida he's conferred the power to have his range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
If he’s using a an undisturbed earth berm , a hole you call it, what’s the difference if he built a berm on grade?
Ricochets.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by efw

Poor guy.

She seems like a nice woman from what I've seen.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
It's HIS property, He can do as he pleases (within the confines of the law) Same as hosting a party or working on a truck.
A long as there'e no ricochets or stray rounds landing off his property, he's within his rights.

Just because it's the law doesn't make it right. I wouldn't want someone shooting towards my house from 500' away.

This is the picture back in November of the range the day we met with him and since then we have had a ton of rain so that sand will have washed into the hole the little tiny what 1 ft that he has above ground? the rest is just a hole....Sorry can't get more up to date pics for you without bringing in a drone again but when you drive by his street you can still see no upper berm at all

Attached Images
Last edited by md44815; 05/22/20.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by efw

Poor guy.

She seems like a nice woman from what I've seen.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Here is another one taken back in November where the county noted it was already eroding see the discoloration of the sand from caving... in FL we get heavy rains hence why we have sink holes here with sand.Only a matter of time before it shrinks more and more from erosion

Attached Images
erosion.jpg (30.02 KB, 283 downloads)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't read the 12 pages so this may have been addressed already but this whole deal is about the noise. I have a range and my neighbors tried the safety angle to shut me down also even after I hired a track hoe and dug a pond to build a backstop 20 feet high. It's the noise. The sheriff finally told my neighbors that apparently I know the law better than they do. Of course my range is not pointed at anyone's house and the nearest residence is 100 yards away across a federal highway. Don't you old geezers get all agreeable with her because she is female and looks ok when she makes up, slicks up, and poses.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
F
F
We have more and more people moving onto country acreages or even buying small farms and then complaining about the distant sound of gunfire from the neighbours (who were already living there) and/or the smell of manure. A lot of people ask the obvious question.

C.C.F.R., C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
If it ain't broke, fix it till it finally is.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
I haven't read the 12 pages so this may have been addressed already but this whole deal is about the noise. I have a range and my neighbors tried the safety angle to shut me down also even after I hired a track hoe and dug a pond to build a backstop 20 feet high. It's the noise. The sheriff finally told my neighbors that apparently I know the law better than they do. Of course my range is not pointed at anyone's house and the nearest residence is 100 yards away across a federal highway. Don't you old geezers get all agreeable with her because she is female and looks ok when she makes up, slicks up, and poses.

Happy you were able to resolve this issues with your range and happy for you , fire away smile
This isn't so much about the noise, yes that is an issue but the biggest concern it safety, cliff notes are he has dug a hole no upper berm at all, his hole 200 ft from the 2 closest homes in a residential populated area full of homes on less than .50 for most of them, he is shooting fully automatics that he is trying to site on this range and a 50 BMG (which is beyond obscene loud when you're down range 200 ft away). Had he taken the dirt from the hole he dug and put it at the top of his hole and made an actual berm that would've helped with that some and safety but he took the dirt used that to level his lot where he is putting his house and has nothing above ground at all so if he misses his hole guess where those strays are coming since there is nothing to stop it? That is the concern especially when you are taking a fully auto that fires over 100 rounds a minute , he is using steel targets and also a 50 BMG .. not practical and makes us responsible gun owners and other people out here who have private ranges look bad and that doesn't even begin to bring up the 2 schools less than 900 feet away with the parents complaining since he fired the fully auto during a school drill once and some kids panicked thinking it was real deal not a drill

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Most of the noise from a supersonic projectile comes from the sonic boom,

Haven't worked in the pit behind the targets at a rifle range have you?

Many times. In the pits, the loudest noise comes from the closest approach of the bullet, which, in the pits, is directly overhead. In the case discussed here, the bullet does not get to overhead.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by md44815
From the end of his berm ( his hole since he has no upper berm ) I am 200 feet from there so I'm 200 feet away if he shoots over his target, yes I get he has a 100 yard range so he is 300 feet further down but show me a range anywhere that allows you to shoot a 50 BMG with no upper back stop between you and a house? They don't exist and that 100 yard is taking for granted he is standing at the end of the 100 yards as well. 200 feet isn't very far at all if you miss... that's coming through our home

The 200’ was the distance at which you were experiencing a hearing loss. The shooting seems to be happening @ 500’. Are you having hearing loss @ 200’ or 500’?

This has nothing to do with Bullets or ricochets, this has to do with you claiming hearing loss @ 200’ but the shooting seems to be happening @ no less than 500’.

Explain.

Once again...I repeat...the loudest noise from any supersonic bullet does not come from the gun. It comes from the projectile making a sonic boom. The projectile comes within 200 feet from her house.

Wrong

Go in the pits at a High Power range sometime. The sonic boom (or crack) of trhe bullet is much louder than the rifle report, which comes later because the bullet travels faster than sound.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Fred_Alberta
We have more and more people moving onto country acreages or even buying small farms and then complaining about the distant sound of gunfire from the neighbours (who were already living there) and/or the smell of manure. A lot of people ask the obvious question.

We have gun shots every night from other neighbors on out skirts and no one complains about them at all, but understand we are not on acreage my lot is less than acre and I have one of the larger ones since I'm at end of the cuddlesac but most lots out here are less than .50 acre this guy bought a lot outside of the residential zoning on ag-residential only 2.5 acres and he chose to aim his range on the only line of his property that is aimed at the hundreds of homes out here, we originally asked him to just turn it and face in a direction that would be aimed at over 40 acres of nothing no homes, some of it is marsh so won't ever be built on and he still chose not to do that, he wanted it aimed in the direction of all the homes rather than taking the safest route possible.

I would think almost every home out here owns guns, we all support 2nd amendment it's not a gun issue one of the other homes in the suit is a retired LA Sheriff Dept Sgt, another is a veteran ( I'm not the only one going after this guy) They just stuck me on the news because I was the closest home to danger. Several homes all retained the same attorney, the Governor sent EPA out over this, the Attorney General of Florida has addressed this range twice now to 2 different homes stating our county should be handling this so we were forced to retain an attorney since although our county believes this is not safe as well they want a Judge to rule on it based on the exceptions portion of the staue

Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,607
Posts18,473,729
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.