Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I'm pretty familiar with all you discuss, and I give you that accuracy in wording.

What you're discussing is when the bullet passes you at beyond the speed of sound. As it was with working the rifle range as a scorer.

But is the perceived loudness the same when the bullet does not pass you? (If it were stopped by the berm...)

Now I gotta give you one.

I've been in the pits when the shooter shoots a few feet low and hits the berm about 10 feet behind me. It isn't nearly as loud as the crack when it passes overhead.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by md44815
sure a 50 BMG is a military weapon is it not? Was it not designed to take out tanks? Is it not used to take out aircraft?

Wiki definition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_BMG
History
John Browning had the idea for this round during [color:#66FFFF]World War I in response to a need for an anti-aircraft weapon, based on a scaled-up .30-06 Springfield design, used in a machine gun based on a scaled-up M1919/M191[/color]7 design that Browning had initially developed around 1900 (but which was not [color:#66FFFF]adopted by the U.S. military until 1917, hence the model designation).[4] Armor-piercing incendiary tracer (APIT) rounds were especially effective against aircraft, and the AP rounds and armor-piercing incendiary (API) rounds were excellent for destroying concrete bunkers, structures, and lighter armored fighting vehicles (AFVs). The API and APIT rounds left a flash, report, and smoke on contact, useful in detecting strikes on targets.[5]
[/color]
The development of the .50 BMG round is sometimes confused with the German 13.2 mm TuF, which was developed by Germany for an anti-tank rifle to combat British tanks during WWI and against aircraft. According to the American Rifleman: "Actually, the Browning .50 originated in the Great War. American interest in an armor-piercing cartridge was influenced by the marginal French 11 mm design, prompting U.S. Army Ordnance officers to consult Browning. They wanted a heavy projectile at 2700 feet per second (f.p.s.), but the ammunition did not exist. Browning pondered the situation and, according to his son John, replied, 'Well, the cartridge sounds pretty good to start. You make up some cartridges and we'll do some shooting.'"[6]

The American Rifleman further explains that development was "[r]eputedly influenced by Germany's 13.2x92 mm SR (.53-cal.) anti-tank rifle" and that then "Ordnance contracted with Winchester to design a .50-cal. cartridge. Subsequently, Frankford Arsenal took over from Winchester, producing the historic .50 BMG or 12.7x99 mm cartridge. The Army then returned to John Browning for the actual gun. Teamed with Colt, he produced prototypes ready for testing and, ironically, completed them by Nov. 11, 1918—the Great War's end."[6]

The round was put into use in the M1921 Browning machine gun. This gun was later developed into the M2HB Browning which with its .50 caliber armor-piercing cartridges went on to function as an anti-aircraft and anti-vehicular machine gun, capable of penetrating 0.9 inches (23 mm) of face-hardened armor steel plate at 200 meters (220 yd),[7] 1 inch (25 mm) of rolled homogeneous armor at the same range,[8] and 0.75 inches (19 mm) at 547 yards (500 m).[9]

The concept of a .50 caliber machine gun was not an invention of this era; this caliber (.50 inch) had been used in Maxim machine guns and in a number of manual rapid-fire guns such as the original Gatling gun, although these were much lower power cartridges.

The .50 BMG cartridge
D[color:#66FFFF]uring World War II the .50 BMG was primarily used in the M2 Browning machine gun, in both its "light barrel" aircraft mount version and the "heavy barrel" (HB) version on ground vehicles, for anti-aircraft purposes. [/color]An upgraded variant of the M2 Browning HB machine gun used during World War II is still in use today. Since the mid-1950s, some armored personnel carriers and utility vehicles have been made to withstand 12.7 mm machine gun fire, restricting the destructive capability of the M2. It still has more penetrating power than lighter weapons such as general-purpose machine guns, though it is significantly heavier and more cumbersome to transport. Its range and accuracy, however, are superior to light machine guns when fixed on tripods, and it has not been replaced as the standard caliber for Western vehicle-mounted machine guns (Soviet and CIS armored vehicles mount 12.7×108mm NSVs, which are ballistically similar to .50 BMGs).[citation needed]

Decades later, the .50 BMG was chambered in high-powered rifles as well.[4] The Barrett M82 .50 caliber rifle and later variants were developed during the 1980s and have upgraded the anti-materiel power of the military sniper.[4] A skilled sniper can effectively neutralize an infantry unit by eliminating several targets (soldiers or equipment) without revealing his precise location.[color:#66FFFF] The long range (over one mile) between firing position and target allows time for the sniper to avoid enemy retaliation[/color] by either changing positions repeatedly, or by safely retreating.

TFF. TroLLOL.

So's the 5.56x45 NATO and the 7.62x51 NATO. Hell the 45-70 and 30-06. "Military grade!!!! BWAAAAA!!!!"

If we're lucky, a ricochet won't deflate your fun bags.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The complainers should have realized they were not suited for too much liberty and bought into a hoa community in the first place. instead of trying to make their problem someone else's they should sell and move, or just move.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
apple and oranges, those are one-off incidents, not a bench on a range pointed in an unsafe direction being used repeatedly. common sense should tell anyone it is not safe.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Are you suggesting everyone out here move as well because of one guy who came in after everyone else?

I'd suggest everyone that is actually in fear of their life or health should have long since moved at least temporary until the issue is settled .....
But apparently not a single person has?

we gave him options

That always goes over well when one "gives options" to another for what he can do on his own private property.

now if you want him as your neighbor drop me a cashiers check and he can be your dream neighbor smile

I do invest a good bit but since you have taken to social medial ranting and rendering your home value to all but zero, I'll pass unless once you've lost all your court battles you choose to flee and dump it for pocket change...

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You rich f.ucks always give me a laugh. Lots of folks, nope, make that most folks can't afford to just abandon their home and move someplace else, temporarily or otherwise. I was homeless for six months after my home was destroyed by flood. I still had to make the mortgage payments on it, even though it was not habitable and didn't have enough money to make mortgage payments or rent on another place. Now maybe this neighborhood in Florida is full of rich f.ucks that could afford it but the majority of people out there could not.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know that building ranges like what is described in the OP is going to result in a bunch of people that don't know schit about ranges passing more legislation or ordinances about home/private ranges.

Akin to the wealthy redneck that lives in a nice neighborhood but builds derby cars until 2am. Yeah, he gets away with it for awhile and thinks it's funny. But the end result is everybody gets fined for doing something as simple as change brake pads in their driveway.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I was homeless for six months

And that, boys and girls, is how Blackheart learned to be a cock sucker.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The range isn't safe and the misinformation here is astounding at times

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 700LH
The range isn't safe and the misinformation here is astounding at times
That's because this place is full of childish jackasses who only want to argue and/or try to make everything into a joke.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
I know that building ranges like what is described in the OP is going to result in a bunch of people that don't know schit about ranges passing more legislation or ordinances about home/private ranges.

This is by far not an original case, every range that goes in gets complaints, the last one near this one was one county away to the north and less than a year prior, same schit, papers picked it up, caused a little stir and the laws stood as they should.

This case is nothing unique and will end like the others..

Same as when the stand your ground law in Florida has been challenged, a little stir, media get some front page headlines for a bit and then they fade away....

Just cause she is loud isn't going to give her any priorities with changing Florida law....

How many homes have been shot, how many rushed to the ER with bullet wounds?

Drama, drama, drama from a neighbor that is proving she's a drama queen with ever post she makes here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you think this "range" would pass an inspection by a NRA certified range designer?

https://rangeservices.nra.org/

This yahoo will probably get his homeowner's policy pulled by the insurance co. It's hard enough getting range insurance through the NRA.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/22/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would any one care if it passed anything but requirements for a Florida private range?

This bitch has built this up to make it sound as if she is in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

Go do a Google Street view look at Pigeon Ave. Weeki Wachee, FL 34614 and cruise around the streets there and tell me what you see...

She's on a dirt road in the middle of a heavily forested area with a random house here and there....

Lots are selling for around 10K to 15K all around her, she could scarf one up and be legal to build her own dam berm or even get a variance from the county to build a berm on her existing lot own FAR cheaper than her court battle is costing.

She's a control freak bitch that has dropped her tits on the table to get her way all her life, she isn't use to being told NO to.
Control issues out the ass, let alone her demanding of attention through her multiple social media postings of her partially clothed body.

She's an attention whore that don't like not getting her way, nothing more.
She'll eat schit in court and complain until she drops...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I predict that within a year, that range will be history. For whatever reason.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by deflave

This is by far not an original case, every range that goes in gets complaints, the last one near this one was one county away to the north and less than a year prior, same schit, papers picked it up, caused a little stir and the laws stood as they should.

This case is nothing unique and will end like the others..

Same as when the stand your ground law in Florida has been challenged, a little stir, media get some front page headlines for a bit and then they fade away....

Just cause she is loud isn't going to give her any priorities with changing Florida law....

How many homes have been shot, how many rushed to the ER with bullet wounds?

Drama, drama, drama from a neighbor that is proving she's a drama queen with ever post she makes here...

Hope you’re right.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
She's a control freak bitch that has dropped her tits on the table to get her way all her life, she isn't use to being told NO to.

Pics please

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I predict that within a year, that range will be history. For whatever reason.

It's already been a year since she started bitching, which year you talking about?

Next year, the year after that?

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Why would any one care if it passed anything but requirements for a Florida private range?

This bitch has built this up to make it sound as if she is in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

Go do a Google Street view look at Pigeon Ave. Weeki Wachee, FL 34614 and cruise around the streets there and tell me what you see...

She's on a dirt road in the middle of a heavily forested area with a random house here and there....

Lots are selling for around 10K to 15K all around her, she could scarf one up and be legal to build her own dam berm or even get a variance from the county to build a berm on her existing lot own FAR cheaper than her court battle is costing.

Control issues out the ass, let alone her demanding of attention through her multiple social media postings of her partially clothed body.

Google maps is not up to date my dear, there are houses all over out here and they are all brand new homes we have had 3 homes go up at the end of our street alone in the past 6 months and they just cleared another lot, 6 houses on the road over just went in and 2 more lots just cleared, there are over 30 new houses out here so Google maps still shows dirt road so when you're going to throw stones make sure you have facts to back them my dear or this attention whore will bite back smile If you can also find lots out here for 10-15K please let me know the one across the street just sold for 27k and no I can't buy any lots beside me jackass because their all sold and have houses on them minus the one he is building on again make sure you post facts so you won't have to wipe that egg off your face ...so glad your showing your intelligence can't see past my breasts that explains why you have a hard time understanding facts vs theory

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Pics please

https://www.instagram.com/md44815/

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Well then I'd say her neighbor should have bought a different piece of land so he could build a range that didn't have a house 200 feet directly behind the berm.

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 257_X_50, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 45 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,807
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.