Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14906889 05/24/20
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
My male wiener dog disappeared yesterday about 6PM, and I'm kinda embarassed to admit that I've been pretty tore up about it. I searched the woods around the house until dark last night, and was back at it 1st thing this morning. I had about decided that a fricking coyote must have gotten him, and have been plotting wholesale revenge on the whole species. Well.......... my wife went to leave in her Explorer a few minutes ago, and guess who popped up between the seats? I figured out that he snuck in there yesterday. We went to town in my vehicle, and I took a carseat out of mine and put it in hers. Damned dogs............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awwwwwww.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank goodness you found him

Supposed to get pretty warm here in Tn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm glad this had a happy ending!

Put a collar with a small cat bell, then you can hear the little bugger.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most dog owners, and absolutely every beagle owner should invest in a gps locator collar.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glad ya found houdini !!!
And of course he aint gonna bark ta let ya know where he was, even though yelling his name for gawd knows how long.

He won his game he was playing.
LOL!!

Last edited by renegade50; 05/24/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just have him swallow a cell phone, then dial him up when you want to find him.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you found it!

Also glad it wasn't the heat of the day mid-August.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got goat bells on my labs. lol

That saved my dogs from a false accusation by a neighbor. To her all dogs are ‘pit bulls’ JFC, move back to town.

I told the deputy to ask her if the dogs in her yard sounded like Santa’s reindeer....lol he asked...nope...ok then GFY.

My labs gave up running deer, the whitetails are gone way before the dogs even see them. 😀

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by johnw
Most dog owners, and absolutely every beagle owner should invest in a gps locator collar.

I own a beagle. You are correct, sir.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Got home one day from work and one of my heelers was missing, couldn’t find her anywhere.

Turns out I had left a car door open for a moment in the morning rush, just my good fortune it weren’t hot that day.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by renegade50
And of course he aint gonna bark ta let ya know where he was, even though yelling his name for gawd knows how long.

LOL!!

He knows he is not supposed to be in her vehicle, which is why I suspect he was quiet.............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sounds familiar...... smile

Especially the angst. A number of times over.

We were out camping with the boys, the Lab, and our first weiner. I went aout a half mile way to check a hunting spot, and I think the wiener followed me from camp. This was about 7. He showed up again about 4a.m., spooked.

I think he spent most of the night under a log or rock keeping away frim something. For the next 10 years, he didn't do that anymore - he stayed with mama and the kids. smile

Unless there was a rabbit or a caribou to track after... He would track us down later.

We currently have another, about 14 months old now. Hawks, owls, eagles, coyotes, wolves, lynx, bears, and last week a river otter.

Surprised the hell out of me the first one lasted over 11 years, only to die from bad cheese (I think).

Last edited by las; 05/24/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Coworker 35 miles away. If one is there and leaves window, door, or horse trailer slide open, he will likely find her stock dog when he gets the rig back to HQ. Adds another 1 1/2 hours to the day when the discovery happens at 5:00 PM on a Friday. I hate that dog.

Another story: Moving a herd about 15 miles and one of the dogs quit us and went back to the stock truck where it made into the comforts of the cab. Half way through the drive, a helping neighbor volunteered to go back and bring the rig on to the other end making for a one-trip for the crew and horses. When he got to the truck the dog would not let him in the rig. Had to ride back and have the owner go for the rig. A long day for his poor horse.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/24/20.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I miss my dog.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by renegade50

LOL!!

He knows he is not supposed to be in her vehicle, which is why I suspect he was quiet.............

What kind of monster are you married to - not allowing the dog in the car? smile.

The Lab-mix supervises from the center console, but only at our insistance, or she would be "helping" also.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 05/24/20.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
One day I was working in the machine shed and our mini doxie was nosing around the shop. My wife came home from shopping and turned up the lane to go into the garage. The pup saw her and ran up the lane between the tires and trotted right under the p/u for about a 100' and into the garage. I screamed myself hoarse but neither one paid a bit of attention to me. My heart still races when I think about that... Damned Dogs is right!!

Our first doxie, 40+ years ago, was crazy to hunt anything and everything. She killed and brought to the house every thing from toads and snakes to a tom cat that was half again her size. We had lots of coyotes in the sandhills near our place and one day she disappeared and it was a long time before I found her body... now I do kill every coyote I can.

I am glad you weiner pup was alright!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
FIL's first doxie snuck into the car one day in eastern Montana, many decades ago. Gets hot there! She didn't make it.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 1minute
Coworker 35 miles away. If one is there and leaves window, door, or horse trailer slide open, he will likely find her stock dog when he gets the rig back to HQ. Adds another 1 1/2 hours to the day when the discovery happens at 5:00 PM on a Friday. I hate that dog.

Another story: Moving a herd about 15 miles and one of the dogs quit us and went back to the stock truck where it made into the comforts of the cab. Half way through the drive, a helping neighbor volunteered to go back and bring the rig on to the other end making for a one-trip for the crew and horses. When he got to the truck the dog would not let him in the rig. Had to ride back and have the owner go for the rig. A long day for his poor horse.

Got out of the pickup one day to close a gate and just left the cab door open. Went to get back in and a blue heeler was in the cab and lunged at me, snapping and barking. Just about scared the piddle out of me. I tried to get ahold of him but he was having nothing to do with that. I had the wire stretcher in the box and dug that out. I opened the passenger side door and hooked it into his collar and drug him out still snapping and growling. He hit the dirt and took off running. No idea who his owner was.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I trained my Lab to return home by giving him a Milk Bone with peanut butter on it when he returns. He's got a pretty big area that he roams but he stays in the immediate vicinity,..maybe a 400 yard radius of the house,..most of it a big field out behind my place. He checks out his route for about an hour then he's ready for his Milk Bone and a nap on his couch.

He makes his loop about twice a day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1moredeer, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.