Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
What's the best cartridge/load combination for a pit bull?
anything in 12 gauge

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I know for a fact that a standard 5.56 AR will work.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

I know for a fact that a standard 5.56 AR will work.

Photos or it didn't happen smile

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
357 works a treat

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Heavy 300 gr hard cast from a Marlin 45 Colt should work..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by stxhunter
seen it happen twice. one on one.

Not doubting your word. Just questioning the temperment of the Rotts.

when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kMFF7_1551740367

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem:
Animal organizations, shelters, and rescuers save pit bulls at the expense of other animals and people. Don't listen to their "advice." They only care about pit bulls, not anyone else. There are thousands of news accounts of these constantly occurring attacks.

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem. Here we go again and again and again. If we can’t have cougars as pets, then we shouldn’t be able to have pit bull type-dogs.

I agree all dogs can bite. The issue with pit bulls is the degree of damage they inflict, and their attacks being more likely to result in fatality.

PEOPLE WAKE-UP AND LISTEN TO THE MEDICAL EXPERTS NOT TO NAIVE PIT BULL OWNERS!

13 Medical peer-reviewed studies that prove pit bull type-dogs are dangerous as pets. Level 1 trauma center dog bite studies from all geographical regions in the U.S. are reporting a higher prevalence of pit bull type dogs injuries than all other breeds of dogs. In many cases, the studies (2011 to 2018) also report that pit bull injuries have a higher severity of injury and require a greater number of operative interventions. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-studies-level-1

THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY STATES TO KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM PIT BULLS!

Dr. Golinko, who did the largest dog bite study to date, states pit bulls are a danger to children. https://www.facebook.com/thefifthestate/videos/1015585491574 and
www.nationalpitbullvictimawareness.org/expert-opinions/

Does this sound like a normal and safe dog breed to have live in our neighborhoods? Pit Bull Rescue Central recommends ALL pit bull owners to have a "break stick", a wedge-shaped piece of wood used to pry open a pit bull’s jaw during an attack. "Since pit bulls have a strong fighting background, we recommend that pet owners also have a breaking stick as a precaution." blog.dogsbite.org/2008/09/break-sticks-tool-used-to-pry-open

Common Sense: Pit bulls have been bred for centuries for illegal blood sports. They are the #1 canine killer of people, pets and livestock of all dog breeds combined. They have a genetically inbred trait for unpredictable explosive aggression that cannot ever be trained out of them. Simple noises and movement can trigger the pit bull's prey drive into a deadly attack. This is not a safe breed trait to have in a family pet. They were bred to be lethal and they are every day. We need breed safety laws to keep our communities safe.

Last edited by RDW; 05/24/20.

Dave

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
2 days ago the growler [wife] and I encountered a very large pit off the leash on a mountain trail. I was ready to do a mag dump on it but the big smile and wagging tail deterred me. I think it is kind of like people, target ID is important. I told the owners that they were lucky that their dog was still alive, they thought that it was funny and that their dog was a lover. If your dog is off the leash he is a potential target.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
357 mag, 158gr lsp. 4" S&W mdl 28

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
2 days ago the growler [wife] and I encountered a very large pit off the leash on a mountain trail. I was ready to do a mag dump on it but the big smile and wagging tail deterred me. I think it is kind of like people, target ID is important. I told the owners that they were lucky that their dog was still alive, they thought that it was funny and that their dog was a lover. If your dog is off the leash he is a potential target.

mike r

They say that dogs "can smell fear" and it is true. If you had been a weakling that was scared then Fido might have attacked.
He sensed that you were ready, willing and able to fight back so he decided on "peace, love, flowers, and incense."

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

I have friends and acquaintances in another state. They have very good, close knowledge of the underground dog fighting circle. The fights are all pit bull -vs- pit bull. The one (closest) friend also is a Rott breeder. He produces pups that are of the VERY highest quality and the vast majority of them go to be service dogs. We have one of his pups........a 2 year old male that goes right around 110 lbs and has the "alpha male" temperament. He's not done bulking yet.

Anyhoo............. Me and him were talking one day and I really don't know the exact lead up to this quote.........but this is exactly what he said to me.......... " I know pit bulls. They ain't a pit bull in this state stand a chance against one of these Rotts".

Just passing on what I was told by a man intimately knowledgeable to both sides. Mine has never had to right a pit bull. But I would NOT put my $$ on the pit bull if it happened.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I have friends and acquaintances in another state. They have very good, close knowledge of the underground dog fighting circle. The fights are all pit bull -vs- pit bull. The one (closest) friend also is a Rott breeder. He produces pups that are of the VERY highest quality and the vast majority of them go to be service dogs. We have one of his pups........a 2 year old male that goes right around 110 lbs and has the "alpha male" temperament. He's not done bulking yet.

Anyhoo............. Me and him were talking one day and I really don't know the exact lead up to this quote.........but this is exactly what he said to me.......... " I know pit bulls. They ain't a pit bull in this state stand a chance against one of these Rotts".

Just passing on what I was told by a man intimately knowledgeable to both sides. Mine has never had to right a pit bull. But I would NOT put my $$ on the pit bull if it happened.

Just remember,

it ain't the dog in the fight..............

it's the fight in the dog.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

He seen your yarmulke and knew the score.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My eldest had a 1/2 Pitt, 1/2 Boxer. One of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. Was hit by a train of all things.

We still grieve.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Birdshot at 15 yds doesn't work on a big pit bull.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DMc
My eldest had a 1/2 Pitt, 1/2 Boxer. One of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. Was hit by a train of all things.

We still grieve.

The question is - why was it trying to attack a train?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.22 LR will do the job if you tap them in the brain.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Neighbor has one that got loose the other night. Wake up to the wife screaming go home to the dog then the neighbor hollering drunk at his dog. Matter of time until that dog meets 230 hardball and 45 auto colt pistol the same evening.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I should get a 329 PD for when me and the little woman take a walk.
Quite a few dogs in the hood, most behind fences.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1minute, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,818
Posts18,477,708
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.