O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'll never own a dog I can't whip in a fight.

Now, or 30 years ago? grin

30 years ago, I'd have been willing to take on any dog that walks with my bare hands............

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Oh, I would have. I might have lost, but I'd have been game to try it. You know what they say about young, dumb, and full of ***.....................

Yessir, I do and all too well .

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Local white trash tramp has a couple of rescue pit bulls and a couple little kids. What could go wrong there?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
What's the best cartridge/load combination for a pit bull?
After eliminating anywhere from 4 to 10 a year for over 30 years I recommend any good deer bullet from 62 grain up from .223 up and 2500 fps up applied behind the front leg.
Sounds like high shoulder shots work....Mr. Hasting, how did you find yourself airing out 4-10 Pits a year? SWAT Cop hitting drug houses would probably have that amount of contact with PB.😎
We have a few cattle on a little over a 100 acre pasture that abuts some black folks property on which there are many trailer houses and extended family. They own pits and pit hybrids such as chow cross, Alaskan Husky cross, and mixed in with Catahoula cur. All of which are catch dogs and they breed indiscriminately. Get the idea?

My gut instinct reading that was 'I can't think of a worse dog to have near me/mine than a pit/chow cross.'
George

Last edited by NH K9; 05/25/20.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Local white trash tramp has a couple of rescue pit bulls and a couple little kids. What could go wrong there?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/24/us/illinois-woman-killed-by-french-bulldog-mix-dog-trnd/index.html

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by billhilly
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
This is the result of poor dog training.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

What an undiluted load of bullshit

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PPosey
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

What an undiluted load of bullshit

Dude, were you born without a sense of humor ?

At all ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If that were in jest, then I misread, unfortinatly it sounds alot like the BS that the fire pit lovers spit

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If that were in jest, then I misread, unfortinatly it sounds alot like the BS that the fire pit lovers spit

Glad to have you among us spitting, fire pit lovers.

Ezduzit.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
[bleep] pits. Unleashed pits in public spaces are shoot on sight for me

Last edited by Quak; 05/25/20.

GOD Bless America
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I saw a pup yesterday, that when it grows up I hope it’s friendly. It was a South African Boerboel. Gunna be massive. The owner said the mother was about 160 and the father about 180.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Quak
[bleep] pits. Unleashed pits in public spaces are shoot on sight for me

Don’t think I’d go around shooting on sight in public.

My yard is a different story. Have done so.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Pretty sure he was making a black joke.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

30 years ago, I'd have been willing to take on any dog that walks with my bare hands............

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Toot how do you think i took care of mine when he attacked, all i had was my hands.

Last edited by stxhunter; 05/25/20.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I love a big dose of sarcasm --hahahahahahaahhaaaahhahahaaaa -- good chitt right there !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Toot how do you think i took of mine when he attacked, all i had was my hands.

You killed poor Petey with your bare hands?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm doing my part. The neighborhood dogs I speak of basically live among a rural ghetto, have no human interaction other than living under the houses of their home base. They get whatever food is thrown out and come to my place to eat calf excrement and afterbirth. I drove in one day recently just in time to save a 300 lb. heifer that had been cut out of the herd by no less than 5 big dogs. They had already pulled off the end of her tail and had run her through the open gate of the corral just as I drove up. I only got one pregnant female as they saw me and hightailed it for home. The neighbors understand that "Bobo" isn't coming home if I see him. They never mention a disappearance.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Y’all should see some Rez dogs.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Toot how do you think i took of mine when he attacked, all i had was my hands.

Well yeah, but you had to feed him your tittie to distract him............. Sorry, I couldn't resist.......

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Oh, I would have. I might have lost, but I'd have been game to try it. You know what they say about young, dumb, and full of ***..................... crazy

got 48 stitches and a crushed left index finger(four pins) when i had to do it but i won.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Their names are scooby and dooby and they've been in my yard a few times but not long enough for me to get a gun.

Come on man, you can’t shoot two dogs named Scooby and Dooby!

You can when you have small kids that like to play in your yard and they are aggressive pits running free. They have attacked and drawn blood on our jogging neighbor, been aggressive towards me, attacked a neighborhood lab and sent it to the vet for many stitches, and jumped up on a new car of mine and scratched it up clawing at it when I stopped by to talk to their owner about them.

The owner told me she is moving but can't take them with her. I'll be glad to see them out of our neighborhood but worry a bit for kids near their next home. A pit that runs loose and has a history of aggression is a ticking time bomb that needs diffused.

I'm typically a dog lover and got to know the dogs a bit while building my house. I liked them then but that was before I knew they were aggressive and moved my kids into the house. The new neighbor down the road has a big Rot so maybe will get to test one of the theories floated here one day.

Luckily we haven't seen Scooby and Dooby around for a few months. Maybe they've already moved.

Bb

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 2five7, 117LBS, 2ndwind, 51 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,435
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.