Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Toot how do you think i took of mine when he attacked, all i had was my hands.

You killed poor Petey with your bare hands?

choked him till he was almost dead and let go, killed him later.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hastings
I'm doing my part. The neighborhood dogs I speak of basically live among a rural ghetto, have no human interaction other than living under the houses of their home base. They get whatever food is thrown out and come to my place to eat calf excrement and afterbirth. I drove in one day recently just in time to save a 300 lb. heifer that had been cut out of the herd by no less than 5 big dogs. They had already pulled off the end of her tail and had run her through the open gate of the corral just as I drove up. I only got one pregnant female as they saw me and hightailed it for home. The neighbors understand that "Bobo" isn't coming home if I see him. They never mention a disappearance.

You southern folk all seem to live in the most charming of places.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Poor Petey.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wow, just averaging that out 4-10 avg 7 x 30 yrs

210 pit bulls

You’re like the Red Baron of pit bull kills

LMFAO, or the John Wick of the canine world... grin

Originally Posted by ConradCA
when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

Only an evil idiot would have their dogs fight for any reason.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. I wouldn’t have anything to do with somebody like that and would have serious reservations about anyone who would by extension.

Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
There's a solution to pit bulls that does not involve a gun.

They're called Rottweilers. Just let go of the leash and watch them do what they do.

Wanna consistently stop a Pit Bull using another dog? Better think in the neighborhood of a Kurdish Kangal, Anitolian Shepherd, Caucasian Ovcharka etc. Very large flock guardians would be the way to go.

Great advice, if a bunch of people start buying Rottweilers and Caucasian Ovcharkas and Turkish Kangals to protect them from pitbulls then we'll have an outbreak of Rottweiler and Caucasian Ovcharka and Turkish Kangal maulings.

Stick to the smaller and less harmless breeds and leave large dogs to those who require them, like the police. If you aren't a first responder and don't need to herd livestock you can probably don't need anything more than a Yorkie or Cocker Spaniel.

[Linked Image from i.barkpost.com]

What a nice dog. I'm sure people will be a lot safer with a ton of these around.
[Linked Image from petsworld.in]

Sure phagg. How about doggie waiting periods and background checks too?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'll never own a dog I can't whip in a fight.

Now, or 30 years ago? grin

30 years ago, I'd have been willing to take on any dog that walks with my bare hands............

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Toot how do you think i took of mine when he attacked, all i had was my hands.

He said ANY dog.

Ohh I believe you, Roger. You didn’t have much of a choice at the time. I think that it was you that advised someone here (Hawkeye?) that pit bulls are good dogs right up until the time that they ain’t.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in the Columbus P. D. Narcotics entry team for about 5 years. I personally killed 4 pit bulls. We averaged shooting 8-10 dogs a month. Some months more. I worked with a guy who ran #1 through the door a lot. He honestly has killed 30-50 dogs. Mostly pit bulls, some Rotts and a smattering of others. We started with shotguns with 00 buck, but it was dangerously over penetrative. They now carry M4 style carbines with 60 grain hornady TAP ammo. It works well on even big dogs. I'm retired now. Nothing scarier than making a dynamic entry into a drug house with one or more killer dogs inside.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Poor Petey.

My youngest son and his girlfriend are staying here right now because of this virus bullchit, they have a pit puppy out in the back yard. F-ck Petey dogs are dogs I didn't lose any sleep over it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by viking
I saw a pup yesterday, that when it grows up I hope it’s friendly. It was a South African Boerboel. Gunna be massive. The owner said the mother was about 160 and the father about 180.

I ran into a huge Boerbeol one day going to visit some people in Vereeniging in South Africa one day. I was with this really arrogant south African guy and we had visited another family first who had a medium sized dog. As we went through the first people's gate the mid sized dog came running towards us barking so I backed out of the gate for minute to assess the situation. The south african guy said something like' "Oh you American coward, afraid of a dog are you"and he walked on in.

As luck would have it the next home we went to as we opened the gate a huge foaming at the mouth Boerboel came running towards us acting aggressive. The South African guy immediately backed up and locked the gate. You can probably guess what I said at that point. Oh you coward, afraid of a dog are you. The owner came out and the dog calmed down. Owner said he was just shy of 90 kilos and was usually not aggressive towards white people. I nick named him Cujo.

Bb

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by billhilly
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
This is the result of poor dog training.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

I love a big dose of sarcasm --hahahahahahaahhaaaahhahahaaaa -- good chitt right there !!!

Thank you. Looks like I ran smack into Poe’s law:
“It is impossible these days to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied.”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i dont trust no dog.been bit buy a few of the they dont bite type

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Poor Petey.

My youngest son and his girlfriend are staying here right now because of this virus bullchit, they have a pit puppy out in the back yard. F-ck Petey dogs are dogs I didn't lose any sleep over it.

I was being sarcastic.

I hate dogs.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

“It is impossible these days to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied.”

Billhilly,

If you like humor, this is the wrong audience.

LOL.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Billhilly,

If you like humor, this is the wrong audience.

LOL.

That in and of itself is what I find humorous.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
This is the result of poor dog training.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

I love a big dose of sarcasm --hahahahahahaahhaaaahhahahaaaa -- good chitt right there !!!

You've been around a long time and know this board has some crazy liberals drop by plus a lot of sock-puppetry . I've read posts i'd have bet 10 too 1 odds it was sarcasm - and would have lost the bet . smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
I'm doing my part. The neighborhood dogs I speak of basically live among a rural ghetto, have no human interaction other than living under the houses of their home base. They get whatever food is thrown out and come to my place to eat calf excrement and afterbirth. I drove in one day recently just in time to save a 300 lb. heifer that had been cut out of the herd by no less than 5 big dogs. They had already pulled off the end of her tail and had run her through the open gate of the corral just as I drove up. I only got one pregnant female as they saw me and hightailed it for home. The neighbors understand that "Bobo" isn't coming home if I see him. They never mention a disappearance.

So you’ve really killed 200+ pit bulls ?

Must be the most deaf, dumb, blind and heavily medicated “trailer park people” around your heifer ranch.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Poe was right. There’s really no way to tell these days. Back when I first joined the fire, who would have believed that you could get socially ostracized, fired from your job, and possibly arrested for refusing to call a dude in a dress a woman?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
seen it happen twice. one on one.

Not doubting your word. Just questioning the temperment of the Rotts.

when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

I have friends and acquaintances in another state. They have very good, close knowledge of the underground dog fighting circle. The fights are all pit bull -vs- pit bull. The one (closest) friend also is a Rott breeder. He produces pups that are of the VERY highest quality and the vast majority of them go to be service dogs. We have one of his pups........a 2 year old male that goes right around 110 lbs and has the "alpha male" temperament. He's not done bulking yet.

Anyhoo............. Me and him were talking one day and I really don't know the exact lead up to this quote.........but this is exactly what he said to me.......... " I know pit bulls. They ain't a pit bull in this state stand a chance against one of these Rotts".

Just passing on what I was told by a man intimately knowledgeable to both sides. Mine has never had to right a pit bull. But I would NOT put my $$ on the pit bull if it happened.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Have watched pitts kill other dogs and seen Rotts fight.Rotts are much faster than Pitts.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was 14 in 1965 and a pit bull entered our back yard and attacked my 7 year old brother.
I intervened and got chewed up.

55 years later, I still carry a gun.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I can't for the life of me, understand the attraction in having a dog around that is nothing but a liability. We have two little house dogs that give us a lot of pleasure and companionship (and are both at my feet at the moment.) They are also whole-house alarm systems with incredible hearing that that will wake the dead at any suspicious bump in the night. I can take it from there. My "real" dog is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He weighs, usually 3 or 4 pounds under the top of the breed standard (which is 80 pounds for a properly built male.) He's a great dog on upland or waterfowl. He swims long and fast and he's done blind retrieves on birds everyone thought were lost for sure. He's earned a pass in every sanctioned hunt test he's been in. He will not fight another dog. Why would I want him to? It can lead to permanently being banned from UKC events. I don't feel like I have any particular shortcomings that can be compensated for by having a dog that weighs 30% over the breed standard or that will rip the schitt out of any other dog in the neighborhood.

There are an alarming number of pit bulls and similar dogs around, many, if not most, in the hands of people with no fugging clue how to train or handle a dog. When my wife and I are out walking with the two little dogs, we have a procedure in the event of an uncontrolled, agressive dog coming after us. She takes both little dogs by their harnesses and gets behind me, keeping me between her and the threat. Don't touch me, just keep me between her and the threat. I'll take care of the rest.

I've actually known people into dog fighting. (The operative term being "known." They weren't my friends, I just knew them.) Their family had a history of felony criminal behavior, alcoholism, drug abuse, child sexual abuse and suicide. A limited sample, yeah, but that's what I associate with people enthralled by vicious, out of control dogs.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jdm953

Have watched pitts kill other dogs and seen Rotts fight.Rotts are much faster than Pitts.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (257 mag, 2500HD, 12344mag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 160user, 257robertsimp, 20 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,142
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.