Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am afraid of wasps.

I am MAGA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
She just happened to film herself getting bit? Yeah? huh.

She was filming herself doing tumbling for cheerleader practice, and wasn't aware of the copperhead.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/cheerleader-snake-bite-houston/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am afraid of wasps.

Come on now Jim, don't be that way. We ain't all bad.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Snakes haven't been our friends since Adam and Eve, so you should feel free to kill them whenever/wherever you encounter them unless killing them is prohibited by law. You shouldn't break the law and if you do, you shouldn't share that information with anyone.

I'm not a fan of viper poisonous snakes, but don't find the non-poisonous varieties objectionable.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I am afraid of wasps.

Come on now Jim, don't be that way. We ain't all bad.

Haha!

You are scary AF!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess my favorite shooting sport was hunting quail behind dogs. (Back when N. TX had quail)
Seeing a snake while quail hunting absolutely ruins your hunt. You're no longer watching the dogs or looking for birds, you're looking at every rock or brush stubble looking for another damned snake.
I hate them too!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jmdriver
I can be around most things and be fine, bats, mice, spiders, sister-in-law’s, etc. I don’t do snakes big or small especially when they are a surprise.

I am fine with snakes... as long as I see them first... I will go so far as to chase them chase down and catch racers and black snakes when they start darting across wind rows while mowing hay. ... HOWEVER, let one surprise me, and, one of us is going to die. To-date, it has always been the reptile...

Last edited by Orion2000; 05/25/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am afraid of wasps.

I didn’t used to be u til one stung me on the eyelid.

Hard to run from them, roofing around a church steeple. 😐

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I am afraid of wasps.

I didn’t used to be u til one stung me on the eyelid.

Hard to run from them, roofing around a church steeple. 😐

Fuggin hurts just thinking about it.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had an employee who owned 4 to 5 ft. python. He sold his home. As he was going about moving, his python went into hiding somewhere in his house. He searched in vain trying to find it. He surmised that it had crawled into an opening under his hot jetted bath tub. He never told the new owners about the missing python. I have always wondered about the new owners and their experiences.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm not scared of snakes but I do kill all poisonous one's I see. My wife kills every snake she she's in our lake no exceptions. We still have a lot of snakes around here, but nothing like it was before we had cattle.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread brings back fond memories of my kid's penchant for collecting garter snakes from the canal and the farm, their inevitable escapes from their terraria, and my ex's amusing reactions to their unexpected presence...

Good times....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
As kids we used to run around the farm with bull snakes wrapped around our arm just for giggles.

Then, as an adult and father, I got up close and personal with a couple rattlers. At first glance, bull snakes and rattlers appear very similar. Now days I jump back and study the specimen closely before approaching a bull snake. Random water snakes and such do not bother me at all.

Usually, I kill any rattler on sight. But I guess I am getting old. I saw two rattlers (30-36 in) on the road yesterday up near the lake. I did not even stop the truck.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Am not a screamer but could easily medal in a vertical jump competition if surprised by a snake. Any identification only occurs during the autopsy...I dont play favorites, treat em all alike.

Was trying to diagnose a clogged water hose recently and learned s snake will enter the open end.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Am not a screamer but could easily medal in a vertical jump competition if surprised by a snake. Any identification only occurs during the autopsy...I dont play favorites, treat em all alike.

Was trying to diagnose a clogged water hose recently and learned s snake will enter the open end.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
This thread brings back fond memories of my kid's penchant for collecting garter snakes from the canal and the farm, their inevitable escapes from their terraria, and my ex's amusing reactions to their unexpected presence...

Good times....

Rooming with my bro once in the olden days. He had a rosy boa. Took a gal home, she asked what was in the "aquarium", I told her a snake. Thought I wasn't going to get any that night, but told her it never gets out. Things went better for me then.

Next morning, got up, snake nowhere to be seen. I didn't tell her. Found it weeks later up under the plumbing for the bathroom sink.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw a 3' gopher snake (bull snake for some of you) on the road while walking the dogs today.

Didn't jump.

Neither did my wife.

Apparently she is more braver than some of the girly men on this site. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Violator22
Originally Posted by slumlord
You only have to have 2% genetic negro to possess the notorious innate fear of serpents

😃

Is there anyone named “Nate” in your family tree?

Shake My family tree and there is some sickle cell in it, and I am blond haired blue eyed, so knock that [bleep] off.

You're A bigchickenpussybaby, too!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from cdn.images.express.co.uk]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MikeL2
So what type of snake was it? Was your irrational fear at least somewhat supported by reality?

Wife said a cow or corn snake, pretty much physically harmless. I call them rattleheadedcoppermoccasons. eek

Irrational fear not supported from reality is I think is why it's called a phobia. grin But a friend & ex head of Ky. wildlife education has told me that no one is born with a fear of snakes & something has likely happened to me that I may not remember.

I don't encounter them often & the surprise up close & personal is the panic BS. Otherwise, I deal with it best I can.

Got some mowing done, as jumpy as a heard of grasshoppers on a hot skillet. I'll get over it.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,666
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.