Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://banpitbulls.org/where/where-pit-bulls-banned/

Where are pit bulls banned in the U.S.

More than 937 cities in the US have BSL legislation in place. View detailed lists.

Many cities, including the largest US public housing authority in New York City, ban pit bulls through Housing Authorities.
http://blog.dogsbite.org/2009/04/nyc-housing-authorities-ban-pit-bulls.html

All military bases in the United States ban pit bulls.
http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs-military-bases.php

tri-state
The extent of BSL in the U.S.
The extent of BSL can be clearly seen in this tri-state map of pit bull bans in Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. Literally hundreds of towns and cities in these three states have enacted breed legislation or restrictions for pit bulls. Link to the map online and click each marker to view the city and the law.
Updated by Dogsbite.org 2015
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zQiAYWhgAuHE.kwcTmaffRQG0

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lapua6547
Originally Posted by deflave
When I lived in California my wife was walking our JRT's one day. All of a sudden I heard this blood curling screaming and my wife pounding on the bedroom window for help. I took off running through the house thing WTF was going on. Went through the garage and picked up my set of escrima sticks and got outside to see the neighbors pit bull chewing the the [bleep] out of 2 of my dogs. I quickly administered a barrage of " stick time" on ole Blue's head. The dumb ass Asian owner came running over to get her dog. Too fuucking late. Ole Blue fuucked with the wrong dog owner. Owner had to pay for all the surgeries for our dogs. Just glad my wife did not get bit. Fuuck pit bulls

If I had a nickel for every time my escrima sticks saved my ass...

Good for you....

You can go all Dog Bros on they azz. If someone tries to hit you w/ a stick or numchuks, or a bat can you shoot
them? Enquiring minds want to know. Any dog off the leash is a potential target.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
When I lived in California my wife was walking our JRT's one day. All of a sudden I heard this blood curling screaming and my wife pounding on the bedroom window for help. I took off running through the house thing WTF was going on. Went through the garage and picked up my set of escrima sticks and got outside to see the neighbors pit bull chewing the the [bleep] out of 2 of my dogs. I quickly administered a barrage of " stick time" on ole Blue's head. The dumb ass Asian owner came running over to get her dog. Too fuucking late. Ole Blue fuucked with the wrong dog owner. Owner had to pay for all the surgeries for our dogs. Just glad my wife did not get bit. Fuuck pit bulls

Good for you....

You can go all Dog Bros on they azz. If someone tries to hit you w/ a stick or numchuks, or a bat can you shoot
them? Enquiring minds want to know. Any dog off the leash is a potential target.

mike r

So you lack real life experience?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Anyone has experience or first hand knowledge if OC spray will stop a Pit before it latches on to another dog?

Wife carries spray just for this reason...I got her a Gunfighters Inc chest holster for her Glock 17 so she could defend herself and our mutt from an attack.

She’s a total chic insert (dumb) when she says it’s easier to grab OC spray and hit the trails than putting on her holster.

Done fighting with her about it...If I’m walking the dog alone or with the wife, I’m carrying a Glock 20 in the same holster - no spray.

😎

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ilet-knife-fatally-stab-pit-bulls/70364/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone has experience or first hand knowledge if OC spray will stop a Pit before it latches on to another dog?

Wife carries spray just for this reason...I got her a Gunfighters Inc chest holster for her Glock 17 so she could defend herself and our mutt from an attack.

She’s a total chic insert (dumb) when she says it’s easier to grab OC spray and hit the trails than putting on her holster.

Done fighting with her about it...If I’m walking the dog alone or with the wife, I’m carrying a Glock 20 in the same holster - no spray.

😎

Most dog charges are bluffs, specially if you get loud and tall, a few aren't, this is what I post on page 15 of this thread.

When I had 'em, I used to run my two heeler mutts alot through town next to my bike, otherwise at that time I'd take 'em for hour-long walks early in the morning before work. During that ten-year period I always carried a 9oz can of bear spray, put bulls and other loose dogs were always a constant worry and, here in the city, shooting even a vicious dog would get complicated. Almost all charging dogs are actually bluffing and my dogs were usually the target rather than me. Anyways, I do recall using the spray eight times over a ten year period, after each time I replaced it though I had only used a fraction of it..

Only time it didn't work at the first blast was when a rott had already closed in on my loose dog and she was running ovals trying to get away and stay close to me at the same time. That rottweiler got a blast in the face every pass, finally stopped after the third pass and began rubbing her face in the grass. IIRC the other seven dogs were; one big yellow mutt, one other rottweiler, three pits, a boxer and one for the life I me I cannot recall, but I do remember using the spray eight times.

In every case the inbound dog ignored all my yelling and posturing and came right at us, in every case other than that one rottweiler that sudden 20-30ft blast of spray appeared to instantly startle the dog from "fight" to "flight" mode, throwing a switch inside its head. Most times I actually missed with the spray, shooting low, aim about 2ft above a charging dog's back if ya wanna hit it.

$50 a pop, $400 over ten years, was still much cheaper in complications, legalisms time and money than shooting 'em. Easier too.

So for me, bear spray removed any possible need for shooting seven times, including three pit bulls, that one rott where it didn't work right off came up from behind out of an adjacent yard after dark.

I don't believe it was the capsasin that did it, I missed the inbound dog almost every occasion, more like them being startled by the sudden burst. Even that one Rott that got three blasts full in the face didn't appear to be in pain, more like trying to clear its vision when it began to rub its face in the grass. It did forget all about attacking tho.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH

😎

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ilet-knife-fatally-stab-pit-bulls/70364/

Ms Duran rocks cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Good for you....

mike r

Yo Rambo,

Please elaborate on how you would handle a situation when your sound asleep, hear horrific screams, dogs fighting, and you have seconds to wake up, get your [bleep] together, assume what is happening and diffuse the situation as quickly as possibly.

Please enlighten me on your ways....

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by lapua6547; 05/25/20.
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Good for you....

mike r

Futhermore,

If you or deflave would like to debate this or anything else further. I would like dicsuss via phone or FTF.

Last edited by lapua6547; 05/25/20.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I will pick up my Glock and appraise the problem, worst case scenario planning is often the best. Playing w/ sticks is fun in the gym but is basically stupid when a gun is an option. If you approach me in a rude, angry or threatening manner w/ your sticks I will shoot you to the ground. Playtime ends when you pick up any deadly weapon...rambo.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
I will pick up my Glock and appraise the problem, worst case scenario planning is often the best. Playing w/ sticks is fun in the gym but is basically stupid when a gun is an option. If you approach me in a rude, angry or threatening manner w/ your sticks I will shoot you to the ground. Playtime ends when you pick up any deadly weapon...rambo.

mike r

Time is not your friend. You lack real life experience. You lose.......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Also, if Rotts could take out Pits with regularity, you'd see the dog-fighting rings all using Rotts. They're using Pits due to their results, not due to their reputation.

Much in the same way that, if a 2020 Escalade could take out a 1990 Subaru wagon with regularity, you'd see more new Escalades in the demolition derby.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I can tell you for a fact that a 40 with 155g Silvertips makes a mess of large dogs. 9mm-115 fmj is like shooting blanks.

Last edited by keith; 05/25/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So does a proper Bowie knife correctly applied. Works on nunchucks and escrima sticks as well.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
So does a proper Bowie knife correctly applied. Works on nunchucks and escrima sticks as well.

What have you ever stuck with your Bowie in a real life experience?

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

Real life situation from scream to reaction in less than 30 seconds? All reaction no thought?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've killed a few hogs wirh mine.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've killed a few hogs wirh mine.

To save your pet or wife? Or just another Rambo adventure?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You would be surprised. Note the use of the words "proper" and "correctly".

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
for fun and meat.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by stxhunter
for fun and meat.

That's easy. You're not on a timer to save a life.
No comparison.....

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,047
Posts18,482,245
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.