Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Louisiana has some real good laws on the books about dogs. For one thing we don't have a statewide leash law but it is illegal for your dog to be on someone else's property. Also it is very clear that any citizen may kill any dangerous or vicious dog and there is no criminal or civil liability for killing a dangerous or vicious dog. It is in Title 3 the agriculture section of the law but applies statewide anywhere and does not require the dog to be on your property if you kill him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by gemby58
Had one of my hounds attacked by a pit bull 2 weeks ago, dog went through the screen door while walking my dog with one thing in his mind, my dog. He came out and bit onto my dogs back hams and wouldnt let go untill I drop kicked the SOB in the throat, then he staggered off turned around and I fogged him down with a 10 second burst of bear mace, that ended it, next would have been the sig 220, anti pitbull suppressor. Owner ended up paying the $241 vet bill for my dog. Biggest problem now is that dog attack once and more likely again, might be a kid next time

Another pit discouraged with bear spray, with the three I did with it makes four. Only problem with mine is, since they never actually made contact, how intent they REALLY were remains unknown. They sure LOOKED serious tho. But in ten years walking/running my dogs through bad neighborhoods they never got bit, 'cept briefly by that one rot that snuck up from behind.

I will say this, I not infrequently ran into loose pit bulls, and even most of these were turned back with me shouting and posturing.

Bear spray ain't a substitute for deadly force, but I'm glad this tool was available tho.

From now on when I see a pit comeing off a leash they will be hit 20 or 30 feet away with bear mace even if I dont know what there intention are, they get any closer the sig will be ready, not playing games anymore, my dogs are my family and illl protect them like I would my family

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I like pit bulls and have had a number of them through the years. My last one was Ruby, and I had to put her down a few months ago at 14 years old. She saved my wife's life when my last Catahoula turned on her for some unknown reason. We've had 3 Catahoula Leopard dogs that I put down because they got to aggressive and we couldn't control them, I won't give that breed any more chances. No more big dogs for us were planning on traveling and been thinking about a Jack Russell or some other kind of ankle biter.

Rat terriers are in the same general class as Jack Russels but less crazy and less prone to running off.

Plus not long ago, a lot of Jack Russels got bred down to crap after the show Frasier made them popular.

You can have a rat terrier AND a cat, more of an either/or proposition with a Jack Russel.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Had one of my hounds attacked by a pit bull 2 weeks ago, dog went through the screen door while walking my dog with one thing in his mind, my dog. He came out and bit onto my dogs back hams and wouldnt let go untill I drop kicked the SOB in the throat, then he staggered off turned around and I fogged him down with a 10 second burst of bear mace, that ended it, next would have been the sig 220, anti pitbull suppressor. Owner ended up paying the $241 vet bill for my dog. Biggest problem now is that dog attack once and more likely again, might be a kid next time

Another pit discouraged with bear spray, with the three I did with it makes four. Only problem with mine is, since they never actually made contact, how intent they REALLY were remains unknown. They sure LOOKED serious tho. But in ten years walking/running my dogs through bad neighborhoods they never got bit, 'cept briefly by that one rot that snuck up from behind.

I will say this, I not infrequently ran into loose pit bulls, and even most of these were turned back with me shouting and posturing.

Bear spray ain't a substitute for deadly force, but I'm glad this tool was available tho.

From now on when I see a pit comeing off a leash they will be hit 20 or 30 feet away with bear mace even if I dont know what there intention are, they get any closer the sig will be ready, not playing games anymore, my dogs are my family and illl protect them like I would my family

Amen. Protect all whatever it takes.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Also, if Rotts could take out Pits with regularity, you'd see the dog-fighting rings all using Rotts. They're using Pits due to their results, not due to their reputation.

Much in the same way that, if a 2020 Escalade could take out a 1990 Subaru wagon with regularity, you'd see more new Escalades in the demolition derby.

Totally ridiculous example......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by lapua6547
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by deflave
When I lived in California my wife was walking our JRT's one day. All of a sudden I heard this blood curling screaming and my wife pounding on the bedroom window for help. I took off running through the house thing WTF was going on. Went through the garage and picked up my set of escrima sticks and got outside to see the neighbors pit bull chewing the the [bleep] out of 2 of my dogs. I quickly administered a barrage of " stick time" on ole Blue's head. The dumb ass Asian owner came running over to get her dog. Too fuucking late. Ole Blue fuucked with the wrong dog owner. Owner had to pay for all the surgeries for our dogs. Just glad my wife did not get bit. Fuuck pit bulls

If I had a nickel for every time my escrima sticks saved my ass...

Good for you....

You can go all Dog Bros on they azz. If someone tries to hit you w/ a stick or numchuks, or a bat can you shoot
them? Enquiring minds want to know. Any dog off the leash is a potential target.

mike r

Yo Rambo,

Please elaborate on how you would handle a situation when your sound asleep, hear horrific screams, dogs fighting, and you have seconds to wake up, get your [bleep] together, assume what is happening and diffuse the situation as quickly as possibly.

Please enlighten me on your ways....

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hopefully you learned you should of had a gun or two with you. I leave a 9mm in my britches next to my side of the bed and have a 10mm on my night stand. Never leave your home without a gun, this could of went very bad, you never know what your going to run into these days. Your buddy looks like it's saying why me what did I do to deserve this.

Life is good live it while you can.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I only ever had to break up one dog fight. Two of the neighbor's stock dogs had our JRT on his back. One had him by the throat, the other was chewing the hell out of his exposed chest. I was out in the yard working when I heard the commotion.

I had to go about forty yards to intervene. I figured the jack russel would not survive the amount of time it would have taken me to go in the house, open the safe. and load a gun. So I picked up a fallen tree limb on the way. About 2 1/2 inches in diameter and seven feet long.

I brought that stick off the ground behind me and cracked one dog over the head in my best Paul Bunyon axe swing imitation. I hit him so hard, it broke the limb over his head. But that is all it took. They both, along with a third dog standing 30 yds back watching took off for home as hard as they could run.

That damned JRT jumped to his feet and took off in high pursuit. He came back about five minutes later with his head in the air and tail wagging, proud as hell for running those big bullies away.

But by night fall the little schitt was so stiff he could hardly walk outside to do his business. It was a Sunday morning. Monday, I was there when they opened the doors of the Vet Clinic. They put in about thirty stitches and gave him some analgesics. IIRC, the bill was a bit less than $150. Pretty reasonable!

If the attacking dogs had been pits, I would have made the detour into the house and grabbed one of the 41s. Our JRT would have probably been dead by the time I intervened, but I would have gotten at least one of the attacking dogs.

I usually end dog issues with the 264 and a 100 gr ballistic tip, but a couple have fallen to the 22-250, and one to the Marlin 1894 in 41 mag. The only times I have used a handgun on a dog have been end of days mercy shots. Even a 17 HMR works there as well as the 327. Actually a 22 lr shot shell to the base of the skull puts a dog down instantly. I have done so with 3 or 4 over the years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Hastings
Did the pit bull that was attacked with escrima sticks die from his injuries? The injuries inflicted by the sticks?

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by deflave
When I lived in California my wife was walking our JRT's one day. All of a sudden I heard this blood curling screaming and my wife pounding on the bedroom window for help. I took off running through the house thing WTF was going on. Went through the garage and picked up my set of escrima sticks and got outside to see the neighbors pit bull chewing the the [bleep] out of 2 of my dogs. I quickly administered a barrage of " stick time" on ole Blue's head. The dumb ass Asian owner came running over to get her dog. Too fuucking late. Ole Blue fuucked with the wrong dog owner. Owner had to pay for all the surgeries for our dogs. Just glad my wife did not get bit. Fuuck pit bulls

If I had a nickel for every time my escrima sticks saved my ass...

Good for you....

You can go all Dog Bros on they azz. If someone tries to hit you w/ a stick or numchuks, or a bat can you shoot
them? Enquiring minds want to know. Any dog off the leash is a potential target.

mike r

Yo Rambo,

Please elaborate on how you would handle a situation when your sound asleep, hear horrific screams, dogs fighting, and you have seconds to wake up, get your [bleep] together, assume what is happening and diffuse the situation as quickly as possibly.

Please enlighten me on your ways....

Hopefully you learned you should of had a gun or two with you. I leave a 9mm in my britches next to my side of the bed and have a 10mm on my night stand. Never leave your home without a gun, this could of went very bad, you never know what your going to run into these days. Your buddy looks like it's saying why me what did I do to deserve this.

You've missed the big picture....

1. In bed sleeping from working many hours.
2. Woke up from wife screaming, pounding on window, dogs fighting.

3. Timer starts......
4. Clueless as to what is really happening.
5. Run like a mother fuucker through the house, into the garage, to the outdoors.
6. See sticks on bench. Pick them up.
7. Proceed to beat the fuuck out of the dog that is chewing your dogs up.
8. Diffuse assualt quickly.
9. My dogs life is saved and pit bull is stopped.
10. This all happens in a very short time span.
11. Discharging a firearm in Huntington Beach California would get messy.
12. One again... every second matters.
13. Curious as to what you all would have done?

Time......

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Did the pit bull that was attacked with escrima sticks die from his injuries? The injuries inflicted by the sticks?

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

Where you there or are you a keyboard warrior?

You calling me a liar?

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

You calling me a liar?

Yes. That's what bullshit means.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

You calling me a liar?

Interesting perspective you have.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

You calling me a liar?

It's known as common sense.

You claim to have fractured the skull (sic) of a pit with two drumsticks.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I will just leave this here. I went down and talked to the owner of the cow dogs the next day. The one I smacked had hardly even a knot on his head. His owner had not even noticed any damage.

If I was forced to choose a blunt instrument to thwart dog attacks, it would be about four feet of 1 1/4 inch schedule 40 galvanized pipe with a pipe cap on each end and five pounds of lead poured into it.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

You calling me a liar?

Where you there? Fractured was being polite....

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I will just leave this here. I went down and talked to the owner of the cow dogs the next day. The one I smacked had hardly even a knot on his head. His owner had not even noticed any damage.

If I was forced to choose a blunt instrument to thwart dog attacks, it would be about four feet of 1 1/4 inch schedule 40 galvanized pipe with a pipe cap on each end and five pounds of lead poured into it.

Apparently your striking ability is substandard.

I'll leave that here..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Fractured scull.

Bullshit.

You calling me a liar?

Where you there? Fractured was being polite....

Pit skull (sic) is now mush?

Well, it was *two* drumsticks.

No, I wasn't there when the bullshit happened, but I was *here* when you posted that the bullshit happened.

That's close enough.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I like pit bulls and have had a number of them through the years. My last one was Ruby, and I had to put her down a few months ago at 14 years old. She saved my wife's life when my last Catahoula turned on her for some unknown reason. We've had 3 Catahoula Leopard dogs that I put down because they got to aggressive and we couldn't control them, I won't give that breed any more chances. No more big dogs for us were planning on traveling and been thinking about a Jack Russell or some other kind of ankle biter.

Dang! I hate to hear that about your Catahoulas. We have one now that is a great family dog.

They are great dogs but get really possessive with age. Why Gumbo turned on my wife is anyone's guess, she's an animal lover and has been attacked 3 different times by dogs. All 3 of our Catahoulas would bite if you got out of your vehicle in our yard, sometimes, no growling or barking just bite the heck out of someone. It got to the point where you had to chain them if someone drove into the yard because you never knew what was going to happen.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

A golf club will easily kill a dog and makes a good walking stick.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Fubarski.... I guess this reveals your intelligence level or lack thereof.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,116
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.