Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guys,

There is no reason to make all these derogatory remarks to this woman. This has nothing to do with her looks, bra size, weight, or anything else of a personal nature. There is not a single one of you, being honest with yourself, that would not be aggravated if someone started firing in the direction of your home and was less than 500' away. It is like the old adage "It is legal but is it ethical or safe?" Her house and other houses were there before he built his range. Who here can honestly say they would have built as he did? I wouldn't have. Safety first is more than just a slogan, it is a way of life.

She came to this forum to defend herself and her actions from the first few posts. She is a smart, intelligent, stand up woman who obviously threatens the testosterone levels of a lot of you guys. It is obvious she does not intimidate easily and stands up for herself. This is the kind of standup woman we want on our side not some mamby pamby wishy washy woman who cowers and hides at the first sign of trouble.

You don't know anything about her except she has good lucks and a great body. You don't have to agree with her but you also don't need to be making personal attacks of a sexual nature. I figure most of these are from fat, old, paunch gut men who haven't seen their small dicks in years and will never have the pleasure of having such a pretty woman on your arm while walking down the street. Prove me wrong.

Jim

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

Here's a few brief observations I have. Some of which concerns you two...

1) Misty, neither you nor the range owner is 100% in the right, so to speak.

I think you have over dramatized the situation, and are making some claims that will be hard to prove.

The range owner isn't 100% in the right because he obviously doesn't care about causing issues with the neighbors. He may have the rule of law in his favor, but in many cases, just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it.

2) This has nothing to do with looks or male or female. We ought to have more class here than to personally insult someone over their looks, or call them names. (Trolls excepted grin )

3) The OP had the title right from the beginning. Shooting Range Drama. Stress on the "Drama" part. So far, it has lived up to it's name.[/quote]
[/quote]

1. ) We did try to work with him, we asked him to turn it and that would've been acceptable but he didn't want to turn it away, he admitted he could see our home but never drove back here to see how many others homes there were, which rule number one when setting a berm is no your back stop and further more what is behind it since no shot is guaranteed that is off the NRA page and just common sense. There was a guy over a mile away who had a ricochet come through our yard while we were building the guy behind me went to him and showed him the trees it was hitting and the guy rectified his berm no issues, no one persecuted him, no one sued him, it was an honest mistake that he wasn't aware and he addressed it, problem solved he shoots almost nightly out here no one cares or bothers him in fact if we don't hear him we assume he is traveling, a few blocks away there is another house shoots all the time as well, again his range is safely away from every one and he has above ground back stop and they are also not shooting 50 BMG , the guy at the end of our street has a 50 BMG he used to have a range out back ( well technically he still does ) but once people built behind him he no longer would consider shooting that on his range because it is logical or safe as he said and it's just not worth it...

1-B.) Yes the owner blatantly said he doesn't care about safety of those behind him in fact verbatim " that's a risk I'm willing to take he said in fron of an audience of 5 people "

2.) Correct looks or gender have nothing to do with the range at all

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Guys,

There is no reason to make all these derogatory remarks to this woman. This has nothing to do with her looks, bra size, weight, or anything else of a personal nature. There is not a single one of you, being honest with yourself, that would not be aggravated if someone started firing in the direction of your home and was less than 500' away. It is like the old adage "It is legal but is it ethical or safe?" Her house and other houses were there before he built his range. Who here can honestly say they would have built as he did? I wouldn't have. Safety first is more than just a slogan, it is a way of life.

She came to this forum to defend herself and her actions from the first few posts. She is a smart, intelligent, stand up woman who obviously threatens the testosterone levels of a lot of you guys. It is obvious she does not intimidate easily and stands up for herself. This is the kind of standup woman we want on our side not some mamby pamby wishy washy woman who cowers and hides at the first sign of trouble.

You don't know anything about her except she has good lucks and a great body. You don't have to agree with her but you also don't need to be making personal attacks of a sexual nature. I figure most of these are from fat, old, paunch gut men who haven't seen their small dicks in years and will never have the pleasure of having such a pretty woman on your arm while walking down the street. Prove me wrong.

Jim

Thank you Jim for sticking to valid points. There isn't a single of those keyboard warriors that would come stand on my property line while they are hot over there or willing to send a video of someone firing a fully automatic or 50 BMG with no upper berm just 500 ft away either.

The logic of some that we should all see our houses and move makes zero sense. So what we sell we move the new owners have the same issues and everyone keeps selling out here to accommodate the guys who isn't being safe? Our house took over a 1.5 years to build since it was a custom home, the couple behind us is their retirement home, same with the couple across from me and the one beside me, the one at end of our street both houses retired Navy vets built their retirement homes, couple who just moved in small children wanted them to be in a safe desired area to have friends to play safely, state trooper wanted peace, it goes on and on so those who feel we should all sell is just not even logical.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Guys,

Jim

Soooooo you have a crush on the drama queen and are soliciting for dick pics?

MAGA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Old women are brutal.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Do you have any pics of this? I'd really like to see it as it sounds pretty interesting.

No pics, but anyone with a few brain cells to rub together should be able to figure it out. Go to a trucking company or a big truck tire shop and scavenge up about a dozen worn out tires. They'll probably give them to you. Build a wood or metal rack that puts the hole in the tire at shooting bench height and stand the tires up side by side. Drill holes in the sidewalls and bolt them together with fender washers so you create a long tube.to shoot through. The air chambers of the tires create a series of baffles to absorb the pressure waves that cause the sound to travel. It's just like a suppressor on steroids. A side benefit is that it creates a glare-proof tunnel so you can shoot with the sun behind the target- - - -no glare that wipes out the scope picture.
Jerry

Won't work to solve her problem. The loudest noise comes from the sonic boom of the bullet. A 50BMG is still supersonic after it leaves the tires.

And it won't solve the ricochet problem down range. I'm no expert but I've been associated with two ranges that had ricochet problems from rifle bullets off the berm. I don't think the range inthe photo is safe.

Get range safety guidlines from the NRA and then file an injunction. Shouldn't matter if there is a Florida statute. The issue is endangering lives, not following some ordnance.

Indy,

You really need to stop displaying your ignorance on this one. As has already been pointed out, anyone, who during their time in the service, or at long range matches, has worked down range pit duty, and had bullets fly directly over their head at supersonic speeds, knows you above claim JUST ISN'T TRUE.

AS: All I can say is that, as an NRA-classified Lifetime Master in High Power Rifle since 1961, I've been in the pits while thousands of rounds went about 6 feet over my head. The firing line was 200 yards away. the "crack" from the bullet was MUCH LOUDER than the rifle's report, which was heard a fraction of a second later.

Now it may be that the berm (behind me) absorbs some of the sound of the rifle's report. But consider this: The impact area (in front of me) at my club is about 50 feet high, with the bullets impacting near the bottom. Behind that is a street about 600 feet away. One time I was on that street during a rapid fire (about 4 shooters firing 40 shots total in 60 seconds) match. I thought the sound was pretty loud and obnoxious.

Sometimes while in the pits I've seen bullets ricochet and hit the hill in back, about 10 feet or so up from the initial impact. I don't think the so-called berm in the photo at the start of this thread would provide protection from such a ricochet.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Guys,

Jim

I doubt it, but he has some class unlike most of the bozos here, dont type it if you wont say it to someones face.... doubtful we have all the facts. and in the end it doesn't matter one bit what we think, its just a opinion. Amazing the remarks someone will say.... wonder how they treat their own family, or if they kick there dog when they wander out of their trailer in the morning to scratch there ball sacks... once they find them.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by johnn
Guys,

Jim

I doubt it, but he has some class unlike most of the bozos here, dont type it if you wont say it to someones face.... doubtful we have all the facts. and in the end it doesn't matter one bit what we think, its just a opinion. Amazing the remarks someone will say.... wonder how they treat their own family, or if they kick there dog when they wander out of their trailer in the morning to scratch there ball sacks... once they find them.

Rockingbbar’s post showed class. Batman’s had a bunch of snarky insults. The irony should not need pointed out. For the record I never insulted her, simply asked if there was a link for nudes. Given the nature of pics already provided that is not out of line.

Ymmv

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guys,

Jim

Rockingbbar’s post showed class. Batman’s had a bunch of snarky insults. The irony should not need pointed out. For the record I never insulted her, simply asked if there was a link for nudes. Given the nature of pics already provided that is not out of line.

Ymmv

And for what reason did you want nude pics...? ..... eh, just askin....

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by md44815
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Any number of agencies could, and would, shut it down if the found a legitimate and immediate public safety concern. If they haven't done so, you won't get it done.

You do realize that most of what you have blathered on this board would (not could, but would) be used against you if something were to happen and you tried to sue someone?
You believed yourself in danger. You had the time, opportunity, and means to remove yourself from that danger. You didn't because you're standing on the same stubbornness and property rights that your neighbor is.

All you're doing is paying for your attorney's new car and trying to get a little marketing for your "assets".

If you think your son is in danger, remove him from that danger. That is YOUR responsibility, regardless of your neighbors actions. If you don't, you suck as a mother.

I don't buy that at all, if he damages any property or worse hurts someone he's screwed. And my guess is so is the county.

Yes, he would be screwed, but so would she. Remember that cases are not always just one persons fault or the other persons fault. Quite often it is proportional. And, if you knowingly kept yourself in a situation that you believed yourself to be in imminent danger, even though you had opportunity and means to remove yourself from that danger, you are just as culpable as the person who acted recklessly.

Well let me point out the County is working on our attorney side so they are covering their tracks and not one county attorney or one commissioner or State rep who also side with us has ever mentioned that we should uproot and sell, that would require almost 20 brand new homes out here sell in one of the most desired neighborhoods heck the one family who have small children literally just moved in last week, the other one on their street hasn't even had a chance to close on their final loan modification yet.. so that is your reply you think the county is going to tell everyone out here to sell and then what the people who buy after them should continue to just keep selling as revolving door as well? That logic makes no sense

If you don't already understand that the state and county are more interested in covering their ass than your safety, then you're being naive.

Best of Luck.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ever tried Great Stuff?

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
All the guy needs to do is install a tower to shoot from.

In Texas you can shoot on your property out of town and with in the laws of your local as long as the projectiles do not cross the fence. whistle

The bullets need to stay on your side.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Any link for nudes yet?

PM Kingston.

eek eek

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by md44815
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Any number of agencies could, and would, shut it down if the found a legitimate and immediate public safety concern. If they haven't done so, you won't get it done.

You do realize that most of what you have blathered on this board would (not could, but would) be used against you if something were to happen and you tried to sue someone?
You believed yourself in danger. You had the time, opportunity, and means to remove yourself from that danger. You didn't because you're standing on the same stubbornness and property rights that your neighbor is.

All you're doing is paying for your attorney's new car and trying to get a little marketing for your "assets".

If you think your son is in danger, remove him from that danger. That is YOUR responsibility, regardless of your neighbors actions. If you don't, you suck as a mother.

I don't buy that at all, if he damages any property or worse hurts someone he's screwed. And my guess is so is the county.

Yes, he would be screwed, but so would she. Remember that cases are not always just one persons fault or the other persons fault. Quite often it is proportional. And, if you knowingly kept yourself in a situation that you believed yourself to be in imminent danger, even though you had opportunity and means to remove yourself from that danger, you are just as culpable as the person who acted recklessly.

Well let me point out the County is working on our attorney side so they are covering their tracks and not one county attorney or one commissioner or State rep who also side with us has ever mentioned that we should uproot and sell, that would require almost 20 brand new homes out here sell in one of the most desired neighborhoods heck the one family who have small children literally just moved in last week, the other one on their street hasn't even had a chance to close on their final loan modification yet.. so that is your reply you think the county is going to tell everyone out here to sell and then what the people who buy after them should continue to just keep selling as revolving door as well? That logic makes no sense

If you don't already understand that the state and county are more interested in covering their ass than your safety, then you're being naive.

Best of Luck.

No no we agree we know the county and state are looking to address it to cover their asses due to the hefty paper trail from several homes out here.

The State already has a ton of lawsuits over this topic on other cases because Counties were getting sued so the other action the county could take do the way the Statue is written, was to sue the State, that's how we found our attorney through the first county who sued the state and his firm won against the state in that suit. The last thing they need is someone to get hit by a stray or have that 50 go rogue and into that populated area and now there is a long paper trail showing letters from multiple homes reaching out with concern to both the Governor's office, the Attorney General, the Senators office, State Reps, County Commissioners, County Attorney, EPA, Code enforcement and zoning and planning, because then you have a deliberate in differential lawsuit on them as well. Most of our County officials also have said this is just insane.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The guy better have blue sky barriers and count on more than a a tall berm to contain the lead.

I've been a member of two shooting ranges that have almost shut down because neighbors out buildings got hit by bullets leaving the range. These ranges had tall hills beyond the back stops.

The one incident was on a 200 plus yard range and police doing training launched the bullets out.

In the end, Its not the home owner building the range that will screw up, its his stupid guests that may take him down.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How would all of you neighborhood girls feel if he were building a heliport in his side yard ?

God only knows when a rouge Bell ranger might take out a daycare center, and oh the noise !!!!!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The road in front of my house has cars driving up and down it all day and some even after dark!
There are no barriers, there is nothing to stop a car if one were to turn and head off the road.

They could hit my house, worse yet they could hit one of my children!

The state needs to do something about this it's so dangerous and nobody will listen to me...

They either need to put an end to cars driving on these roads or build barriers strong enough to hold cars back to save my poor family...

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys,

Jim

Ymmv

And for what reason did you want nude pics...? ..... eh, just askin....

Uh? To look at pictures of nekkid women?

is there a mo betta reason?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Billygoat, you are a low class a$$hole. That pretty sums it up. There was nothing snarky. Just facts. Post a pic of yourself proving me wrong if you dare.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by akasparky
The road in front of my house has cars driving up and down it all day and some even after dark!
There are no barriers, there is nothing to stop a car if one were to turn and head off the road.

They could hit my house, worse yet they could hit one of my children!

The state needs to do something about this it's so dangerous and nobody will listen to me...

They either need to put an end to cars driving on these roads or build barriers strong enough to hold cars back to save my poor family...

Good fences make good neighbors?

We live at the end of a curve on a rural, 55mph, road, just as it straightens out again. Car come around that bend fast sometimes. I wonder if some big rocks from the quarry/gravel pit are called for. The neighbor 1/4 mile down the road runs cows, few times a year the semis hauling them in and out come around that curve. If one were to leave the road, it could get messy.

Oh, the joys of living rural. Or even semi rural, Or suburban. Or urban. Or in a skyscraper.

fugginneighbors fugginupeveryfugginthing..................just like the Chinese.

In it is contentment

Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 48 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,290
Posts18,505,220
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.