Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Has Deflave made his inspection yet?
Has the report been filed yet?

I’m certain he would like the break from vacuuming and cleaning.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My take away from all of this is,..if you live in a place named "Weeki Wachee", you have to put up with other people who will take up residence in a place called "Weeki Wachee".

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Also,...my reference shows that only 13 people live in "Weechi Wachee",..6 men, 7 women.

I think I see the problem.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Weeki-Wachee-Florida.html

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by md44815
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Makes you wonder about all the other potential ranges that may pop up in the area in future.

We had the other problem with suburbia creeping into the area of a long established range - safety complaints were unfounded so mainly complaints about noise now. Moron house buyers obviously didn't hear the gun fire during the inspections. We were here first and are winning the battle - they've been whinging for a long time now but seem to be able to cry themselves to sleep at night okay.

we have plenty of other ranges out here and no issue with them, one guy shoots nightly another 15 minutes he should be starting up in fact ... no issue at all

The issue with this one is it is aimed at houses and he has NO upper berm at all he has a hole he dug out and that is great if you were firing a hand gun down in the hole but when you are shooting a 50 bmg and your are a 100 yds down range also on level ground and you have no upper berm or back stop that is reckless. Any rifle actually you would shoot from down on the level ground because if you're site is off then where is that stray heading?

….

It's the distant ranges that can also present a risk. Here they apply a "danger zone template" around the range and it can extend for a few km behind the range backstop depending on the firearms that the range is licensed to use. In fact we can't use the high power "sniper" cartridges like the 338Lapua, 416 Cheytac on our public range because they exceed the licenced template. Or the 50BMG either but that is a different class of licence and not many people have those.

Anyone here recall the woman that was killed by a 303 ricochet off the water in New York? - I think it happened in the late 1960s. The woman was a mile from where the rifle was fired.

There was another in Texas just a few years ago went over a mile and went into her RV and killed her so yep you are correct. Our Sportsman Range here which is open to public one Sat a month won't allow a 50 BMG or certain rifle on anything other than the 200 yard range here because there is nothing behind that one for miles. They thought I was crazy when I asked if I could use the 100 yard range instead, then I told them why I was asking.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by rem141r
just because its legal, that doesn't make it right. if that guy knew he wanted a range, he should have bought more rural. he's a self-centered dickhead.

and ain't no way he's doing a 50 foot embankment. it would need a huge amount of space to get it that high.

you nailed it smile

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Another thing occurring to me.

One time I was shooting a 200 yard sitting rapid fire match with an M1 Garand. In such matches, after firing the first two, you load and fire an 8-round en bloc clip. You're in a tight sling. Well, the M1 went full auto for the last three rounds because the hammer hooks or something had worn. Obviously I was not expecting this and the muzzle climbed, despite the tight sling. I'm pretty sure no rounds went over our 50-foot hill behind the impact area but, from the pictures, I think some wouldhavegone over the perp's ridiculous trench. And what if it happened on the first round out of the clip, instead of after five?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

One time I was shooting a 200 yard sitting rapid fire match with an M1 Garand. In such matches, after firing the first two, you load and fire an 8-round en bloc clip. You're in a tight sling. Well, the M1 went full auto for the last three rounds because the hammer hooks or something had worn. Obviously I was not expecting this and the muzzle climbed, despite the tight sling. I'm pretty sure no rounds went over our 50-foot hill behind the impact area but, from the pictures, I think some wouldhavegone over the perp's ridiculous trench. And what if it happened on the first round out of the clip, instead of after five?

I don't know,.......what?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Do you have any pics of this? I'd really like to see it as it sounds pretty interesting.

No pics, but anyone with a few brain cells to rub together should be able to figure it out. Go to a trucking company or a big truck tire shop and scavenge up about a dozen worn out tires. They'll probably give them to you. Build a wood or metal rack that puts the hole in the tire at shooting bench height and stand the tires up side by side. Drill holes in the sidewalls and bolt them together with fender washers so you create a long tube.to shoot through. The air chambers of the tires create a series of baffles to absorb the pressure waves that cause the sound to travel. It's just like a suppressor on steroids. A side benefit is that it creates a glare-proof tunnel so you can shoot with the sun behind the target- - - -no glare that wipes out the scope picture.
Jerry

Won't work to solve her problem. The loudest noise comes from the sonic boom of the bullet. A 50BMG is still supersonic after it leaves the tires.

And it won't solve the ricochet problem down range. I'm no expert but I've been associated with two ranges that had ricochet problems from rifle bullets off the berm. I don't think the range inthe photo is safe.

Get range safety guidlines from the NRA and then file an injunction. Shouldn't matter if there is a Florida statute. The issue is endangering lives, not following some ordnance.

Indy,

You really need to stop displaying your ignorance on this one. As has already been pointed out, anyone, who during their time in the service, or at long range matches, has worked down range pit duty, and had bullets fly directly over their head at supersonic speeds, knows you above claim JUST ISN'T TRUE.

AS: All I can say is that, as an NRA-classified Lifetime Master in High Power Rifle since 1961, I've been in the pits while thousands of rounds went about 6 feet over my head. The firing line was 200 yards away. the "crack" from the bullet was MUCH LOUDER than the rifle's report, which was heard a fraction of a second later.

Now it may be that the berm (behind me) absorbs some of the sound of the rifle's report. But consider this: The impact area (in front of me) at my club is about 50 feet high, with the bullets impacting near the bottom. Behind that is a street about 600 feet away. One time I was on that street during a rapid fire (about 4 shooters firing 40 shots total in 60 seconds) match. I thought the sound was pretty loud and obnoxious.

Sometimes while in the pits I've seen bullets ricochet and hit the hill in back, about 10 feet or so up from the initial impact. I don't think the so-called berm in the photo at the start of this thread would provide protection from such a ricochet.

I think this about covers it:

Originally Posted by renegade50

Time to chime in!!!!

Fugging rds zipping by ya sound like a green branch loudly snapping.
Thats about it.....
BTDT all over this planet in training and in firefights.

It aint a fugging F16 nearing the sound barrier and then breaking it
Immediately over your position...

Not some fugging hearing destroying schitt like some wanta think.
JFC.......

What destroys your hearing is concussive repeative shearing pulse muzzle blast.
Especially in close proximity of the effects of it on the immediate flanks of a gun muzzle...
Backing off the edge of a adjacent wpn system being fired even 1 or 2 ft when you find yourself in that circumstance.
Your fugging bell wont be rocked as severely or at all....

BTDT
Way too many times to count.
And sometimes you cant fugging move or its an after the fact event.

Oh P.S......
Graduate of 24 yrs of service in the Infantry.
Holder of surface danger zone training certificates.
Holder of ammo67/range hazmat certificates.
Holder of aerial and indirect fires coordination certificates.
Small arms and manuver range operator and repairer to include shoot house,s. 9mm to .50 for 3 yrs after I retired at FTCKY.
Turned down Goat fugg Montgomery County shooting complex range directors job.

Now back to the " Why cant I get my way Mistykins show"

LMFAO!!!!!

AS: Don't think so.

Everyone in our pits wears hearing protection.

Why would anyone who was in the infantry know anything? My son is a field grade infantry officer (I'd bet Renegade wasn't). The infantry nowadays barely ever shoots their rifles and most of them are very poor shots. A bunch of my civilian friends who had lots of leg points (that's a credential for being a good shot) were asked to volunteer to go to Ft. Benning and train the the instructors how to train troops how to shoot 77 grain SMKs. Most of the troops didn't know how to adjust M16 sights and some didn't even know they were adjustable.

Buncha made up schit as usual from you....

Hmm... I retired in 08...
You dont know a fugging thing and most of your post are outright world of commander mcbragg bullschitt.....
In fact your so full of schit, your stomach should be a fugging septic tank.
Out right fugging lies that you word craft on here all the time just to play devils advocate .

Blow me.....
I never pay attention to your post.
Like you have never noticed.
Your a fughing idiot whose piehole flaps alot .
And like to expell 2nd hand hearsay schit that you have no idea of.
All the fughing time...
LMFAO!!!
And it aint just me that notices it either.

Nco,s run ranges , set up ranges and operate the ranges and conduct the training....
But of course you wouldnt know that...
Officers guide the overall process.

Fughing idiot is what you are and many on here have hemmed you up over the years about your stupidity time and time and time again.

Im just being nice by never responding to any of the dumb schit you come up with......

Stay in your own lane old man.
Your not relevant....
And no one believes much you have to say.

Now bust on me for grammar nazi stuff.
Please....
Its always the last resort.
Cause its about all you have in your "please include me feeble old mind" you might have.

LMFAO!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Do you have any pics of this? I'd really like to see it as it sounds pretty interesting.

No pics, but anyone with a few brain cells to rub together should be able to figure it out. Go to a trucking company or a big truck tire shop and scavenge up about a dozen worn out tires. They'll probably give them to you. Build a wood or metal rack that puts the hole in the tire at shooting bench height and stand the tires up side by side. Drill holes in the sidewalls and bolt them together with fender washers so you create a long tube.to shoot through. The air chambers of the tires create a series of baffles to absorb the pressure waves that cause the sound to travel. It's just like a suppressor on steroids. A side benefit is that it creates a glare-proof tunnel so you can shoot with the sun behind the target- - - -no glare that wipes out the scope picture.
Jerry

Won't work to solve her problem. The loudest noise comes from the sonic boom of the bullet. A 50BMG is still supersonic after it leaves the tires.

And it won't solve the ricochet problem down range. I'm no expert but I've been associated with two ranges that had ricochet problems from rifle bullets off the berm. I don't think the range inthe photo is safe.

Get range safety guidlines from the NRA and then file an injunction. Shouldn't matter if there is a Florida statute. The issue is endangering lives, not following some ordnance.

Indy,

You really need to stop displaying your ignorance on this one. As has already been pointed out, anyone, who during their time in the service, or at long range matches, has worked down range pit duty, and had bullets fly directly over their head at supersonic speeds, knows you above claim JUST ISN'T TRUE.

AS: All I can say is that, as an NRA-classified Lifetime Master in High Power Rifle since 1961, I've been in the pits while thousands of rounds went about 6 feet over my head. The firing line was 200 yards away. the "crack" from the bullet was MUCH LOUDER than the rifle's report, which was heard a fraction of a second later.

Now it may be that the berm (behind me) absorbs some of the sound of the rifle's report. But consider this: The impact area (in front of me) at my club is about 50 feet high, with the bullets impacting near the bottom. Behind that is a street about 600 feet away. One time I was on that street during a rapid fire (about 4 shooters firing 40 shots total in 60 seconds) match. I thought the sound was pretty loud and obnoxious.

Sometimes while in the pits I've seen bullets ricochet and hit the hill in back, about 10 feet or so up from the initial impact. I don't think the so-called berm in the photo at the start of this thread would provide protection from such a ricochet.

Time to chime in!!!!

Thats about it.....

JFC.......

Especially in close proximity of the effects of it on the immediate flanks of a gun muzzle...
Backing off the edge of a adjacent wpn system being fired even 1 or 2 ft when you find yourself in that circumstance.

BTDT

Oh P.S......
Small arms and manuver range operator and repairer to include shoot house,s. 9mm to .50 for 3 yrs after I retired at FTCKY.

LMFAO!!!!!

Why would anyone who was in the infantry know anything? My son is a field grade infantry officer (I'd bet Renegade wasn't). The infantry nowadays barely ever shoots their rifles and most of them are very poor shots. A bunch of my civilian friends who had lots of leg points (that's a credential for being a good shot) were asked to volunteer to go to Ft. Benning and train the the instructors how to train troops how to shoot 77 grain SMKs. Most of the troops didn't know how to adjust M16 sights and some didn't even know they were adjustable.

INDY,s post is so full of made up bullschitt.
It is fugging pathetic.
Off the cuff made up Bullschit for some hopeful relevant post by you in your aged brain.

Your worse than fugging Joe Biden...
LMFAO!!!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

You dont know a fugging thing

full of schit,

fugging lies

Blow me.....

schit

All the fughing time...

Fughing idiot

Do you have any rational comments or counterpoints to make about anything I posted?

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
just because its legal, that doesn't make it right. if that guy knew he wanted a range, he should have bought more rural. he's a self-centered dickhead.

and ain't no way he's doing a 50 foot embankment. it would need a huge amount of space to get it that high.

A 45 or 50 foot "fence" capable of stopping a .50 BMG, or a 30-06 FMJ, would have to be made from some pretty thick timbers. Several feet at least, and either overlapping or two fences with packed dirt in between. That would cost many hundreds of thousands of dollars. Ain't no way the perp is going to spring for that.

And where the heck do you even get timbers 50 feet tall? Oh, they have to be sunk into the ground? Gonna need some concrete.

Concrete block walls? Hate to tell ya but a 30-06 will knock a hole right through them.

Many years ago I read of an experiment where various ammo was fired through pine boards 3/4 inch thick. 30-06 ball penetrated 72 of them. Now solid oak is not the same as pine boards but you get the idea. When one of my clubs had ricochet problems--and we had bulldozed what we thought was a safe berm--the NRA told us how to do it. The resulting assessment was well into six figures (I forget exactly how much). The solution wasn't anywhere near 50 feet tall.

#earthembankment

#dumphuck

How do you make a 50 foot earth embankment where the ground is sand.

And don't swear at me. I'm not your wife.

yep, his wife wouldn't put up with that chit....

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

A 45 or 50 foot "fence" capable of stopping a .50 BMG, or a 30-06 FMJ, would have to be made from some pretty thick timbers. Several feet at least, and either overlapping or two fences with packed dirt in between. That would cost many hundreds of thousands of dollars. Ain't no way the perp is going to spring for that.

And where the heck do you even get timbers 50 feet tall? Oh, they have to be sunk into the ground? Gonna need some concrete.

Concrete block walls? Hate to tell ya but a 30-06 will knock a hole right through them.

Many years ago I read of an experiment where various ammo was fired through pine boards 3/4 inch thick. 30-06 ball penetrated 72 of them. Now solid oak is not the same as pine boards but you get the idea. When one of my clubs had ricochet problems--and we had bulldozed what we thought was a safe berm--the NRA told us how to do it. The resulting assessment was well into six figures (I forget exactly how much). The solution wasn't anywhere near 50 feet tall.

#earthembankment

#dumphuck

# Indypullingschitouttahisassasusual

LMFAO!!!
#tryingsohardforrelevancewithbullschitpost

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by johnn

#earthembankment

#dumphuck

How do you make a 50 foot earth embankment where the ground is sand.

And don't swear at me. I'm not your wife.

yep, his wife wouldn't put up with that chit....

You two are a cute couple.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Jerry

Indy,

Time to chime in!!!!

Thats about it.....

JFC.......

BTDT

Oh P.S......

LMFAO!!!!!

Buncha made up schit as usual from you....

Hmm... I retired in 08...
You dont know a fugging thing and most of your post are outright world of commander mcbragg bullschitt.....
In fact your so full of schit, your stomach should be a fugging septic tank.
Out right fugging lies that you word craft on here all the time just to play devils advocate .

Blow me.....
I never pay attention to your post.
Like you have never noticed.
Your a fughing idiot whose piehole flaps alot .
And like to expell 2nd hand hearsay schit that you have no idea of.
All the fughing time...
LMFAO!!!
And it aint just me that notices it either.

Nco,s run ranges , set up ranges and operate the ranges and conduct the training....
But of course you wouldnt know that...
Officers guide the overall process.

Fughing idiot is what you are and many on here have hemmed you up over the years about your stupidity time and time and time again.

Im just being nice by never responding to any of the dumb schit you come up with......

Stay in your own lane old man.
Your not relevant....
And no one believes much you have to say.

Now bust on me for grammar nazi stuff.
Please....
Its always the last resort.
Cause its about all you have in your "please include me feeble old mind" you might have.

LMFAO!!!

you dont say...! You certainly have a way with words, such a vast and incredible imagination and command of the English language... you rock dude.....!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Full of schitt story again.
# stilltryingforouttatheazzrelevancy

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Has Deflave made his inspection yet?
Has the report been filed yet?

I’m certain he would like the break from vacuuming and cleaning.

The neighbor lady doesn't like getting inspected unless it is Saturday.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Full of schitt story again.
# stilltryingforouttatheazzrelevancy

full of schit,

fugging lies

Blow me.....

schit

All the fughing time...

Fughing idiot

Do you have any rational comments or counterpoints to make about anything I posted?

Plenty ....
You want me to pick em apart.
Here is one to start with....

Whats your sons CMF desiginator.
Surely a proud dad would know that.
What his unit?
But then again you been on here for years.
1st time I ever heard about you having a son whose was a firld grade in the infantry.
I have a incredible memory.
You have a officer son in the infantry would never escape it
It would have gone into the storage bank big time.

Oh another one you fugged up on

Volunteer buddies of yours going to benning to teach the cadre how to use 77 smk,s.
Your fughing stupid dude
What was their POI and MOI
How long was the feilding and when
What ranges did they use per Bldg 4
What is Bldg 4

Sorry bud that aint happening
Paid civilian contractors feild systems .
Fugging moron just making up schit on the fly is what your doing.

Can pick apart plenty of other schit you post also.

Might even make a sport of it for awhile.

LMFAO!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

full of schit,

fugging lies

Blow me.....

schit

All the fughing time...

Fughing idiot

Cherry picking a post is one of the signs of a person who knows they are getting hemmed the fugg up in a buncha bullschitt they post.

Like I said..
Your worse than Joe Biden.

LMFAO!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
# Indyfuriouslygooglingstuffforsomebullschitpostreply

LMFAO!!!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I prefer to maintain my anonymity, just like most here.

I don't think some of the posters here would want their employers to know what they posted, or even that they post on the 24HCF. As for my "making up" stories, why would I want to impress some of the low lifes here?

However the story about civilians training army guys can be verified with the CMP. It happened about 3 or 4 years ago. It turned out that the ordinary troops were supposedly good for ranges under 350 meters (might have been 300 or 400, I forget which) and snipers were supposed to shoot above 700 yards. Anyway, the bad guys tried to stay in the middle. It was decided to issue one guy per squad with an accurate M16 loaded with 77 grain Sierra Match Kings to bridge that gap. Because there was a lack of instructors, some civilians were sought to train new instructors for two weeks, unpaid of course. We have some very good shooters around here and a couple of friends of mine took them up on that.

That said, I really want no further dialogue with you unless you can be civil and rational. In my "real" life I don't associate with people who speak like you do, cussing and swearing every other word. Perhaps you don't either.

Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

466 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 49 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,277
Posts18,505,057
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.