Hop To
Page 16 of 44 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 43 44
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
What we know in my opinion:
1. The officers had the man subdued and at some point the man went unconscious and unresponsive.
2. The officers should have observed that a man in their custody went unconscious and they should have gotten him medical attention.

What we don't know for sure:
1. What the.actual cause of death is and whether any medical assistance would have stopped it.
2. What was in the minds and hearts of the officers at the time of the incident.

We have to wait for the autopsy and/or investigation for more information. To say someone is guilty of murder you have to prove intentional and deliberate killing of another with malice aforethought. To me it LOOKS more like negligence. They should have noticed the man in their custody went unconscious and had a medic check on him.

Can you see the racism implicit in your summary? Were that 4 blacks subduing a white in that circumstance is there any question that the uniform prevented all four from being immediately arrested? There was nothing negligent about the cop with his knee on the guys's neck. It was intentional and carried to an extent well beyond simply subduing a man who at no point thus far in any of the videos yet released shows any resistance. Quite obviously, the man had a reason to be in imminent fear of death and should have been expected to resist as much as he was capable of. If he in fact showed no more resistance than thus far has been shown, then a cursory examination of any of the four's body cams should be enough to arrest them all on murder charges. Would you favor waiting for the autopsy before arresting anyone were the colors reversed?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It looks like a photoshop job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MM879

it may very well be, but something like this floating around is reason enough for a city block to get looted and burned.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Bodycams? Or were they turned off? Missing?

I know what I think I saw, let the investigation play out,
and learn more.

Not, that the end result will match the info from the investigation.

I do know that in the last several years we have seen this reaction
from a number of situations. Some in which the cops performed
exactly as they should.

In too many though, they were wrong.

And, other than public opinion, suffered nothing as the result
of someone dying needlessly.

Some, would have easily been charged and imprisoned if
they weren't Blue. Others, probably didn't deserve charges,
But clearly showed they were in the wrong profession.

I don't understand this Blue Line thing.

How can someone proud of their profession, dedicated to
upholding the law, not be incensed when they find a traitor
to the cause.

Why is it them against us?
I'm not against them. I wish they would do a better job
policing themselves. I want to have that childish, traditional
respect toward cops.

Instead. I have had that conservation with my kids.

The one a former president alluded to.

Except, my kids aren't ghetto black boys.
They are are articulate white females.

The guide for all arrests and use of force is the 4th Amendment. This is difficult for a lot of Americans to understand because when they hear search and seizure they think "searching my car" or "seizing my boat." But all arrests are a seizure in the eyes of our courts, and any use of force that is applied during that seizure, is also viewed through the glass of the 4th Amendment. In its most plain terms, death is the ultimate seizure that the government can perform against an individual. The state has taken a life.

When a case goes before a court the objective is to determine if the officer acted in a reasonable fashion.

The factors that can be weighed to determine if the officer/officers behaved reasonably are LIMITLESS. They can include but not be limited to, severity of the crime, level of resistance by the subject, which of the parties involved escalated the encounter, which of the parties involved tried to keep the encounter from escalation, training, prior knowledge of subject, lack of prior knowledge of subject, an officer's level of experience, an officer's lack of experience, size and skill of an officer, size and skill of a subject, and on, and on, it goes. And keep in mind that hindsight cannot be used as a factor and that judge and jury must consider factors like adrenaline and split second decision making.

Law enforcement is not viewed the same as non-law enforcement. I hate to break that news to people, but the courts decided long ago that an agent of the state will be viewed differently than Joe Schit the Ragman.

Suffice to say that simply watching a video and making a guess as to what happened, and who is culpable, is most always a bad idea. It is only going to be one factor in the outcome of the case. This has been proven 100X's over, i.e. Rodney King, Freddie Gray, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc.

Yet Americans just keep taking the bait and refuse to understand how the 4th Amendment applies to them and theirs if a law dog chooses to interact with them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DeFlave - this - This has been proven 100X's over, i.e. Rodney King, Freddie Gray, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc.

People mostly seem unaware that there were either 4 or 5 arrested at the SAME time as Rodney King......... right or wrong 4 of them said 'yes sir, no sir, yes sir, no sir' .... One did not!!!

ONE got his azz beat, 4 did NOT......

It's a little like running from the cops, a little like, NOT exactly like, but a little.......... You're gonna get arrested either way, the difference is are you going with busted and bruised ribs and gravel in your ears...................

Last edited by muffin; 05/27/20.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m sure the Dindu was headed to register for his next semester classes at seminary and was turning his life around. Regardless, a man should not receive a stiffer street justice sentence than the courts would have given him, armed assailants excepted. Maybe they can toe-tag him Covid-19?

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by muffin
DeFlave - this - This has been proven 100X's over, i.e. Rodney King, Freddie Gray, Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc.

People mostly seem unaware that there were either 4 or 5 arrested at the SAME time as Rodney King......... right or wrong 4 of them said 'yes sir, no sir, yes sir, no sir' .... One did not!!!

ONE got his azz beat, 4 did NOT......

It's a little like running from the cops, a little like, NOT exactly like, but a little.......... You're gonna get arrested either way, the difference is are you going with busted and bruised ribs and gravel in your ears...................

The most ironic thing about the Rodney King video, is that if the department hadn't changed their use of force policy to conform to public opinion, he never would have gotten his ass beat with PR-24's.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
We don't see what started this fiasco but we do see over 5 minutes of the cops holding this guy on the ground, why ? Why wasn't he loaded in to the police car that was sitting there? Did they think he needed medical assistance, were they just waiting for the ambulance to arrive on the scene ? I'm just not seeing the necessity in kneeling on his neck for that long. The man was obviously under duress, and it seems as if no one cared enough to help him .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Duck, that sounds all good, but doesn’t show the truth. Take a shooting situations. Cops dump an armed bad guy...The ventilated asswad is cuffed even though he’s been shot.

Cops call for EMS but they’re not applying pressure to the chest wound or doing CPR. They are standing around with a shot up and cuffed bad guy on the ground, waiting on Medical to roll up to work on him....Or, coroner if he’s DRT.

How’s that differ from what you are saying these cops should have done?

😎

I'll have you know that The Duck once took a criminal justice class at a junior college.

He know all about the 8th Amendment.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimy
We don't see what started this fiasco but we do see over 5 minutes of the cops holding this guy on the ground, why ? Why wasn't he loaded in to the police car that was sitting there? Did they think he needed medical assistance, were they just waiting for the ambulance to arrive on the scene ? I'm just not seeing the necessity in kneeling on his neck for that long. The man was obviously under duress, and it seems as if no one cared enough to help him .

That’s why prudent people wait for the results of the investigation.

By the way, most anybody that doesn’t want to be arrested? Appears to be under duress.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It’s funny to me how many of you fail to recognize that at the start of the video, all the SJW’s are telling the perp to stop resisting and every time they ask the cop to put him in the squad car they reply “we already tried that.”

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by MM879

it may very well be, but something like this floating around is reason enough for a city block to get looted and burned.

Yes and you re-posted it. You should be very proud of your actions.

Last edited by MM879; 05/27/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
What we know in my opinion:
1. The officers had the man subdued and at some point the man went unconscious and unresponsive.
2. The officers should have observed that a man in their custody went unconscious and they should have gotten him medical attention.

What we don't know for sure:
1. What the.actual cause of death is and whether any medical assistance would have stopped it.
2. What was in the minds and hearts of the officers at the time of the incident.

We have to wait for the autopsy and/or investigation for more information. To say someone is guilty of murder you have to prove intentional and deliberate killing of another with malice aforethought. To me it LOOKS more like negligence. They should have noticed the man in their custody went unconscious and had a medic check on him.

Can you see the racism implicit in your summary? Were that 4 blacks subduing a white in that circumstance is there any question that the uniform prevented all four from being immediately arrested? There was nothing negligent about the cop with his knee on the guys's neck. It was intentional and carried to an extent well beyond simply subduing a man who at no point thus far in any of the videos yet released shows any resistance. Quite obviously, the man had a reason to be in imminent fear of death and should have been expected to resist as much as he was capable of. If he in fact showed no more resistance than thus far has been shown, then a cursory examination of any of the four's body cams should be enough to arrest them all on murder charges. Would you favor waiting for the autopsy before arresting anyone were the colors reversed?

I didn't see any mention of race by OutlawPatriot.

Yours however...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
It’s funny to me how many of you fail to recognize that at the start of the video, all the SJW’s are telling the perp to stop resisting and every time they ask the cop to put him in the squad car they reply “we already tried that.”

Yet in truth their word or what they say is or should be worthless, cops lie constantly it's how it works.
They lie to the public but it's a crime if the public lies to them

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH

Yet in truth their word or what they say is or should be worthless, cops lie constantly it's how it works.

You should provide testimony for the prosecution.

Be sure to bring Duck with you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
By the way, the real reason nobody comments on the audio?

Is because maybe one out of ten people that are commenting on the case, actually watched that video from start to finish.

Maybe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

You should provide testimony for the prosecution.

Be sure to bring Duck with you.

You might consider not passing off your version of the truth as fact.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The video you keep citing is either evidence, or it isn't.

The video indicates that, that attempt had already been made.

Not only by the officers, but the SJW's as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All one can hope for is for justice to be served, one way or another. Two things that is for sure,one is the typical reaction of politicians to automatically throw cops under the bus, with the other being the excuse to loot. Put them on admin leave? of course. We'll see what happens

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jorgeI
All one can hope for is for justice to be served, one way or another. Two things that is for sure,one is the typical reaction of politicians to automatically throw cops under the bus, with the other being the excuse to loot. Put them on admin leave? of course. We'll see what happens

I don't think it's been posted yet, but the officers have all been terminated by the city of Minneappleass.

Page 16 of 44 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 41 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,561
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.