C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Are you incapable of distinguishing right from wrong?

No.

I can also spot an uninformed and idiotic opinion when I see one.

Yours and the mayor of Minneapolis are two prime examples.

There’s one idiotic opinion between us and it’s not mine.

You’re trying to defend the indefensible, pull your head out of your ass. I’m as hard on welfare mooching blacks as anyone here, I grew up in the middle of them and know full well how they are. I can put that aside and call a spade a spade though.

There is NOTHING that justifies what was done. It doesn’t matter what he did before the cop put his knee on his neck, he was handcuffed and fully subdued. Fights over then. It doesn’t matter if he spat on them, called their mother a whore, or anything else. The cops job is to deliver him into custody and let the court system sort it out. That’s it. Keep giving these criminal thugs a pass because they wear a badge and it’s going to escalate out of control. If that had been done by a US soldier in the Middle East to a captured enemy he would go before a court martial for war crimes.

Does that mean I think these riots are justified? Hell no! But anyone that didn’t think this would happen in a situation like this is a fool.

Enjoy your emotions.

Enjoy having your head up your ass

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
OK, Karen.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Really? I doubt any Campfire member is out there demonstrating against the police, or throwing bottles at them. Folks here are simply commenting on events as they unfold, and the opinions expressed here are as diverse (!) as the people expressing them.

Bullscchitt.

More than “opinions “ expressed here which you obviously missed?

Many here have expressed “case closed “.

Did you miss these ?

"Case closed" is an opinion; not necessarily a sound one, but an opinion nevertheless. And no one here is rioting or looting.

Fair enough.

Question for you:

Would you want these “case closed opinion types “ sitting on a jury for a trial that you were under charges for ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Are the officers standing around watching this take place any less culpable than the officer with his knee in the guy's throat?

Not if the kneeler out ranked them or was senior to them.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Are you incapable of distinguishing right from wrong?

No.

I can also spot an uninformed and idiotic opinion when I see one.

Yours and the mayor of Minneapolis are two prime examples.

There’s one idiotic opinion between us and it’s not mine.

You’re trying to defend the indefensible, pull your head out of your ass. I’m as hard on welfare mooching blacks as anyone here, I grew up in the middle of them and know full well how they are. I can put that aside and call a spade a spade though.

There is NOTHING that justifies what was done. It doesn’t matter what he did before the cop put his knee on his neck, he was handcuffed and fully subdued. Fights over then. It doesn’t matter if he spat on them, called their mother a whore, or anything else. The cops job is to deliver him into custody and let the court system sort it out. That’s it. Keep giving these criminal thugs a pass because they wear a badge and it’s going to escalate out of control. If that had been done by a US soldier in the Middle East to a captured enemy he would go before a court martial for war crimes.

Does that mean I think these riots are justified? Hell no! But anyone that didn’t think this would happen in a situation like this is a fool.

I'm not going to defend either side or get into insults over this, as I haven't seen enough to comment on it really either way. But, do you really think that once cuffs go on, that's the end of it? Fight's over as you said? No control techniques afforded to an officer? Which would is better, 4 officers subduing a violent subject with control techniques or a single officer delivering blows with a baton or strikes with his hands/elbows/knees whatever?

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday we were in Tucson amd stopped for lunch at a well known chicken take out joint. There were two of us in the lobby waiting for our orders, a black woman and me. We both got our orders about the same time. I let her approach the door ahead of me and tried to push it open for her. She opened the door and said go ahead, I have the door. I thanked her. She thanked me and we both went on about our business. No rioting took place. FWIW.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Are the officers standing around watching this take place any less culpable than the officer with his knee in the guy's throat?

Not if the kneeler out ranked them or was senior to them.

You make a valid point I hadn’t considered. Thanks.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This already has been proven, two of the cops were essentially rookies.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm not convinced that the cops wanted to kill the black guy, but they did.

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looks like the kneeling cop has an Asian wife, and at least two of the other involved officers are Asian.

I wonder how that will play into the race issue?

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Really? I doubt any Campfire member is out there demonstrating against the police, or throwing bottles at them. Folks here are simply commenting on events as they unfold, and the opinions expressed here are as diverse (!) as the people expressing them.

Bullscchitt.

More than “opinions “ expressed here which you obviously missed?

Many here have expressed “case closed “.

Did you miss these ?

"Case closed" is an opinion; not necessarily a sound one, but an opinion nevertheless. And no one here is rioting or looting.

Fair enough.

Question for you:

Would you want these “case closed opinion types “ sitting on a jury for a trial that you were under charges for ?

No; nor would I want any of those in the streets of Minneapolis or LA on my jury. You would probably be OK. grin

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Miranda ushered in new forms of professional policing. Videos like this can and should have the same outcome. The video may not be conclusive, but the universal disgust should be. These officers will face a jury made up of people like the ones expressing outrage in this forum. Time for change.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
The cop needs to go to the county jail and see how long he lasts, let the people have their way... it would settle things down and justice would be done without a bunch of cost and protracted BS..

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by johnn
The cop needs to go to the county jail and see how long he lasts, let the people have their way... it would settle things down and justice would be done without a bunch of cost and protracted BS..

Check out Mr. Law and Order.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Paul39
Looks like the kneeling cop has an Asian wife, and at least two of the other involved officers are Asian.

I wonder how that will play into the race issue?

Paul

It won't matter. In the game of race baiting, Asian's are effectively white.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

These ideas make you no better than the worst among us , we as civilized society that live our lives under a set of rules and laws that govern all of us equally.

You idea makes no less sense than the looters burning down other peoples livelihoods ! Revenge is a more up front and personal way of dealing with the person that wrongs you , although illegal it is understandable in some cases.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jimy

These ideas make you no better than the worst among us , we as civilized society that live our lives under a set of rules and laws that govern all of us equally.

You idea makes no less sense than the looters burning down other peoples livelihoods ! Revenge is a more up front and personal way of dealing with the person that wrongs you , although illegal it is understandable in some cases.

Call BS, its evident what the fug happened, if he wasn't a cop he would go to jail...... and you have a problem with that?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I notice a lot of you morons keep saying “if he wasn’t a cop.”

Is your comprehension of our laws really that low?

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J

Apparently, please enlighten me what i am missing?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

This says it all , we are all supposed to be equals , you don't believe that charges will be filed if the autopsy shows that the cop killed him ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,441
Posts18,470,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.