Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So an officer can never subdue and restrain a non compliant violent felon when arrested. They should just release them if they complain of pains? Sounds logical to me. About as logical as emptying all of prisons of violent rapists and muderers and child molesters so they don't get the covid virus.

How bad is the violent crime, drug gangs and murders and home invasions in Salmon Idaho?

Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I don’t believe the officers killed the perp. I see three officers doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a violent perp until he can be transported to the hospital for evaluation. They pin the perp that way so perp can’t hurt themselves or the officers. The “I can’t breathe” means he can breathe fine. They had already called the ambulance to come get him and were obviously unaware he had died before the ambulance arrived. Probably called because he was suspected mentally ill and was violently resisting arrest. The officers only mistake was not paying close attention. In their defense they had no reason to suspect a guy who was just violently resisting was going to die in the ten minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive.
Why are so many campfire members buying the race baiting narrative ?

Doesn't the officer have a legal duty to safeguard the health of the suspect in his custody? Once the guy started showing signs of medical extremis, you continue to kneel on his neck while doing nothing to address his medical crisis at your peril. That said, smells like manslaughter to me, not murder.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don’t believe the officers killed the perp. I see three officers doing a reasonably professional job of restraining a violent perp until he can be transported to the hospital for evaluation. They pin the perp that way so perp can’t hurt themselves or the officers. The “I can’t breathe” means he can breathe fine. They had already called the ambulance to come get him and were obviously unaware he had died before the ambulance arrived. Probably called because he was suspected mentally ill and was violently resisting arrest. The officers only mistake was not paying close attention. In their defense they had no reason to suspect a guy who was just violently resisting was going to die in the ten minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive.

Doesn't the officer have a legal duty to safeguard the health of the suspect in his custody? Once the guy started showing signs of medical extremis, you continue to kneel on his neck while doing nothing to address his medical crisis at your peril. That said, smells like manslaughter to me, not murder.

It's not a cop's job to evaluate your pre-existing medical conditions when you resist arrest.

Saying "I can't breathe" is proof that you can breathe. Anybody that's taken First Aid training knows this.

All of these circumstances and scenarios have been weighed by the courts tens of thousands of times. The DA knows this isn't going to be a conviction. It's just feel good bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

It's not a cop's job to evaluate your pre-existing medical conditions when you resist arrest.

Saying "I can't breathe" is proof that you can breathe. Anybody that's taken First Aid training knows this.

All of these circumstances and scenarios have been weighed by the courts tens of thousands of times. The DA knows this isn't going to be a conviction. It's just feel good bullschit.

Soo I can keep going into Furniture Barn and light fires?

Oh wait....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
So, once subdued aren't they supposed to cuff them and throw them in the cruiser? Complicated chit.

So, didn't they realize they were on video? Murderous and phucqking dumb.

So where in the report did they not attempt to put him in the cruiser?

More clueless clowns chiming in again

Once in the cruiser, they dragged Floyd back out.

You know this, yet argue as if you don’t.

Why was he drug out of the cruiser genius? You seem to have a great deal of experience conducting internet homicide investigations. LOL Go check Face Book and post your results LMAO again

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Lets get Kingston's legal take on this before we come to a conclusion

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
They’re charging the cop and they don’t have the autopsy yet ? I’m going to bet that eventually the cops will be exonerated , get back pay , and a large settlement to resign.
........................Like I said in my other post... You are unfamiliar with LEO policies and police protocols. Does not matter IF the autopsy finds positive of whatever drug or drugs. The officers violated detainment procedure after he was already cuffed and on the ground....That is called,,,"unreasonable force"......

The officer was charged with one count of 3rd degree murder plus one count of manslaughter. Apparently all of those investigating this case and who watched the video including the Minneapolis DA and the federal authorities, all disagree with ya there Daveinjax not to mention many more who also disagree with you.....

Slice and dice this any way you wish and justify the officer's actions any way you wish....Bottom line? The officer violated procedure which directly lead to a death.

Officers were professionally immobilizing the perp so he couldn’t hurt himself or others until medical transport arrived. By pinning him to the ground and completely immobilizing him they’re protecting him. They’re not medical professionals so they don’t know how to properly diagnose and treat the perp. Hence the ambulance with medical professionals. Floyd was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 05/29/20.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Crump is representing the family...demands first degree murder charge ! Please do charge the officers with first degree murder. The third degree murder the officer is charged with isn’t substantiated much less first degree murder. Appeasement never works ! Minneapolis is going to burn regardless of the charge or the real cause of death. I’m going to go way out on a limb here and say toxicology is going to come back as overdosed on drug of choice.

No one that Ive known has ever died of a drug overdose. Must have been that officer kneeling on gentle Floyd's carotid artery on his upper shoulders that killed him. Ask all of the internet detectives on here.

I read the charging documents and he was definitely resisting and The whole claustrophobic bit is bs because they just pulled him out of a car. He’s falling down and resisting so they pin him to the ground completely immobilize him and wait for the ambulance to haul him off to the hospital for an evaluation. Just officers doing a routine job professionally and the guy happened to die from a whole history of poor choices right up to his death. If they’d let him continue to flop around and he had seriously injured himself they’d have been responsible for his injuries.
.............You just don't get it do ya? The officers were justified with pinning him to the ground. But after he was ON the GROUND, laying on his stomach and CUFFED with hands BEHIND his BACK, THERE WAS NO NEED TO immobilize him any further. He had been immobilized. That officer could have very easily applied pressure elsewhere on the backside of his body to keep him from "FLOPPING AROUND" as you say. Routine you say?................ Absolute BULLCRAP!......

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
So, once subdued aren't they supposed to cuff them and throw them in the cruiser? Complicated chit.

So, didn't they realize they were on video? Murderous and phucqking dumb.

So where in the report did they not attempt to put him in the cruiser?

More clueless clowns chiming in again

Once in the cruiser, they dragged Floyd back out.

You know this, yet argue as if you don’t.

Why was he drug out of the cruiser genius? You seem to have a great deal of experience conducting internet homicide investigations. LOL Go check Face Book and post your results LMAO again

This is taken from the arrest warrant, which you claim to have read.

“The defendant pulled Mr. Floyd out of the passenger side of the squad car at 8:19:38 p.m. and Mr. Floyd went to the ground face down and still handcuffed.“

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Lets get Kingston's legal take on this before we come to a conclusion

Ribka are you a cop?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Has anyone verified if the National Anthem was being played at the time of the kneeling incident?

Last edited by RemModel8; 05/29/20.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
POS cop needs to fry over this.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So, in your expert opinion, one can’t verbally report that they are having difficulty breathing, if they’re having difficulty breathing?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

.............You just don't get it do ya? The officers were justified with pinning him to the ground. But after he was ON the GROUND, laying on his stomach and CUFFED with hands BEHIND his BACK, THERE WAS NO NEED TO immobilize him any further. He had been immobilized. That officer could have very easily applied pressure elsewhere on the backside of his body to keep him from "FLOPPING AROUND" as you say. Routine you say?................ Absolute BULLCRAP!......

You guys need to stop.

You're making idiots of yourselves.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crump is representing the family...demands first degree murder charge ! Please do charge the officers with first degree murder. The third degree murder the officer is charged with isn’t substantiated much less first degree murder. Appeasement never works ! Minneapolis is going to burn regardless of the charge or the real cause of death. I’m going to go way out on a limb here and say toxicology is going to come back as overdosed on drug of choice.

No one that Ive known has ever died of a drug overdose. Must have been that officer kneeling on gentle Floyd's carotid artery on his upper shoulders that killed him. Ask all of the internet detectives on here.

I read the charging documents and he was definitely resisting and The whole claustrophobic bit is bs because they just pulled him out of a car. He’s falling down and resisting so they pin him to the ground completely immobilize him and wait for the ambulance to haul him off to the hospital for an evaluation. Just officers doing a routine job professionally and the guy happened to die from a whole history of poor choices right up to his death. If they’d let him continue to flop around and he had seriously injured himself they’d have been responsible for his injuries.
............. But after he was ON the GROUND, laying on his stomach and CUFFED with hands BEHIND his BACK, THERE WAS NO NEED TO immobilize him any further.

An officer does have a duty to keep someone he thinks may be a danger to himself and others immobilized. Have you ever heard of someone in cuffs hurting themselves or others? How much pressure was the officer applying with his knee?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

No, but when evidence of a medical emergency manifests, you ignore it at your peril, especially when you are kneeling on the back of his neck and camera's are rolling. The officer has a duty to safeguard the health of his arrestee and kneeling on the back of his neck while he is possibly having a medical emergency is arguably a dereliction of that duty.

Tarquin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Last edited by tikkanut; 05/29/20.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys need to stop.

You're making idiots of yourselves.

Tell us more about first aid class.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They’re charging the cop and they don’t have the autopsy yet ? I’m going to bet that eventually the cops will be exonerated , get back pay , and a large settlement to resign.
........................Like I said in my other post... You are unfamiliar with LEO policies and police protocols. Does not matter IF the autopsy finds positive of whatever drug or drugs. The officers violated detainment procedure after he was already cuffed and on the ground....That is called,,,"unreasonable force"......

The officer was charged with one count of 3rd degree murder plus one count of manslaughter. Apparently all of those investigating this case and who watched the video including the Minneapolis DA and the federal authorities, all disagree with ya there Daveinjax not to mention many more who also disagree with you.....

Slice and dice this any way you wish and justify the officer's actions any way you wish....Bottom line? The officer violated procedure which directly lead to a death.

Officers were professionally immobilizing the perp so he couldn’t hurt himself or others until medical transport arrived. By pinning him to the ground and completely immobilizing him they’re protecting him. They’re not medical professionals so they don’t know how to properly diagnose and treat the perp. Hence the ambulance with medical professionals. Floyd was a heart attack waiting to happen.
......You are full of CRAP!... Professionally immobilizing him??? Ya mean professionally immobilizing him by putting pressure on his neck for 6 to 8 minutes dramatically reducing the blood flow to the brain?? Ya mean THAT KIND of PROFESSIONAL immobilization??..............

Yep! You are right. The officers are not medical professionals. HOWEVER and nevertheless, they are TRAINED LEOs who violated detainment procedure by using unreasonable force. You do NOT need to be a medical professional to know that when force is applied to the neck in certain ways for a period of time, it can cause death.

Those officers were trained on what to do,,, AND ALSO TRAINED ON WHAT NOT TO DO....

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No, but when evidence of a medical emergency manifests, you ignore it at your peril, especially when you are kneeling on the back of his neck and camera's are rolling. The officer has a duty to safeguard the health of his arrestee and kneeling on the back of his neck while he is possibly having a medical emergency is arguably a dereliction of that duty.

Let me know when you're done pulling ideas out of your ass.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
An officer does have a duty to keep someone he thinks may be a danger to himself and others immobilized. Have you ever heard of someone in cuffs hurting themselves or others? How much pressure was the officer applying with his knee?

Enough to make it appear as though he killed Mr. Floyd on camera.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (219 Wasp, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,294
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.