Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by 79S
1980 called they want their norma MRP back..

1898 called and they want their Mausers back. Maybe I should have said RL-22...

No maybe try another powder... and poor ph ucking Chip, been stuck on I90 crosswalk duty..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
HR IC

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ph cking Chip, poor bastard called out to the head honcho of the company.. Chip in the break room, sipping coffee. Grabs an apple fritter not a care in the world, man he works at Weatherby what more can a guy ask for.. takes a bite of his apple fritter. Carl comes running in out of breath, going mr,mr,mr Wea..... Chip looks at him, tells Carl spit it out man.. Carl say Mr. Weatherby wants to see you.. Chip, smiles thinks to himself I'm getting promoted, life cannot get better.. He takes a drink of coffee eats his fritter and makes the walk.... 2 hours later Chip at unemployment office looking for a job..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! Dallas Safari Club? All those exotic hunting locales and gun writers at your disposal, then to top it all a call from Adam Weatherby himself? .....I am indeed much impressed, in awe even!! .....I hope you get your rifle fixed so you don't have to unleash the beast 😁.....Good luck......Hb

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poor chip couldn’t compete with any of that, all he had was his loyalty card to harbor freight.. poor chip

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
Opinions, everyone has one.

Good summary.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by roundoak
....Opinions, everyone has one. Here is a short version of mine. Jorge started with a big splash capital letter thread title and then proceeded to show the campfire and Weatherby he is not to be ignored and a person to be reckoned with. He was capable of trashing Weatherby with every publication he knows, as well as gun scribes who he has a personal relationship with and last but not least, the Dallas Safari Club. In short, a real force to be reckoned with.
Blah, blah, blah.

Blah.
Like you wouldn't throw whatever weight you perceive yourself as having in order to get something fixed.
I'd be telling them I planned to spend a million bucks with them next year, but the $198 is jeopardizing that. laugh

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pugs
In this case I have more than his post to go on and that's enough for me to believe he acted appropriatly to the situation and the response from Weatherby validated his actions.

Two points. First,coming to the defense of your friend is admirable but as far as forming an opinion, those of us who don't know Jorge have the advantage. We're not considering his traits, good bad or indifferent when we form our opinions, we're just looking at the words he posted here. That is what we're talking about, right?

Second, as far as Weatherby "validating his actions," that's totally irrelevant because no one has criticized him for writing the letter or going straight to the top to get the situation rectified. The only thing people have criticized him for is what he posted here about it, after the fact.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just read this whole thread. UNCLE.

Jorge, I look forward to hearing about how your rifle turns out.
I think there are many here who should think seriously if they would speak the same way in person to one another as they do from their keyboards. Especially given that despite the diversity alluded to, most people on this forum have a lot more in common than not.
And finally to whatever twit wrote the comment about the "old man smell [being] strong" in that room full of heroes - shame on you.

Out,
Rex

[EDIT - and I wrote that final line having taken my own advice and considered if I would say that to his face.]

Last edited by TRexF16; 03/07/20.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TRexF16

I think there are many here who should think seriously if they would speak the same way in person to one another as they do from their keyboards. Especially given that despite the diversity alluded to, most people on this forum have a lot more in common than not.
And finally to whatever twit wrote the comment about the "old man smell [being] strong" in that room full of heroes - shame on you.

Out,
Rex

[EDIT - and I wrote that final line having taken my own advice and considered if I would say that to his face.]

Oh chit, what next telling people to fly to your home of resident so you can whip their asses?? You notice the bad asses that want to deal out justice never say I'm flying to where you live and whip your ass. Its always "oh yeah well, why don't you fly here and come to my house and say that to my face". Never made sense to me why would I fly to a place to potentially get an ass whooping? No one is going to pay to fly, get a rental car, ask the person looking to give you an ass whooping their address etc.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lets not forget about Chip getting fired... Poor bastard you know how many phone calls that dude gets everyday from people who cant get their weatherby to shoot..

IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by 79S
lets not forget about Chip getting fired... Poor bastard you know how many phone calls that dude gets everyday from people who cant get their weatherby to shoot..

Wrong on both counts, but that seems to be par for the course...He was not fired. It was CHIP who called me the next day to say the email was coming with the UPS label link and the RMA code to return. but hell. don't take my toed for it, call their customer service on Monday and ask for Chip and report back to us....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Out,
Rex

Oh chit, what next telling people to fly to your home of resident so you can whip their asses?? You notice the bad asses that want to deal out justice never say I'm flying to where you live and whip your ass. Its always "oh yeah well, why don't you fly here and come to my house and say that to my face". Never made sense to me why would I fly to a place to potentially get an ass whooping? No one is going to pay to fly, get a rental car, ask the person looking to give you an ass whooping their address etc.

You completely missed my point. I don't want to whip anyone's @ss. I'd just like to see folks behave like grownups. I never considered that people's reason for being such jerks to one another was because there is little threat of an @ss whoopin' on an internet forum. I just thought most people would actually be better and nicer people than to treat one another like that in person, but for some reason the anonymity of an internet forum seems to seduce some folks into behaviors that they are actually genuinely "better than" in person. Not because they fear violence, because they were just raised to behave better than that. I believe most of the folks here were raised better than that, and I am puzzled by the whole internet forum flaming effect in general.
For the love of Pete, can't we act like gentlemen (or ladies, as applicable)?
Cheers,
Rex

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
]
Originally Posted by Seafire

and I guess a real "campfire man" would have taken the responses "Chip" gave the OP, and just been satisfied with it?
while taking the time tho to criticize the OP for not doing so....calling him a snow flake etc..

Since you run a company:

You have a policy and Chip being an employee is supposed to follow policy. Customer calls and you being the boss expect Chip to follow policy. Now the product is processed thru warranty testing, and after it comes up threw the chain, Chip is told the product was up to specs and here are the reasons. What is Chip supposed to do? Take it on his own to ignore your directive? If you had an entire workforce of Chips who ignored your directives, that would be ok?

Chips response in this case, was the response he was directed to give by upper management.....

We have an obvious pompous, self admitted demanding individual, who likes to apply stress to underlings in order to have things done his way, telling us how Chip supposedly handled his situation. Who you going to believe....

Trump has his work cut out for him, if he thinks he can drain the entire DC bureaucratic swamp....

Addition: Ted Knight gets my vote....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Originally Posted by 79S

Wrong on both counts, but that seems to be par for the course...He was not fired. It was CHIP who called me the next day to say the email was coming with the UPS label link and the RMA code to return. but hell. don't take my toed for it, call their customer service on Monday and ask for Chip and report back to us....

Suhweet chip survived to live another day.. I was rooting for Chip the whole time..

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem isn't with Chip, it's with the guys in the back room shooting this rifle, instead hey this ph ucking thing will only shoot 120's something wrong with it. They instead took the easy way out said it shoots these 120 just fine. Chip is just relaying what he's been told, chit Chip probably doesn't know any better. Ol Mr Weatherby needs to have pep talk with the boys doing the shooting on these rifles.. Not with Chip.. Chip was just the messenger.. far as the OP throwing out who he knows at DSC who cares, or gun writers another who really cares..

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Shut yer mouth dumb azz

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Regardless... a new barrel...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's Weatherby performance that built the reputation of the product.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Looks like they did you right. Why don't you post some of your own results back to this thread when you get your hands on it.
Glad again they made it right for you.
Check 6,
Rex

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Interesting thread. I doubt there are many among us who haven’t been put off by poor customer service reps at some point or another, over some product or service or another. It’s not uncommon to go over that rep’s head, whether to the owner of the company or the next manager up the ladder. No big deal. I’m dealing with a similar situation myself right now (not hunting-related) and am contemplating going over the sales rep’s head. Jorge did just that and apparently got the response he wanted. Again, no big deal.

I think what has rubbed a few folks the wrong way is where Jorge said:

“Suffice it to say, I planned to out them with every publication I know as well as several gun scribes whom I have a personal relationship with, as well as Dallas Safari Club etc. but I figured before I did any of this, I'd [write] Adam Weatherby a note”

Frankly, this comes across as blustering. But you don’t have to look hard to find posts on this site where some of the people who have commented on this thread have done much the same thing on the pages of one forum or another by trashing a product or service they had a bad experience with. I don’t know Jorge, but I doubt he has enough clout for any gun writer, gun magazine editor, or anyone in the DSC to go out and trash Weatherby just on his say-so. So, it was pretty much an empty threat, but just as important is the last part of the sentence “but I figured before (emphasis mine) I did any of this, I’d [write] Adam Weatherby a note”. So, Jorge’s cooler head prevailed; no threat of bad publicity was actually made (only thought about, or planned), the matter was resolved, and the company was publicly commended for doing so. True, Jorge did tell Mr. Weatherby that he would cease to be a customer if he was not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint; but as a consumer with many other options, that is his prerogative. Weatherby created the situation by setting a standard for its customers to expect, and then failing to meet its own standard.

Bingo!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.